1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events: Supanova: Melbourne (10th-12th April), Gold Coast (17th-19th April)

Oz Comic Con: Perth (11th-12 April), Adelaide (18th-19th April)

Oceania Which is worse?

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by PulsarSkate, Aug 20, 2006.

?

Which is worse?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
Being surrounded by people who can only talk about Australian/American Idol all day for three weeks 6 vote(s) 28.6%
Cold, overcast day completely taken up by sitting around, waiting for public transport to appear 2 vote(s) 9.5%
Trapped for 3 hours in a fast moving vehicle with judgemental/antagonistic family members 1 vote(s) 4.8%
Arriving at a highly anticipated movie only to have to sit in the very front neckbreaking seat on th 4 vote(s) 19.0%
Being on a 27 hour flight without inflight movies and electronic entertainment devices, with only th 3 vote(s) 14.3%
Sitting up the back of a moving bus, on a warm day, with a belly full of milk and a hangover 1 vote(s) 4.8%
Having to work overtime on your birthday, so that you miss your own birthday dinner, to save your jo 4 vote(s) 19.0%
Wearing the only pair of clean underwear you have, still wet from being washed the night before, on 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PulsarSkate Ex-Mod

star 7
    *shrugs*

I've got to do SOMETHING with my Sunday evenings!
  2. HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania

star 6
    Idol fans. ******* Idol fans. I would have chosen the bus one, but I don't suffer from motion sickness or hangovers. ;)

3. Ender Sai Chosen One

star 9
    Is there something you need to share with us, Pulse?

E_S
  4. Katana_Geldar Force Ghost

star 8
    I get bus sick, even without a hangover. [face_sick] But a hangover makes it 10 times worse as after you're sick you still feel sick.

Good thing I know a great preventer for the headache part of hangovers.
  5. Ender Sai Chosen One

star 9
    Keeping hydrated? o_O

E_S
  6. TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Waiting for public transport kills me, considering that my job consists of getting up early and hanging around at stations for several hours.

The film one came close, though.
  7. PulsarSkate Ex-Mod

star 7

Ohh, I was just taking a sample survey to even out the results of the oneupmanship game that friends of mine were playing on the weekend. My contribution is the car ride with judgemental family members [face_sick] and I have dealt with the sunny milk bus incident too.

Why I get cravings for milkshakes when I'm hungover I have no idea...
  8. Viceroy_NuteGunray Jedi Master

star 4
    Bloody idol. I wish someone would pull the damn plug on the show, it is so lame. It's as bad as Dancing with SARS! :p
  9. Tyi-Maet_Nefer Force Ghost

star 6
    Breaking my neck at the cinema. Damn that would kill me.
  10. MarvinTheMartian Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    As much as reality TV blows, I had to say the birthday one.
  11. MSE6 Jedi Knight

star 1
    "Having to work overtime on your birthday, so that you miss your own birthday dinner, to save your job, only to be retrenched the next day"

isn't this the Howard workschoice package???
  12. Kyptastic VIP

star 5
    Damn Straight.

All three Lord of The Rings Films, front row center. I almost screamed when I realized it was the only seat I could get into in Return of the King.
  13. Ender Sai Chosen One

star 9
    Nup. :)

E_S
  14. snicker_arr_snicker Jedi Knight

star 1
    Idol...ew....gross...all my friends are obsessed by it...[face_beatup]
  15. morrison85 Force Ghost

star 5
    i actually like the second one. maybe it s becasue am used to it over here :p
  16. Sith Magician Force Ghost

star 5

Ender's quite right. Calling it a "choice" is misleading. In that your choice is work to those conditions or get fired.
  17. Ender Sai Chosen One

star 9
  18. PulsarSkate Ex-Mod

star 7
    Should I have made an option named "People who start political conversations in every thread they deign to grace?" o_O
  19. Darth_Meanders Force Ghost

star 5
    Being on a 27 hour flight ..... there might have been something else written after that but just the start of that question was enough.
  20. mle Jedi Knight

star 3
    The Birthday one sucks. It's funny that some people would prefer to miss they're own birthday and get fired rather than getting a neck cramp. Heh.
  21. Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Youngling

star 6
    Idol fans for sure.I'd love to be on another 27 hour flight if it means I can get away from Idol..and the rest of that reality crap.
    You want reality? It's needing to pee at 32,000 feet at 980kmph and the toilets all not working and it's 20+ hours untill you reach Heathrow. [face_plain]

Still beats teenyboppers talking about people who can't sing.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.