main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Which is the better Card Game?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by DamastaLukeSkywalker, May 6, 2002.

?

Which is the better Card Game?

Poll closed May 26, 2002.
  1. The new TCG

19 vote(s)
    34.5%
  2. Young Jedi CCG

1 vote(s)
    1.8%
  3. The Star Wars CCG

33 vote(s)
    60.0%
  4. The Jedi Knight CCG

2 vote(s)
    3.6%
  5. other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Artie-Deco

Artie-Deco Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 23, 2001
    What I meant was, the majority of Star Wars card gamers out there don't play the CCG and TCG, However (as proven in a recent thread) gamers from both camps play many other games.

I play both games. In fact I play all four games mentioned in this poll. The CCG is by far the best of the bunch.

IMHO, of course....

2. iwjev

iwjev Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2002
    My vote was for SW:CCG. TCG is just to simple and has to few cards and card types.

3. dark42

dark42 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2002
    Take a look: Decipher started their game 7 years ago (sorry if I'm wrong, but it's something to that extent). Wizard just started. Decipher has well over 2,000 cards in their sets, with so many possibilities. Wizard just released their first set.

Basically: Decipher's game (CCG) has quite a bit of a head start in terms of everything - minus Episode II, of course - over Wizard (TCG).

4. BigPoppaJabba

BigPoppaJabba Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2001
    I have to agree with Dark42. You can't compare the two games on the basis of number of available cards.

On the other hand, you can compare what the two companies released with their original sets, and how those cards related to the game itself. I have already put my two cents in, and it is pointless to do so again.

:)

5. Teknobabel

Teknobabel Jedi Master star 5

Jun 4, 2000
    BPJ, I have to agree, the original sets are what i based my vote on. In this case nothing else can be compared, later on you could compare other expansions, but not now

The other thing i used was availability of the cards, sure that doesn't really count in amercia, but in australia it does, so far it's ccg stockists:4 (this will go down when some friends and i buy out the last boxes) tcg stockists:3.

The only difference being one comic store won't stock tcg because the owner believes he won't get enough sales,

And the tcg is being stocked by the local gaming store because the owner believes that he has enough young gamer's to get pretty good sales (he's been trying to get all of his young customers off magic).

Oh and border's books in sydney ordered some cards (one box of boosters, one box of starters), but they haven't been able to sell any so far and the only starter deck he's gotten rid of was a prize he had to force the guy to take during a trivia comp.

6. DamastaLukeSkywalker

DamastaLukeSkywalker Jedi Master star 1

Sep 4, 2001
    A note to any mods. I wish I could revise my votes. I, like has been established, based my vote on what I had already played and the availability. I mean, I can't get anything else around here except Young Jedi Expansions. I had to buy the Starters in another State. I recently went out and bought the TCG and let me say the first game is boring, I mean the only 7 cards and then all those cards you can't use. I am now learning a lot more about and I am coming to like it a lot. I mean A LOT! I do like still agree with my original vote though. Maybe an allowance to make two only two votes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.