main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Which is the best 12" Jango?

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Thena, Jul 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    The electronic one, or the other one?

I'm not sure which one I would rather have in my collection...

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I have both. I like the look of the Ultimate Jango better than the Electronic one, but he was a pain in the you-know-what to unpack and dress. I still don't have his shin armor done properly. Electronic Jango will probably be a lot cheaper,if the prices I see here in the UK are any guide. Had they put the electronics into Ultimate Jango I think they would have had a winner. That said, I do like both figures and am glad I got them.

3. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    The ultimate is the one that has both jetpacks?

4. Dex_the_Droid

Dex_the_Droid Jedi Youngling

Jun 30, 2003
    The Ultimate Jango Fett is the best!!

It has most of the assessories seen in AotC and is the same as all the other proper 12" figures and so fits in better.

The electronic one is good and is worth getting, but it does not really fit in with the other 12"er's. But to a kid it dont really matter. If you get the electric Jango you gotta get the Obi-Wan too. They are a 'team'.

Both Jangos are excellent sculpts that will look good on a shelf and have really good play value too.

:)

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Yes, the Ultimate Jango comes in quite a large box and has two jetpacks.

6. Devilanse

Devilanse Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2002
    I still don't have his shin armor done properly.

I know what you mean. I was able to get his shin armor on pretty good. Here's how.

Get a small screwdriver or long thin piece of metal. It has to be small enough to fit between Jango's leg and his boot. I used the tip of my hunting knife.

Using one of these implements...force his pants leg to tuck inside of his boot. You may have to give it a few tries so it'll be straight and even.

Once you get his pants tucked into his boots. Get a shinguard, and bend it outward, so its almost flat. Hold it like this for a few seconds, and then press it onto his shin hard. The plastic of the shin guard will mold itself back to its original shape.

If you are holding it onto his leg hard enough, it'll wrap itself snugly around his leg.

7. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Thanks, Devilanse. I will give that a try.
    Right now his shinguards are just hanging there and look terrible.

8. yodashizzzle

yodashizzzle Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 27, 2003
    Ultimate Jango if you gotta pick. get both if possible, though. i actually want to get two Ultimate Jangos. one to open, one to leave packaged. good advice from Devilanse on how to fix those shinguards. i'll try that , too.

9. Devilanse

May 11, 2002
    Np problem, LAJ_FETT,
    If you run into any snags, just give me a shout.

10. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Well, I ended up getting both. I guess the Electronic one isn't *really* 12", it's slightly bigger than the "Ultimate" one.

I kinda like the sculpt of the Electronic one, though, it's more life-like.

One detail they apparently only got right on "Ultimate" Jango is the chrome finish on the blasters. I wish the Electronic one also had blasters with a chrome finish (it's not easy to switch them, because one set is slightly larger than the other one.

Can anyone here tell me whether the Electronic Jango is much different from -- if I remember correctly -- the Electronic Boba that came out like 5 years ago or so?

11. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I've got Electronic Boba. Jango says and does more. Boba has 3 lines and gunfire.
    Jango has the lines if you press the right button and the jetpack and combat sounds if you press the left button. Jango's helmet is removable while Boba's is not. Boba's costume is more in line with Ultimate Jango's though - the suit is cloth, the armor plastic and it is pretty detailed. A nice figure and one of my favorites!

12. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Are they both about the same size?

13. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    They are all fairly close in size. Electronic Jango is perhaps slightly taller than Boba, but that could be the way his helmet sits on his head. Ultimate Jango and Boba are about spot-on heightwise.

And Boba's lines are:
    He's no good to me dead.
    What if he doesn't survive?
    Put Capt. Solo in the cargo hold.
    (Blaster fire).

14. Devilanse

May 11, 2002
    My Ultimate Jango is shorter than my Electronic Boba.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.