main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Which is your favourite finale?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by SLAVE2, Jun 29, 2002.

?

Which is your favourite finale?

Poll closed Mar 22, 2012.
  1. ANH: Celebration on Yavin, Heroes collect their medals

14.9%
  2. ESB: Luke gets his new hand, Falcon sets off to find Han

9.0%
  3. ROTJ: Celebration on Endor, 3 Jedi spirits

37.1%
  4. TPM: Celebration on Naboo, peace between Gungans & Naboo

3.2%
  5. AOTC: Palpatine watches the Clone army, Anakin & Padme marry

35.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vaderbait

Vaderbait Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 26, 2001
    Padmiki, your emoticons confuse me.

2. THE_DOODE

THE_DOODE Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    ANH

i freaking love that ending

ROTJ is a very close second

but ya Chewie should have got a medal!

3. DeJade_Vu

DeJade_Vu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 29, 2002

I chose ESB because the music is so beautiful at the end. Also, the shot of Luke, Leia, R2 and 3P0 watching the Millenium Falcon fly by is really cool and touching.

The ending of ESB is different from the other two films. The other two end happily, while this one ends on an uncertian note. It's the darker, more intriguing ending that makes you want to watch ROTJ right away.

4. ferelwookie

ferelwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 4, 2001
    ANH...the trench run followed by the medal ceremony.

5. YoungPadawanLearner

YoungPadawanLearner Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 7, 2002
    I voted for ROTJ because it is the only ending that makes me cry.

6. The_JediMaster

The_JediMaster Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 15, 2002
    I always thought the rebels were racist against Wookies! CHEWIE should have got a medal too!! Why do you suppose he didn't?

7. The_JediMaster

The_JediMaster Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 15, 2002
    Sorry, I didn't see that someone else already pointed that out.

8. Red-Talon

Red-Talon Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 12, 2002
    1) ROTJ - Man, I love it, I enjoy the SE version even more. The music in both versions is great, seeing all the spirits brings warm feelings to the heart, watching all the planets celebrate over the victory is fun, and its even better now that we understand the redemtion of Anakin near fully.

2) AOTC - It was pretty great, the wedding music was done perfectly, and seeing the Clonetroopers in a mass with Palpetine sends chills down the spine.

3) TPM - I like this one, while it seems happy, with Anakin becoming a Padawan and all, it has a darker tone to it.

4) ANH - It was good, nothing stunning, but it has a feel good feeling to it.

5) ESB - Eh, I didn't like this one much, it was ok, but it didn't knock be back like some of them did.

9. PruneF8ce

PruneF8ce Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    ROTJ - Fantastic! Sums up the saga perfectly with the toppling of a Palpatine Statue and cheering crouds with confetti and fireworks, plus the spirits. The tragic hero has completed the prophesy (with the help of Luke and in turn, Padme). The whole thing is great. Love triumphs!

TPM - Happy ending? NOT! Guess whose up there smiling along with the good guys? The second we realize this, the camera begins to iris out. Great work! A subtle cliffhanger, but a powerful one.

AOTC - This one ends with everything up in the air: Anakins about to get kicked outta the order for marrying, the clones are off to fight on another front, Palpatines firmly in power with his alias intact and the jedi have lost their ability to fully use the force. Ouch.

ESB - Is Vader really Lukes Father? The Empire's firmly in power and we dont know whats gonna happen to anyone, especially Han.

ANH - A Heroic March into the throne room while a sea of soldiers salute. Good Stuff, but I thought there were better ones.

10. darkOmegazer0

darkOmegazer0 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 18, 2002
    I thought The special edition Return of the Jedi like someone said before summed the whole saga up. The war is finally over and there is peace in the galaxy. I like the song alot better than the stupid "yop yop...do da yap yap" song. I don't like big changes but I really liked seeing the biggest celebration across the galaxy as the empire falls.
    Attack of the Clones and The Empire strikes back had an almost identical ending which I thought was good. Empire's ending is more impacting when it first came out me thinks...when people for the first time are shocked with what has happened...like also what many of you said "is darth vader really lukes father" but now we already know he is so it doesn't have the same feel but we can still feel for luke which is a good thing.
    Clones had a chilling ending with Palpatine watching his clones march into his pre star destroyers and then I thought the best part of the wedding was the end of the song when it goes back to the start again right when c3po puts his hand on r2d2. And I liked right before they show the clones the last convo of the film with Obi-Wan, Mace and Yoda my favorite heros of the movie.
    I didn't like The Phantom Menace ending because of all the stupid gunguns but I like the idea of the peace they made with each other. And A New Hope I have alot of respect for since its the first film and its a victory that wont last long for the rebels.

