main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Which moment from the films typifies to you what Star Wars is/should be all about?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Jcuk, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Carbon1985

Carbon1985 Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 23, 2013
    The cave in ESB. Its what seperates SW movies from your typical blockbuster movie. The cave scene is not explained to the viewer so you can interpret it however you want. I love the scene because its essentially a self reflection of each person as they venture into a domain of evil and the only fear is what you take into it.

DarthRelaxus likes this.
  2. DarthRelaxus

DarthRelaxus Chosen One star 5

Apr 23, 2007
    The opening space battle in ANH. When I saw it for the first time, I was hooked forever.

Carbon1985 and Force Smuggler like this.
  3. Firmus Jagdon

Firmus Jagdon Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 7, 2013
    ANH - Luke looking off into the distance dreaming of more, yet not quite ready for what he gets...

ESB- the asteroid chase, Solo is as cocky, resourceful as ever despite people telling him the odds.

ROTJ- When Luke salutes, R2 rolls into action...

TPM- Maul enters and the Obi Wan and Qui Gon shrug their cloaks off like its another day at the office....

AOTC- Anakin on the Speeder searching for his Mother. Obi Wan and Jango fight is sex...

ROTS- Yoda vs Palpatine... I felt my stomach turn over when the little guy kept getting hammered. Plus, Palaptine's "Empire Speech," reminds me of who is in the WH right now...
    "Created a galactic Empire....for Peace....."'

Applause...

Padme's line is perfection.... "So THIS is how liberty dies? To thunderous applause." I muttered this many durings after the 2012 election. :)

4. Firmus Jagdon

Nov 7, 2013
    It's explained with one simple line, "Only what you take with you."

This is what so many nerds forget- especially the crybaby prequel haters... the movies will only work IF you allow them to... only what you bring with you.

5. Firmus Jagdon

Nov 7, 2013

What's ****ing amazing to this day is Yoda during that scene- he commands the scene, he's compelling, wise and you totally forget he's muppet... He is just this cool character that feels, looks and breathes life... Frank Oz is genius!

Sarge and Iron_lord like this.
  6. Carbon1985

Carbon1985 Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 23, 2013
    Don't understand why you needed to bring up 'Prequel Haters' ??? :confused: For all the whining here about the PT vs OT arguments, you have to throw that line in there which I'm sure will incite the extremes of each side. [face_shame_on_you]

7. Firmus Jagdon

Nov 7, 2013
    L
    Like you just did :)

8. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
    Back on topic, please

9. Visivious Drakarn

Visivious Drakarn Jedi Master star 3

Apr 20, 2013
    I do not have one particular moment from the films that I consider typifies what is SW about, I have six particular ones from six movies.
    The theme - decisions.
    TPM - Anakin decides to leave his mother and become a Jedi.
    AOTC - Anakin and Padme decide to start their relationship.
    ROTS - Anakin's decision to save Palpatine.
    ANH - Luke's decision to trust ih his feelings.
    TESB - Luke's decision to go and save his friends.
    ROTJ - Luke's decision not to kill his father and to believe that he'll save him.

And as another movie hero that I love once said; Those were the stories that stayed with you.That meant something, even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back only they didn’t. They kept going because they were holding on to something.

Han Burgundy, Sarge, Samnz and 3 others like this.
  10. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    The trench run in ANH.

11. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Use the Force Luke!
    The Force is strong with this one!

Carbon1985 and Count Yubnub like this.
  12. therealharvywallbanger

therealharvywallbanger Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 2013
    One scene to describe Star Wars... hmmm... I like this question give me a moment. I know you said which moments but it's more challenging for me to pull out a one liner.

I found it. "The darkside of the force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural"

Why I picked it you ask? If you never heard of Star Wars that line pops questions into your head that would lead you through the entire saga.

Thank you for asking me it made me dig deep.

13. MrCody

MrCody Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 4, 2013
    Anakin marching with the clones

Legolas Skywalker likes this.