Which is the real 'Football'?

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by Kyptastic, Oct 28, 2007.

Which is the real 'Football'

Poll closed Mar 26, 2012.
Soccer 39 vote(s) 54.2%
Rugby League 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Rugby Union 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Gridiron 26 vote(s) 36.1%
Australian Rules 6 vote(s) 8.3%
Gaelic 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Other 1 vote(s) 1.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Asabrush Force Ghost

star 5
    I think you'll find some of us "euros" advocate the game of Rugby as well as football ;)
  2. DrMRMcKay Jedi Padawan

That's a great point, I was taking to two biggest ones and drawing a bit of a generalised line down the middle of the globe. (Certainly not the smartest of moves, but there you have it.) The point I was badly making is that you have one major football code that is played in most countries around the world (and I decided to lump them all in with the unfair term Euros (I agree that this was dumb.), my reasons for not enjoying this game as much as other codes comes pretty much purely down to the way it is played as I believe sport is something to play HARD and FAIR, not sneaky and fraudulently.
    The other sport I took a bit of a swipe at is playe in pretty much 1 country, with a few leagues here and there (as far as I am aware) it is yet another example in the history of the USA where it appears its citizens have made a conscious decision to go their own way and do somethign completely different to the rest of the world. Seems to be a common occurrence from what I have observed.

Overall I am just making some generalisations that are probably best left alone but I just can't help myself (especially when the code I would choose out of the lot is the least played and will be the first to die out if it ever comes down to it.)
  3. snap-hiss Force Ghost

star 5
    The beautiful game of course.
  4. DurronFan Force Ghost

star 4
    Wow people are still arguing about this...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.