main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG Which is your favourite Star Wars movie so far, and why?

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by JediJean, May 18, 2002.

?

Which is your favourite Star Wars movie so far, and why?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. Episode 1: The Phantom Menace

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Episode 2: Attack Of The Clones

27.8%
  3. Episode 4: A New Hope

5.6%
  4. Episode 5: The Empire Strikes Back

50.0%
  5. Episode 6: Return Of The Jedi

16.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediJean

JediJean Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
  2. Darth_Destructo

Darth_Destructo Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 2, 2001
    AotC!
    Kick ass did Yoda, hmm?

3. hazellukeyang

hazellukeyang Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 26, 2001
    No way, ESB is far better. AOTC is nice but no one can beat ESB right now--I mean before the EPIII come out.

4. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    After some thought (I didn't vote when I first saw the poll) I'd have to pick ESB. It represents so much of SW which I really love. Yoda telling Luke about the living force around us, Han's kiss with Leia, and the "I am your father" bit all makes this movie so attached to me. ESB was also the first SW movie I watched many many years ago when I was probably 6 or 7. :)

5. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    ESB for me too cause the ending is not the same as the rest (The Villians Has Won! [face_devil] ).

I also love the elements in it as mentioned by Jazzyjazz, especially the shocking revealation by your truly Darth Vader. ;)

6. NodNarbOen

NodNarbOen Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 20, 2002
    I felt that A new Hope is the best one.. to me, it has the best plot.. sortof... and without it's outstanding box office in 1977, there would never be a starwars saga.. ;)

7. singer_high

singer_high Jedi Youngling

May 1, 2002
    TESB, hands down. Who can forget "I am your father"? :D

8. bobafett81

bobafett81 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 12, 2001
    Definitely Empire lor... buay tahan the Han and Leia flirting... and juz love Lando, plus the "Luke, I am your Father" "Nooooooooooo" HEhe!

I hope in Episode III, we'll have Palpatine "Anakin, I am your father!" "Yessssssssss" ! LOL!

9. Darth_D00ku

Darth_D00ku Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2002
    Actually its hard choice...between AoTC and ESB...

For ESB ..The chars r funny and cool..like yoda, he's so funny esp the way he fought with R2 for the lamp..then there's so many quotable quotes..esp by my fave char, Vader..like "impressive... most impressive"

But hor...AoTC seems to be more fastpace and there's so many things to see and 2 or 3 screenings not enought...so to me its really hard choice

10. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Watch a few more times so that we'd know the movie (AOTC) better ;).

So nobody voting for TPM and ROTJ? Seems nobody likes the beginning and ending :D

11. RisingAdela

RisingAdela Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 25, 2001
    I picked ROTJ

Why?

I got to see Ani as a old man.

12. lukedecop

lukedecop Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 25, 2002
    Hey Jedi Jean, should have one more choice.....ALL :)

13. JediJean

Apr 1, 2002
    Drats! Should I put up another poll and close this one?!??

After all, I just realised that there really should be more choices.

I myself can't decide between ESB and AOTC - haha! ;)

But in the meantime, this poll is here to stay! :D

14. Delight

Delight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 25, 2001
    ESB.

Actually, if you take out the entire Endor forest battle sequence from RoTJ, RoTJ would be as good as AOTC. However, unfortunately...

So, it's ESB (because it just has the right mix of everything, except the giant space slug and its unco-operative meal), followed by AOTC (sorry, Anakin just came across as totally "stalker-ish", which is funny. Obi-Wan's cool), followed closely by ANH{how utterly trivial yet captivating is the show!), followed far away by RoTJ(saved by Yoda and the Emperor, of all people). Rounding up the list is TPM.

*looks at what she's typed* *Shakes head* Weird.

15. JediJean

Apr 1, 2002
    OK, this thread goes up to the top, so please vote if you haven't done so already :)

16. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    All.

:p

Some parts of each movie I like, others I don't. No favourite.

Not yet, anyway. :p

17. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Mine is still ESB, but I realise alot of people put TPM as last. I didn't find TPM that bad, and I don't really consider any of them as "worst"

:)

18. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    TPM isn't too bad. I'd already watched the OT Special Edition on LD (Laser Disc! That was so long ago... :p), but TPM was what really got me hooked on Star Wars three years ago. :D

19. Sidious_101

Sidious_101 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2002
    Abruptly Luke realized there is nowhere to go

"There is no escape," the Dark Lord of the Sith warned. "Don't make me destroy u. U R strong in the Force. Join me and together we will rule the galaxy." :D

Luke refuse to give in to Vaders taunt. "I'll never join u!" :p

"If u only knew the power of the dark-side," Vader continued. "Obi-Wan never told u what happened to your father..."

