main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Which is more fun - the last half hour of AOTC or the first half hour of ROTS?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by DarthHomer, Feb 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Danzo

Danzo Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 20, 2012
    It's not that there's anything wrong with them, I enjoy seeing them when done right, but when thrown in with the multiple other things going on it all feels too much and too fast paced.

2. Lord Tyrannus

Lord Tyrannus Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2012
    I agreeeeeeee

3. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I do agree that the first part of ROTS is a bit too fast paced at times. The duel between Anakin, Obi-Wan and Dooku was too short for example. Besides that really I have no problem with it.

4. FunintheSun

FunintheSun Jedi Padawan

Nov 6, 2011
    Since the question is more fun, I will say ROTS. Metaphors aside, C3PO's gag wasn't funny to watch. R2 in ROTS was cute with the droids shocking and kicking each other like children.

Grievous and those droids:

Grievous (snatching lightsaber) That wasn't much of a rescue.
    Droid (turning head, sarcastically) You're welcome.

Obi Wan and Anakin in the elevator. It was all good fun.

5. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Don't forget the banter between Obi-Wan, Anakin and Grievous after the banter between Grievous and the Droid.

I also like when the missiles come after Obi-Wan and he tells R4 "No no R4, nothing to fancy." I don't know why but I find that line so amusing.

Jarren_Lee-Saber and FunintheSun like this.
  6. FunintheSun

FunintheSun Jedi Padawan

Nov 6, 2011
    ^ I'm with you. I thought the ROTS beginning was so cute. I wouldn't cut that for anything.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  7. the_sinister_hologram

the_sinister_hologram Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 3, 2012
    I would have chosen the first half hour of ROTS if there was no General Four-Arms.
    So my pick is the last 30 mins of AOTC.

8. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Jarren_Lee-Saber Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2008
    The opening of ROTS is some of my favorite scenes in Star Wars

Though the scene of all the Jedi charging at the droids in AOTC was epic

9. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    Jedi in the arena was just mind blowing and what I'd been waiting to see. And you gotta love how it all starts with Mace saying "This party's over!" Then, it just speeds off and lightsabers light up the stands, an attack explodes, Jango's head rolls around, Yoda sails in with the Clone Army, Dooku hands Obi-Wan's ass to him and bitch slaps Anakin, then YODA opens up some whupass! AOTC all the way.

10. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    On a purely visual basis, watching the AOTC DVD on a Blu-ray player looks incredible.

tuskinraiderfromhell likes this.
  11. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    AOTC, though it's like getting a thirty minute lap dance after ninety minutes of pulling teeth.

I've never been impressed with the first half hour of ROTS, I think the first part of TPM is better.

12. SaberJedi2

SaberJedi2 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2007
    Tough question. I would have to go with the first hour of ROTS, although only by a small margin. While the banter between Obi-Wan and Anakin was wooden, I thought it was better than between Anakin and Padme at the end of AOTC. Also, the lighstaber battles between Dooku and the Jedi were better in ROTS, however Yoda does rock it pretty well. The soundtrack and visual effects are fantastic for the opening starfighter battle scene in ROTS. So, the first hour of ROTS by a little!

13. tuskinraiderfromhell

tuskinraiderfromhell Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 14, 2004
    I abosolutly LOVE them both my vote would have to go to AOTC. Pure bliss. Greatest battle of the whole saga.

14. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    Revenge of the SIth opening is probably one of the best openings in any sci-fi movie or show, i think.

The best part about AOTC is definitely the Clones all lined up and departing Coruscant. Especially when the Imperial theme comes on.
    according to the making of AOTC, George gave the production team free range to design whatever sequences they could think of for the battle, because he couldn't describe it. all he had apparently written on the page was "ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE" and from that they created several battl scenes, some actually quite gruesome. I remember seeing scenes of the tanks running over clones and droids alike, hell, even some of the stuff you see in the tv series could actually fit well with what they apparently designed for the battle, but GL vetoed a lot of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.