main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Which Lightsaber Technique, Or Form, Do You Use?

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by TheRandomMenace, Dec 1, 2002.

?

Which Lightsaber Technique, Or Form, Do You Use?

Poll closed Dec 15, 2002.
  1. Form I

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Form II

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  3. Form III

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  4. Form IV

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  5. Form V

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Form VI

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  7. Form VII

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  8. Either I'm neither a Jedi or Sith, so I don't use any lightsaber form... or I don't care.

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Now that my eyes hurt, let me focus on what I just read. We've had this discussion before...you ask for MY apology, yet will not admit to doing anything wrong.

*you accuse me of manipulating my video to make myself look good.

*when I express the opinions I heard at the last couple meetings about your lack of presence during lightsaber fights...you call it an "uncalled for" attack

*you state your opinion of yourself, yet forbid anyone from saying anything contrary...under the excuse of no smart remarks about that part of it

I'm glad you enjoy yourself with this Fanforce; however this cannot be the bigger priorities in my life right now...that's not healthy man. We all have lives away from SW (including you).

2. Idgie

Idgie Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    Random-Is there a problem here?If so,please feel free to PM me and we can discuss whatever issues may be on your mind.

You seem rather upset,but I'm sure that with your wisdom,we can work out an arrangement which will be mutually beneficial and enable us to avoid any 'unpleasant' confrontations. :p

3. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    In order to address everything, yes I am copying your entire post Geoff.

Now that my eyes hurt, let me focus on what I just read. We've had this discussion before...you ask for MY apology, yet will not admit to doing anything wrong.

"I'm sorry if you people saber fight at face value just for the fun of it, and I may have upset you... I am just a competitive person with regards to saberfighting." Take out the middle of this, and you have "I'm sorry, I may have upset you" aka apology (it was intended to be that)

*you accuse me of manipulating my video to make myself look good.

This was a use of humor in a hyperbolic sense... I didn't mean it, I was joking

*when I express the opinions I heard at the last couple meetings about your lack of presence during lightsaber fights...you call it an "uncalled for" attack

It was not what you said, but how you said it... Don and Zod agree that it was wrong (I was once guilty of the same thing if you want to play that card with this response... but I was man enough to apologize for it)

*you state your opinion of yourself, yet forbid anyone from saying anything contrary...under the excuse of no smart remarks about that part of it

"So please, no snide remarks... I am being honest with everyone and trying to make peace." If you are referring to this quote... it's self explanatory, I'm merely saying not to get smart with me when I'm being sincere and trying to end this whole conflict and not get backlash, yet even under that pretense I still get flamed.

And as for you Idgie... all I asked from my Fanforce and yours is to stop with the talking about duels after the fact... because it seems to only be leading to conflict.

Can I get some assistance here??? (Don, Steve, tell Geoff he's overreacting!) I am trying to make peace, and I continue to get flamed by our City Rep of all people... anyone who read my last post can obviously see that I am doing all that I can to make things unified within the Fanforce... I can't even believe this whole thing started by me making a post about people not being able to get through my Form VII, WHICH WAS A JOKE... which I have been persecuted for. I've tried being an adult. I've put my pride aside. I've admitted that I can be too serious about dueling. I have apologized, and apparently all of this is not good enough. I am beginning to wonder if this Fanforce is even worth the trouble anymore because it's becoming so political and trivial matters have led to outright flaming. All I want is an apology Geoff, and I will be content.

4. DarthZome

DarthZome Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    Form 4. And that's all I have to say about it.

5. Jedi_BMack

Jedi_BMack Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    As for the conflict in itself: Aw jeez, I don't even know where to start. So I won't. This isn't a FF issue; this is a personal issue. So until the local FF members involved can face to face, I suggest not communicating about this personal issue on the boards, or on MSN or by PM.

There's a lot of wrong going on here and my skinny tookus is gettin to old for this. I have to say that my wisecracks probably don't help the situation (hey even Yoda smiles every now and then) and I'm sorry for that.

Random, don't ask for back up on this, Krash isn't. The two of you and maybe some other people just need to face-to-face and sort it out.

This flame will go out if no one fuels it. However the embers can flare anytime until properly extinguished.

-b-

6. JediKnightPasJoDacle

JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2002
    Moving on. What form does Yoda use?
    It's kind of like a more refined version of the aptly named "headless chicken" style.

7. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Yoda is Form IV.

*reenacts the final confrontation on the Death Star II; deactivates lightsaber, throws it*

"I'm putting out the fire... permanently."

"Wars make not one great...*

*dematerializes and disappears to become one with the Force*

8. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    First Random I want to bring this up FROM THE LAST TIME....WHAT YOU MEAN, SAY, BELIEVE, OR WANT DOES NOT COME TO ALL OF US IN THE SAME MEANING. I know that is strong but I want everyone to see it. That includes apologies when they are inside your posts...this is not like Where is Waldo. You must say it clearly. And when people make jokes try Bmack's new way of expressing sarcasm or humor. Say it then, so that it is a joke not the reason for someone being offensive three days after.

9. Jedi_BMack

Jedi_BMack Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    Em,

You mean the <sarcasm>... </sarcasm> thing?

-b-

10. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Yes, sometimes when we post in a sacrastic tone...the joke doesn't translate onto the boards; resulting in conflict.

just food for thought!

11. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    Yub-nub.

12. skyedancer

skyedancer Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 26, 2002
    I'm a fairly new poster here so maybe I shouldn't add my two cents but then I was never one to keep my mouth shut. Anyway, I'm not taking sides here but these conflicts might be discouraging potential members who are just lurking. And aren't we supposed to be having fun here? :confused: I apologize if that sounds too preachy and I hope I haven't killed this thread. Getting back to the original topic: I read somewhere that Dooku was able to take down Obi-Wan so quickly because Dooku was using a lightsaber technique that Obi-Wan was not familiar with. Anyone know anything about this? It's one of the current topics of discussion on the Official Obi-Wan thread.

13. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    I could be wrong because I don't have my Insider with me... but I believe that Dooku was a practicioner of Form II. This Form was used for personal one-on-one combat... but the Jedi stopped using it after the Sith went "extinct," because no one really knew the Jedi arts besides the Jedi and Sith, so when the Sith died out, none of the opponents of the Jedi used sabers. Obi-Wan knew that Dooku was a respected swordsman, hence him wanting Anakin's help... but I don't know if he was prepared to face someone with Form II skills, because Dooku most likely learned that from Palpatine... seing as the Jedi didn't teach it anymore. So that could be a very good explanation why he got taken out so early... [sarcasm] either that, or it was already a long movie, and GL had to move on to bigger and better things, like explaning why Vader had wires where his hand was in ROTJ by Anakin getting his hand cut off, and of course, Yoda fighting with a lightsaber [/joke]

14. JediKnightPasJoDacle

JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2002
    mmmm....food for thought

{{drool}}

15. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    No need to apologize for your thoughts skyedancer; those kinds of conflicts probably do scare away new members. That's why I don't like when they happen...and I'll say no more for risk of fueling the problem.

Back to the Dooku thing, I don't think Palpatine had to "teach" Form II to Dooku; because everything we hear about his life as a jedi says he was a well-respected swordsman. If Palpatine (Darth Sideous for those who still doubt it) "taught" Dooku anything it was to release any jedi-restraint and simply "trust your feeling...then you'll be invincible." Dooku may have been one of the few Form II masters left, and when he went Sith...he now fights with the sole intention of winning for personal glory (no matter the cost)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.