main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Which is more powerful...?

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by darth_of_the_night, Oct 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth_of_the_night

darth_of_the_night Jedi Master star 2

Sep 21, 2004
    I was just comparing Across the Stars (Anakin and Padme) to Han and Leia's theme. Which takes away your breath more? I would have to say when Across the Stars is really powerful (The Music has Gusto) Thanks!

2. Ozzel

Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff star 5 VIP

May 14, 2001
    Han Solo and the Princess

3. Moleman1138

Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 18, 2004
    Across the Stars. Great for love. Great for action. Han and Leia is a much more intimate theme, but Across the Stars has more power to it.

4. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    Well, compare the two scenes where each it used most "powerfully" in a dramatic sense: "Carbon Freeze" and "Love Pledge". I think "Across The Stars" is much more powerful in its context (especially with the dialog :p). Now, perhaps you may argue that "Carbon Freeze" isn't the best example because it's a short statement of the theme, sandwiched by the Imperial March. But, in essence, those two scenes match up as the initial love pledge by Padme and Leia.

5. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    I'd also say Across the Stars is more powerful
    but then again I'd wager that it's probably meant to be more powerful. It's one of the reasons why Anakin falls.
    Han and Leia is just a romance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.