main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Which journey is better/more interesting, Anakin's, Luke's or Rey's one?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Kuestmaster, Dec 22, 2015.

?

Best journey?

1. Anakin

42 vote(s)
    30.7%
  2. Luke

51 vote(s)
    37.2%
  3. Rey

44 vote(s)
    32.1%
  1. Fruit Pastilles

Fruit Pastilles Jedi Master star 3

Dec 21, 2014
    Your logic: Bad man = Other bad man.

For all we know, Rey could have had Jedi training in the past, so it'd be more like TESB Luke vs. Episode II Anakin. Comparing Vader and Kylo because they both wear black and have red lightsabers is stupid, Kylo is much greener.

2. Shaak Ti

Shaak Ti Jedi Master star 3

Dec 22, 2015
    They are all fun, but I love the scenes with Jake Lloyd and Pernilla, and the jedi council session, so I am gonna say Lil' Annie for now.
    some dialog from the jedi council session.
    YODA : See through you, we can.
    MACE WINDU : Be mindful of your feelings...
    KI-ADI : Your thoughts dwell on your mother.
    ANAKIN : I miss her.
    YODA : Afraid to lose her..I think.
    ANAKIN : (a little angry) What's that got to do with anything?
    YODA : Eveything. Fear is the path to the dark side... fear leads to
    anger... anger leads to hate.. hate leads to suffering.
    ANAKIN : (angrily) I am not afraid!
    YODA : A Jedi must have the deepest commitment, the most serious mind. I
    sense much fear in you.
    ANAKIN : (quietly) I am not afraid.
    YODA : Then continue, we will.

Great stuff, I love everything about it.

3. Anleifr

Anleifr Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 17, 2015
    defiantly Rey since she has no idea about anything. Anakin trained as a Jedi, Luke sought adventure and was guided by Obi-wan, Rey was just thrown into it all not having a clue plus she is so naive and vulnerable. She has no idea what is going on, what these visions are, who these voices are or wha tis even happening to her. She is raw unknown talent with a whole story ahead of her.

4. thesloth1327

thesloth1327 Jedi Padawan

Dec 13, 2015
    She survived from a little girl to an adult and stayed more or less free on her own. She already knows how to fight and may have being drawing on the force for longer then the movie shows.

It also appears they are saying that the force is a 2 way street. The way she gets into Kylo's mind when he tries to get into hers.

She is a warrior and a survivor when we meet her. The same can not be said for Luke.

We also don't know her back storey. So her being able to fly is not that big of a question mark.

Also how is Rey's ability somehow unrealistic but 7 year old Anikans amazing racing skills is realistic?

5. thesloth1327

Dec 13, 2015
    We saw Rey fight off 2 goons on her own. So her fighting ability is somewhat proven.

Also why is it many seem to have forgotten that Kylo was gut shot. It is not that unrealistic that he would be weak after loosing a far bit of blood. Sadly the MPAA would not have allowed large amounts of blood showing on the snow so they showed a few drops to indicate he was hurt.

6. thesloth1327

Dec 13, 2015
    How much of not seen him practice with the light saber was just budget? It's not like today where anyone with $600 PC can create VFX.

7. Mulgir

Mulgir Jedi Youngling

Dec 17, 2015
    More interesting, Anakin's. Better, Luke's. [​IMG]

8. ramathorn1982

ramathorn1982 Jedi Padawan

Dec 22, 2015
    Anakin from the books...

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

9. MilesEdgeworth

MilesEdgeworth Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 22, 2015
    Anakin's was one big soap opera so I'll eliminate him right away. So far Luke has the better journey, but Rey's journey has the potential to be much better.

10. Kuestmaster

Kuestmaster Jedi Master star 2

Nov 17, 2012
    This is much more closer than I thought. I was expecting a close one between Luke and Rey. Anakin journey through his first episode was kind of weak, but I suppose a lot of people is voting him considering his arc across six films. Not what I was asking, but interesting.

11. callmejoe

callmejoe Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 11, 2015
    So far Luke's. Anakin's was horribly handle IMO and even if it was handle better, I don't think it would have been as good. Vader's fall isn't as interesting as his redemption. As for Rey I have to agree she is just too good at the moment.

12. Dameron

Dameron Jedi Master star 4

Apr 8, 2014
    I think Rey's journey is already over!

She can already use telekinesis, do the mind trick, see Force visions, resist Kylo's mind probe, saber duel, fix machinery, and fly ships.

Whatever journey she's supposed to have, she had it. She's already there!