So in the end I vote for Attack of the clones....

11. darkOmegazer0

Aug 18, 2002
    but of course Empire is my favorite movie of them all.

12. AUNTIE_JEDI

AUNTIE_JEDI Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    The finale of ROTJ - it's comforting and happy!

13. Aikidoka

Aikidoka Jedi Youngling

Aug 16, 2002
    Tough one,

I was originally going to choose ESB, as although they are down, Luke & co look to the future...

However, the scene which brought a chill down my spine was AOTC... completely unexpected, and each time I have seen it it had the same effect. The sly smile on Palpy's face as the imperial march plays, fantastic!

14. Admiral_Thrawn60

Admiral_Thrawn60 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jul 8, 2000
    I'm going to have to go with AOTC's wonderful army ending.

15. Emi-Yan_Tetu

Emi-Yan_Tetu Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 5, 2001
    1) ROTJ
    2) ANH
    3) AOTC
    4) TPM
    5) TESB

And I love TESB's ending... show's how much I love the other ones!

Return Of The Jedi: Special Edition is the best by far. I always well up.

16. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    Return of the Jedi has the best finale.

17. Darth_Synical

Darth_Synical Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 20, 2002
    AOTC had the best ending for a SW movie, next comes ROTJ. I also got chills down my spine when it cuts to Palpatine and the Imperial Theme as he watches the clones board the "Star Destroyers". I can watch that ending over and over again. Because it leaves so much to look forward to. Its basically a beggining to an end. It shows the marrige of Anakin and Padme and the imobilization of the Clones. Truely great.

18. rpeugh

rpeugh Force Ghost star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    The ending of AOTC is the best, and it will be even better on the digital version, b/c in that version Anakin actually holds Padme's hand with his bionic hand. That will send shivers down a lot of people's backs.

19. DarthBane93

DarthBane93 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 11, 1999
    ANH ending is the best. Its got the grand music, the heroes get medals, and you feel good and exhilerated!

I do love ROTJ ending as well. And while I do like the SE ROTJ finale music better than the Ewok yub-yub song...one thing I didnt like was that they cut out Luke nodding to the 3 spirits as he leaves with Leia. I liked that. Since GL cut it out...stupid if you ask me (takes away from the characters!!! Just like HAN SHOOTING 2nd!!), I now like the ANH ending the best.

20. SLAVE2

SLAVE2 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 6, 2000
    How on Earth does Luke not nodding take away from his character..

21. DarthBane93

DarthBane93 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 11, 1999
    Him nodding adds to the character IMO. I liked it. To me it showed that Luke was older, has accepted his father's death, and now can move on. Its a small detail, but all the little things add up in the end.

22. Wesmin7

Wesmin7 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2001
    Close call between RotJ and AotC... (gotta love the army scene with Palpy and Bail) RotJ (SE) gets my vote though.

23. ratmankey

ratmankey Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    Chewie's lack of a medal has a few theories... My best guess is it has to do with Wookiee culture. It's just honor. Maybe Chewie objected to having someone else put the medal on? Or maybe he just objected to that kind of ceremony? Or maybe Wookiees prefer to have that sort of reward bestowed on them in the company of their own kind? Who knows?

I seem to remember Lucas saying Chewie got the medal in a private ceremony later...it was there that Luke and Leia met Chewie's family, which is why they're so familiar with one another in *shudder* the Holiday Special.

24. ratmankey

ratmankey Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    I'm going with ANH. I came close to voting for TPM, because using the Emperor's theme that way is such a brilliant idea. But ANH always floors me...I mean, the shot of all the rebel officers in that giant room is staggering, but more importantly, the music is great. Luke's theme turned into a rousing march, with that great fanfare at the beginning...I love it.

25. darkOmegazer0

Aug 18, 2002
    what do you mean using the Emperor's theme that way? I'm thinking about the phantom menace ending song and it does sound like a faster happy version of the emperor theme. Is that what you mean?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.