"He told me enough! He told me u killed him," Luke yelled in midst of the surging wind.

"No," Vader replied calmly. "I am your father." :eek:

"No, no! That's not true...that's impossible...Noooooooooooooooo!" :_|

*Think that says all wat me fav episode.. :D

20. Faiz

Faiz Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    well this is a very interesting topic

lemme get a lowdown on wat i like and hate about each movie

TPM: this is best in terms of visuals, its colourful and has that fantasy feel like ANH. shows the first hand abilities of a jedi unlike in the original trilogy. love the duel, its AMAZING, but a bit too fancy...

AOTC: i dunno guys...this movie kinda disappointed me...it didnt live up to the trailers...and i was expecting a lot more...
    and the Jedis, they die so easily? this cant be the power of the jedi, i mean how can they be that weak? in the end seems onli the council ppl survived the initial massacare. i bet they wouldnt last a heartbeat if against the Yuuzhang Vong... i think this will be one of the last in my list...

ANH: now THIS is an instant hit/classic. this by far is one of the BEST movies around. look at the actors, look at the acting. ITS SO DAMN 1337. its lucas at his best. obi wan tells luke of the mysterious Force and the jedi. the lightsaber's introduced. although many watched this(and the other movies) onli few are able to truly contemplate and enjoy them...

ESB: i didnt really like this movie...the onli nice thing bout this one was the battle of hoth. loved ths snowspeeders. too bad the rebels still lost... kinda sad when luke losses to vader and his hand too. its like...a nightmare where everything goes wrong, lol

ROTJ: its funny how not many liked this movie just becoz of the ewoks. i mean wats wrong with them? arent they cute? and if u think they ruined the show, u must remember that the Stormies are just footsoldiers and might be really dumb at times, so its really expected. =P I LOVE THE BATTLE OF ENDOR(the space battle) its amazing. we get to see one of the less-develop character play a cruicial role in the Galactic Civil War. and i think luke vs vader saber cheography was nice and more realistic, as compared to the more fancy TPM.

all in all, i think the best for me would be ANH followed by ROTJ, then TPM, then AOTC and ESB shares the last spot.

21. JaZzYjaZZ

Mar 12, 2002
    Faiz - I agree with you whole heartedly about the ROTJ thing..it was pretty enjoyable for me and it had the best ending for a SW movie.

As for Jedi getting killed easily in AOTC, it's because they were outnumbered pretty bad. Powerful as a Jedi is, quantity is a still a quality of its own and that's how the droids were able to push back the Jedi. (Not to mention many of them were apprentices) ;)

:)

22. HumsupFett

HumsupFett Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 7, 2000
    I voted for ESB as my favourite SW movie till date. Why you may ask? There's just too many memorable scenes :

1. Hoth Battle + General Veers "Maximum power to the cannon" and moments later, the Rebel's shield is no more... way to go Veers!!

2. Luke's first meeting with Yoda.. Yoda snatching Luke's food and R2 trying to "steal" it back... hilarious

3. TIE Bomber first appearence.

4. Door opens and see Vader and Boba Fett - see the stunned face in Han et al. Raised palm from Vader to deflect Han's blaster shot... COOL to a 100 pts!!!

5. Leia "I love you", Han "I know". And Han is Carbonite man seconds later.

6. Vader "Luke, I'm your father". Luke "NOoooooo!!!" The look of Luke's agonising, disbelieving face expressions, Mark Hammil at his best.

7. My favourite beast of all SW - TaunTaun.

8. And the list goes on....

If I must vote in steps of my favourite to least favourite, it will go like this :

1. Empire Strikes Back
    2. Return of the Jedi
    3. A New Hope
    4. The Phantom Menace
    5. Attack of the Clones

23. Faiz

Faiz Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    i dunno...outnumbered yes..but still...

well anyway i loved that blaster drawing session when han meets vader in cloud city, THAT WAS SIMPLY AMAZING

i dunno how fast han can draw his blaster but hell i think that was one of his fastest!

seems u guys are more pro-empire... *sob sob*

*ignites lightsaber*
    DIE STORMIES

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.