main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Which is better? PT or TCW?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by InterestingLurker, Feb 22, 2013.

?

Which is better?

1. Prequel Trilogy

12 vote(s)
    17.6%
  2. Star Wars: The Clone Wars

33 vote(s)
    48.5%
  3. Both

23 vote(s)
    33.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KeltheDor

KeltheDor Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 21, 2011
    This.

I may be hated for this, but I honestly think that The Clone Wars is at times the best piece of Star Wars I've been involved with since the original Knights of the Old Republic game.

Sure, it has its bad episodes, but the series as a whole so far has done a great job at injecting a lot of life and fun into the franchise. It also doesn't hurt that certain stories like "Umbara" are some of my favorite Star Wars tales told ever.

2. Darkskar95

Darkskar95 Jedi Master star 1

Feb 25, 2013
    Obviously TCW.

3. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Often when I watch the show I imagine if what I'm seeing had been used in the Prequels and it frustrates me. I've watched the Prequels dozens of times (well, I and II anyway) and will defend them here and there, but the show--minus some of the goofier or more repetitive aspects--dramatically has a lot of what I wanted with the Prequels: Better references to the Classic Trilogy (Tarkin, Bossk and Trandoshans, the pre-Y-Wing bomber), strategic, clever, and tense space battles, a closer look at the Force, better dialogue between Anakin and Padme, the right balance of political intrigue and not filmed as just scenes of walking and sitting, the integration of various Jedi beyond just silent extras, Padme holding her blaster properly, Anakin being more mature and with believable shades of darkness. I'm not attached to the Expanded Universe so the stuff involving Mandalorians and Nightsisters does not bother me and is some of my favorite stuff. I'd rather experience the movie-based STAR WARS cinematically than read it anyway.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  4. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    They're both equally as good as each other IMO, but if season six is as great as season five then I might say that TCW is better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.