main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Which lightsabers shoud I buy?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Claudio Castro, Nov 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Claudio Castro

Claudio Castro Jedi Youngling

Nov 8, 2012
    Hi there!

I'm planning on buying two force fx lightsabers (not removable blades). One Jedi and one Sith. From the Jedi side, I'm planing on buying the anakin’s lightsaber (I know he turns into Sith, it's just ... I want a blue one), but from the Siths I am in doubt if I buy the lightsaber from Darth Maul or Darth Vader's one. I'm pending for the Darth Vader's because I like the hilt best. The thing is I'm concern more about quality over anything else.

So, those of you who own those lightsabers or happen to seen them personally, please give me some advice about the issue in question.

Thank you very much.

2. SithLord_1270

SithLord_1270 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 5, 2008
    Get Vader. I have 2 of those. :) they r nice. As for the Jedi side, I have Luke's from RotJ.

I would love to have a hooked handle saber

3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    My sons have some that make the snap-hiss noise and change colors.

They run through batteries very quickly though.

4. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Get General Grievous's :D My cousin has one and you can spin 4 of them like Grievous.

5. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    Sidious'

oh wait :(

in all serious, it depends on why you want one,

if you want one for collectors purposes, then Vaders is probably the way to impress people,

if you want to practice being a Jedi and can swing around in a relatively small place also Vader

if however you want to practice your acrobatic swinging moves and has 12 acres of garden space get darth Maul,

6. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    I have two force fx lightsabers- Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker (blue).

The blades look their best in poorly lit/dark rooms, particularly the red ones. Can't really knock the quality of either of mine, but Luke's blade creaks a little very occasionally when you swing it owing to the design of the lightsaber hilt (because the design is true to the movies and so a bit weaker at the blade end) doesn't support the weight of the blade quite as well.

7. Anakin_Padme4ever

Anakin_Padme4ever Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 29, 2002
    I have Vader's and I enjoy that one immensely. However, if it wasn't for the fact I would have to essentially pay for two separately, I would have gone with Maul's.

8. Claudio Castro

Claudio Castro Jedi Youngling

Nov 8, 2012
    Thank you all for your comments and helping me out on which ones to buy. :)

I end up buying Vader's and Anakin's. Now I'm wating them to arrive. ^_^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.