main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Which KOTOR game has the best storyline?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by MikeDude66, Jul 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeDude66

MikeDude66 Jedi Youngling

Jul 10, 2008
    I believe that the first KOTOR has a better storyline because your trying to find all the star forges that Malak and Reven were searching for and learning other things about your follower along the way and learning about there past and about yourself but anyways i digress

:)

2. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    The first one. KOTOR 2 started out strong but the ending completely fizzled.

3. DarthSolar

DarthSolar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2008
    If KotoR 2 wasn't cut of some much content, then KotoR 2. But i agree with Lando.

4. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    The revelation on the Leviathan I would say is only second to Vader's in ESB, so I would say the first KOTOR.

5. HK-99

HK-99 Jedi Youngling

Jul 10, 2008
    In their stock, unmodded forms, KotOR I has the most engaging and in-depth storyline. Despite the character influence system in KotOR II, I still believe that the party member backstories and related quests were far better in KotOR I (it even had a proper romance subplot, but alas, you couldn't train them as Jedi). Not to mention the storyline itself; it is far more coherent in KotOR I than II, and has a far greater element of mystery to it.

However, had such a large quantity of content not been cut from KotOR II, it would have had storyline that is as engaging as KotOR I, if not better.

Regardless of their storylines, both games are good; if you think otherwise, then there's no talking to you :p

6. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    KOTOR I had a far better storyline. The themes, the plot, the revelation; it was just awesome.

KOTOR II... [face_plain]

7. Darth_Windu06

Darth_Windu06 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 24, 2006
    KotOR has the better storyline

8. DarthApocalypse

DarthApocalypse Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2007
    KOTOR is easily the better storyline. KOTOR II could have been so much more if they weren't rushing to get the game out in time for Christmas. It really could have been masterful. Then the ending just tanked.

9. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    KOTOR has the better storyline by far. First time players can get ready for twists and turns pretty much at every planet. Nothing in KOTOR II shocked me or excited me like everything in KOTOR did.

10. JediLight

JediLight Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    KOTOR was a fresh and new experience. KOTOR2 was a big let down to me.

11. bigdevil-_16

bigdevil-_16 Jedi Youngling

Jul 11, 2008
    KOTOR had a far far better story line then KOTOR2 because of all the cut content and all i can hope for is those guys at the sith lords resteration project finish the game

12. _Sublime_Skywalker_

May 8, 2004
    KOTOR just had more excitment too, and a better plot. You wake up and you have to save this Jedi princess, you train to be a Jedi and go in search of the Star Maps to find the Star Forge. If your a male, you fall in love with said Jedi Princess only to have her taken away from the villian and she "turns" to the darkside. You redeem her, or join her and merk the boss to either rule the galaxy or rejoice as a hero.

KOTOR just had talks about the past, becomming a Jedi while turning people against eachother and theres no real love interests. In the end, the creepy ***** old lady ends up being a sith- woop, big suprise there with all her evil talk and you fight her without seeing what happens in the end. Just a bunch of ramblings and boom! credits.

13. GrandAdmiral_Frank

GrandAdmiral_Frank Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 26, 2003
    KOTOR...however I loved the feel of the environment in KOTOR II. They're both damn good but I have to chose KOTOR.

14. darth_grievous1

darth_grievous1 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2004
    KotOR I definitely. Great story, great characters. KotOR II had the potential to be just as good if not better, but all the cuts really screwed things up. Maybe I fell asleep during one of the cutscenes, but when I arrived on Malachor V, I thought "Wait, why am I here?"

15. jediknight9999

jediknight9999 Jedi Youngling

Jun 5, 2002
    KOTOR had the best storyline.

16. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Though I have replayed KOTOR2 more often KOTOR has the better story. Original characters, the revelation, the ultimate weapon, and great villains all mesh together for what could have made a great Star Wars film.

17. jangoisadrunk

jangoisadrunk Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Kotor I definitely benefited from a story that was nearly identical to the Classic Trilogy storyline. Kotor II was deeper and more adult, but the ending tanked. Kotor II has deeper gameplay, I think.

I would definitely agree Kotor I has the better storyline, but Kotor II had the potential for a better storyline.

18. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    KOTOR 1, imo.
    TSL has a rather lousy ending.

That was an excellent scene, and one of the things which make KOTOR one of the best RPGs out there.

19. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    I cannot wait until Kaydon does that scene in his movie, if he ever gets there at all ;)

The only thing I found lacking in KOTOR was the music, there didn't seem to be enough music in critical scenes. And the music is something we ALL love about SW

20. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    Chris Avellone is made of win. As is Kotor 2.

21. Irandrura

Irandrura Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 19, 2007
    I'm going to buck the trend. They're both great and to an extent rely upon each other, but I liked KotORII more. It made me think. KotORI started to get that direction but, to my disappointment, it never quite bothered to really deal with the issues of identity and moral responsibility inherent in the whole amnesia thing, and it was played more for 'wow, I was Revan? Awesome!' instead of the horror it could have been. I mean, yes, the character is horrified, but who here didn't think being Revan was intensely cool?

Plus KotORII is the only game where I can tell the Jedi Council to piss off and stop bothering me with their stupid ideas about how I should run my life, and be right.

22. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    While KOTORII had more potential to be the better story, it was almost completely ruined by the ending (And I use that term loosely...)

So I'll have to go with KOTORI.

23. _Sublime_Skywalker_

May 8, 2004
    I actually really enjoyed the music in KOTOR. The music on Dantooine, along with the music in the trailer blew my mind away - it was almost as good as the music from ANH. But, they're should've been the music in the cutscenes, because without it it loses it's SW feel. Still, I loved the music from the game.

24. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005

I agree that the music could have been rearranged a bit better, so that it fits the right scenes, but soundtracks of both games are great, imo. I especially liked the Jedi Enclave theme in KOTOR II. It's an epic melody and that piece really did fit the moment.
    So in that musical aspect, I think I prefer TSL.

It would be nice (not really probable, but nice) if John Williams does the music for KOTOR 3. :D
    I mean, we've been waiting for the game so long - it deserves his scores! :p

25. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    The music in KOTOR was great, but in critical cut scenes it was missing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.