main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Which movie scene freaked you out as a child?

Discussion in 'Archive: The Amphitheatre' started by Le_Sammler, Jul 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alethia

Alethia Jedi Master star 5

Feb 13, 2005
    To this day I can't believe Fantasia was rated a U when it has that Night On Bald Mountain sequence at the end. Gaaaah.

The orchestra my mother played in had just played that piece and I had sat underneat her chair for many of the rehearsals. Therefore, I wasn't scared of it. I loved it, actually. Though it really is quite freaky...

At the age of two, my inept father took me to see Pet Cemetary. I had nightmares for weeks, though I don't remember it (luckily).

I remember also having nightmares for about a week when I watched Scooby Doo and the Boo brothers. I was about five, I think...

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade- all those scenes where they go into crypts and stuff- scared the heck out of me. I was terrified of bones for months- and this was right before Halloween. Very good timing...

Tales from the Hood- I didn't even see it. But my step-father did and then told me all about it. Terrified me. Twilight Zone episodes also scared me sometimes, as well as Are You Afraid of the Dark, although the Twilight Zone movie didn't scare me at all, really.

Dante's Peak (and Volcano) didn't really scare me, though they were disturbing. I had just had a traumatizing accident myself months prior to seeing those and disaster movies weren't big on my list then.

I don't like Horror movies, so I've refrained from seeing IT, the Exorcist, and other movies that I KNOW will scare the heck out of me. Though reading the first page of 'It' the novel and having my mother tell me about it was enough to give me nightmares at 17. No, I'm not kidding, I spent a sleepless night a year and a half ago, because my mother read 'It' and told me about it.

2. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    The only movie that really ever sacred me was Pet Semetary of course I watched it when I was 10 or 11 I probably could try again

3. Master_Ti

Master_Ti Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2005
    "IT" scared me sooooo much.

I hated clowns and manholes for teh longest time lol

*~Ti~*

4. JEDY

JEDY Jedi Knight star 5

May 26, 2005
    Freddy Krueger and his scenes freaked the crap out of me.

5. darthmohican

darthmohican Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    in ROTJ the rancor scene used to freak me out

6. Tyson

Tyson Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 8, 2005
    A 5 minute segment of The Exorcist(When she is in her room stabbing herself with the cross cursing to jesus) I watched when I was 10 affected me a lot. I couldn't eat, sleep, or be myself. It took me about a month or more to get over it. Yeah Im still a big baby, and can't watch most scary movies. They are just not for me. My imagination wanders too much, and I think those things are going to happen to me.

7. Vindaxxus

Vindaxxus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 29, 2000
    The chest-burster scene in Alien.

The entire Ghostbuster movie.

The Hellraiser movie series.

And as a grown man I refuse to watch any of the final destination movies.

8. dizfactor

dizfactor Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 12, 2002
    I saw the original version of The Blob when i was 3 or 4 years old. It ****ed me up. It could ooze under doors. Under. Doors. I had no idea what anyone could do to stop a monster that could ooze under doors. Mindless, unstoppable. Terrifying.

9. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    How would you stop a monster like that, diz? Sawdust? ;)

E_S

10. pink_saber_girl

pink_saber_girl Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 9, 2005
    Me too! I still hate that movie. Plus I was around five when I watched it with my sister (she tricked me into it. Said the clown was, 'nice.') so that didn't help matters any.

11. pink_saber_girl

pink_saber_girl Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 9, 2005

12. PaplooTheory

PaplooTheory Jedi Master star 5

Nov 9, 2001
    The masturbation/mutitlation scene from The Exorcist scarred me for years.

13. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    When I was very small, I saw a stupid Vincent Price horror film called "The Haunted Palace" on television. It featured a nasty village full of people with skin grown over their eyes. Nightmares.

Saw it again much later, and it was laughably lame.

14. WMCoolmon

WMCoolmon Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    I remember when seeing Beru & Owen crisping by the homestead freaked me out.

I'd actually seen Star Wars a number of times before I noticed that one day...

15. SaberGiiett7

SaberGiiett7 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 2, 2002
    Darkness from the film Legend emerging from behind the mirror near the end freaked me out. First you see his hands, then his hooves, then his diabolical smirk on that rubicand head of his with protruding Devil horns. :eek:

<[-]> Saber

16. Flametwister

Flametwister Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 27, 2004
    I was afraid of the Little Mermaid when I was a kid. No, not the baddies. The whole movie. And, no, I don't know why.

When I was eight, my uncle showed me Is Paris Burning?, and one of the early scenes scared me so bad that I spent half the film crying in the garden (and came back just in time for another round of people to be shot :p).

17. SECRETSISTER

SECRETSISTER Jedi Master star 8

Nov 18, 2001
    The Creature from the Black Lagoon. Yeah, I know, it's considered kind of 'camp' now, but back then (yes, I'm old) it scared the whatsis out of me when I saw a trailer of it in a movie theater. I think I was 5 or 6...

Other things from movies that have terrorized me: Tornados, ie. Wizard of Oz, though I love the movie; rabid dogs, ie. To Kill a Mockingbird - another all time great. I do not have Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom because of the 'tearing out the heart' scenes.

I do not like horror movies. I cannot watch any 'Alien' or 'Predator' movies either. I won't touch The Exorcist with a ten foot pole.

Ironically, my sons love those movies and have often asked to buy them. I tell them they can get them when they have their own place of residence, but I will not have them in my house.

18. PuccaKenobi

PuccaKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2004
    all of Poltergeist freaked me out and still does. Its friken rated PG too! That clown and the tree and when the guy rips his face off.. ugh

19. The_Scarlet_Woman

The_Scarlet_Woman Jedi Master star 5

Jul 23, 2005
    The Wicked Witch in The Wizard of Oz inspired some terrifying nightmares that I still remember. The concept of a woman consumed by a lust for evil vengeance for something you didn't mean to do terrified me.

The rape scene in The Entity scarred me for life. Kevin Bacon's character in Hollow Man opened up that can of worms again. Not being able to see your attacker petrifies me. Wait Until Dark with Audrey Hepburn has the same effect on me.

20. Darth Damo

Darth Damo Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 18, 1999
    Well everything scared me as a kid..

Well, Aliens definitely did. Couldnt sleep or be alone even for weeks!

But can any of you all help me remember the title of this movie? Its about this kid who has a puppet that comes to like. It tells him wierd stuff and can turn his tv on and all. His mates and him find themselves in some kind of labyrinth near the end and manage to see a cameo of olde Darth Vader in there i think but i cant remember the films name.. ANyone know??

Help!!

Damo

21. Sn4tcH

Sn4tcH Jedi Master star 4

Oct 22, 2004
    The first scary movie I saw was Evil Dead 2. The scene near the start where Ash gets possessed and starts freaking out is the only time I have been scared enough to cover my eyes in a movie. And I was pretty young (had to have been like 5 or 6), but after that my brother conditioned me and showed me more horror movies than my little mind could take. Needless to say, when it comes to horror movies, I'm not easily freaked out.

But my brother had the mask of Darkness from Legend... and that always freaked me out when he would jump out at me...

22. darkcide

darkcide Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2003
    The melting heads from Raiders Of The Lost Ark.

23. Obi-Wan2001

Obi-Wan2001 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    I believe the movie you describe is Making Contact (AKA Joey), from Roland Emmerich.

24. JediStocky

JediStocky Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 26, 2001
    Krull.

Nightmares for weeks.

25. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    I believe the movie is The Indian and the Cupboard?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.