Sth Bend, IN Which is better the New Republic or the Imperial Remnant

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by Empyre, Dec 13, 2001.

?

Which is better the New Republic or the Imperial Remnant

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
New Republic 4 vote(s) 40.0%
Imperial Remnant 6 vote(s) 60.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Empyre Jedi Youngling

star 2
  2. Empyre Jedi Youngling

star 2
    This is a discussion that KnnOs and I have had going for a little over a year now. Thought the rest of you may wish to weigh in.
  3. Empyre Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I of course vote Imperial Remnants. It is much better to have a strong, effective government than a weak decentralized one.

"Why should I trade one tyrant a thousand miles away for a thousand tyrants one mile away."
  4. KnnOs Jedi Master

star 2
    Despite Borsk Fey'lya (shudder) I still go in with the Reps, though I will make certain concessions

A: Borsk Fey'lya's senate is as corrupt as... um... a certain other Senate I once heard about, not name any names DC.
    B: The Empire has gotten worlds better on it's treatment of aliens
    C: Many of the reamining officers of the Empire are honorable men and women, Pellaeon being among them.

However, at it's core, the Empire is founded on Palpatine and his evil. I cannot tolerate a government that bases itself on and rewards evil. Furthermore, I am still naive enough to beleive that there ARE good sentients serving in Washington... I mean Coruscant, yes Coruscant, definatly, definatly Coruscant.
  5. Empyre Jedi Youngling

star 2
    KnnOs may I point out "the road to Hell is paved with good intentions." At least the Empire is honest. It doesn't hide what it really is behind high-sounding words like the Reps do.
  6. KnnOs Jedi Master

star 2
    But that's just the thing, the Reps (the average citizen and soldier, not politicians) strive not to wrap themselves in ideals they don't have, but to hold themselves and their conduct to those ideals, for instance Wedge in Starfighters of Adumar.
  7. Xmaveric Jedi Master

star 5
    Something you two have failed to bring into perspective are the laws of Physics. Take for example the law of Entropy which states the without maintenance, things fail.

We know that <NJO SPOILER>the leadership of the New Republic was wiped out in Star By Star. </NJO SPOILER> We also know that the Imperial Remnant is thriving during this time. That would lead me to believe, that during this time in the galaxy, the Remnant was the type of government that held together, while the NR faultered under corrupt leadership. The IR had the opportunity to consolodate it's numbers after Endor and figure out what went wrong and what they could better. The NR did not have that choice since so many years had went by between the Old Republic and the New Republic...the galaxy was different, and the laws that worked for the OR wouldn't pertain to the NR.

We can only hope that after the incredible loss described in Star By Star that the NR will consolidate it's resources, elect fair representation, and start with a clean slate. Not forming a New New Republic, but instead something complely different. This is the only hope that the galaxy has against the Vong. As for corruption setting in again, who can tell? Perhaps the Imperial model IS the best way to run an entire galaxy unter central leadership. And with a little tweaking, it could happen.
  8. KnnOs Jedi Master

star 2
    do you really beleive the Empire would have held up if Bastion had been attacked? Just because they are holding up under less strident conditions does not mean their government is better
  9. Xmaveric Jedi Master

star 5
    Sure it does. Survival of the fittest.
  10. BaseDeltaZero Jedi Master

star 4
    I would have to agree with X, Survival of the Fittest. The strong shall prevail.
  11. Empyre Jedi Youngling

star 2
    The New Rep had begun it's disintegration long before the Vong. All it's citizens wanted to do is get back to the petty fights that Palpatine had so thoughtlessly interrupted.

One nice thing the Remnant has going for it is that the New Rep has removed all it's weak and dissident elements for it. What is left is a core of strength.
  12. JediJeff13 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    The answer is simple: which one has the better beer at their parties? If the Imps are serving a kegger of Bud, you might want to stick with the Republic.
  13. Empyre Jedi Youngling

star 2
    BEER??? You provincial. We only serve the finest wines. We do not have keggers.
  14. BaseDeltaZero Jedi Master

star 4
    And that is why you are no more. :)
  15. JediJeff13 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    The Imps - wine coolers and boxes of Franzia. And they still question why they lost.
  16. BaseDeltaZero Jedi Master

star 4
  17. Xmaveric Jedi Master

star 5
    Oh, and don't forget the drinks with the little umbrella's in them...gotta have those.
  18. BaseDeltaZero Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh ya, and the pirate swords with the pieces of fruit.
  19. Xmaveric Jedi Master

star 5
    Oh, and a party's not a party without cheese dip.
  20. BaseDeltaZero Jedi Master

star 4
    Get some sour cream and onion chips with some dip, man, some beef jerky, some peanut butter. Get some Haagen-Das ice cream bars, a whole lot, make sure chocolate, gotta have chocolate, man. Some popcorn, red popcorn, graham crackers, graham crackers with marshmallows, the little marshmallows and little chocolate bars and we can make smores, man. Also, celery, grape jelly, Captain Crunch with the little Crunch berries, pizzas. We need two big pizzas, man, everything on 'em, with water, whole lotta water, and Funyons.
  21. TK895 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    JediJeff: The Imps - wine coolers and boxes of Franzia. And they still question why they lost

And that is one more reason why you are number one on our list for new recruits. Sheesh!
  22. Empyre Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Based on new information contained in Dark Journey. I realize I should have added the Hapans and Corporate Sector. Oops. Anyways the imps are so nice and cool and collected whereas the rebels are irrational.
  23. Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus

star 5
    That former queen Ta'a Chume (or however it's spelled) is a real cool calculating meanie.
  24. EMERALD_GREENE Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Don't forget about the Chiss. I think they will play an important role in the battles with the Vong before NJO is over.
  25. Xmaveric Jedi Master

star 5
    Ta'a Chume is da bomb baby! She's got it all going on! I'll be her favorite any day!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.