main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Which movie scene freaks you as an adult?

Discussion in 'Archive: The Amphitheatre' started by DAR, Jul 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DAR

DAR Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2004
    I apologize if this topic has already been posted. But here's a sequel to "Which movie scene freaked you out as a child?"

In the Ring, when the little girl steps out of the tv at the end. I remember watching that with my girlfriend at the time and I was certainly more scared than she was.

The Lost World-The scene where the T-Rex pokes its head through the tent. I can remember adults and kids being scared of that scene.

2. Son-Of-Suns

Son-Of-Suns Jedi Master star 4

Aug 18, 2000
    The last movie to freak me out was The Mothman Prophecies, besides that, I haven't really been freaked out by a movie since I was a kid.

And like that...he's gone.

3. Le_Sammler

Le_Sammler Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 21, 2005
    What part of the film freaked you out?

4. Son-Of-Suns

Son-Of-Suns Jedi Master star 4

Aug 18, 2000
    I couldn't really say. I can't remember a particular instance where I was creeped out, it was just an overall feeling I had at the end of the movie.

And like that...he's gone.

5. master_organa

master_organa Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 5, 2004
    Well, technichally I am not an adult, but the scene in Unbreakable where the janitor comes up to the one house, says "I like this house" too the person who opens the door, then kills them and lives there is disturbing.

6. rogue_wookiee

rogue_wookiee Jedi Youngling star 6

Apr 24, 2004
    I'm not an adult. And I probably never will be.

But Temple of Doom still gives me the creeps.

7. Darth_Banal

Darth_Banal Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 22, 2002
    In Batman Begins, the first time the Scarecrow put the mask on and talked in that creepy voice caught me off guard and creeped me out a little.

8. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    Alll of War of the Worlds. Good movie, but absolutely terrifying.

9. Drew_Atreides

Drew_Atreides Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    That bit from "The Ring" definitely ranks up there.

People in the theatre i saw it in were trying to do an MST3K-style commentary throughout, but no one, and i mean NO one, said a thing during that bit when she comes out of the tv.

Also, "The Blair Witch Project" during the final half hour really did a number on me. (I know there will be a ton of flamers for this one. BWP is one of those movies that you either were able to COMPLETELY get into, or you weren't and think it's one of the dumbest movies ever. There doesn't seem to be much middle-ground.)

That bit in "Signs" where they're showing the video of that birthday party was good, too. As was the reflection of the alien in the tv-set, right at the end. That is the one and only time that i have ever heard people LITERALLY unleash blood-curdling screams in the movie theatre.

10. severian28

severian28 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 1, 2004
    The needles in the eyes in " Audition " - hands down. Freaky stuff.

11. Loopster

Loopster Jedi Youngling star 4

Sep 26, 2000
    Most of The Killing Fields freaked me out. It wasn't scary as much as constant, unremitting suspense.

12. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    In "The Grudge" when the "thing" crawls up between the sheets.

Ugh! :_| Gives me the creeps, big time! [face_worried]

13. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    I would definetly have to agree with Signs. The scene where they show the video of the aliens made me just about jump out of my skin. So did the scene where the aliens were trying to get into the basement. Very creepy stuff.

14. Tyranus_the_Hutt

Tyranus_the_Hutt Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2004
  15. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    Yeah, that one in Signs with the birthday tape was ****-scary. It was so simple, but that's what made it terrifying

16. Le_Sammler

Le_Sammler Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 21, 2005
    Hey, great companion piece to my thread, Which movie scene freaked you out as a child?

Personally, what freaks me out now is stuff in film (gore) that actually resembles real life. Ie: war or medical operations. If it is just a horror film that is based in fantasy, ie: George A. Romero, It doesn't bother me at all.

Things that disturbed me are for example, scenes out of Saving Private Ryan

* At the start of the film where a guy has been blown in half, he is holding in his guts, and calling for his mother.

* Towards the end of the film, where the German and American are wrestling upstairs in a building, fighting over a large knife. The German gets on top of the American, the American is pleading for his life, and the German slowly plunges the knife into the chest of the American. All the while, the German is trying to sarcastically calm the American. That scene REALLY disturbed me.

In Supersize Me, it really freaked me when the fat guy was having his stomach stapled... I hate watching real medical procedures.

17. JMZ

JMZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2003
    I watched Saw last night and it got to me. I was convinced that Jigsaw was either Danny Glover or the orderly from the hospital. Cary Elwes sawing off his foot was too much for me to take, and when Jigsaw ended up being the "dead" guy in the bathroom with them, oh......... I lost my mind. That was completely unexpected. I barricaded my closet door shut when I went to sleep.

18. PuccaKenobi

PuccaKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2004
    * Towards the end of the film, where the German and American are wrestling upstairs in a building, fighting over a large knife. The German gets on top of the American, the American is pleading for his life, and the German slowly plunges the knife into the chest of the American. All the while, the German is trying to sarcastically calm the American. That scene REALLY disturbed me.

That scene really bothered me too. When he was shushing him... I've only seen that movie once and I still remember how that made me feel. Not good

the clown in Poltergeist still creeps me out.

19. Moleman1138

Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 18, 2004
    When the bug device goes in through Neo's stomach in The Matrix.

20. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    That wasn't very creepy, although it was kind of gross.

21. clone_commando_1993

clone_commando_1993 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 14, 2005

alright im only 13 but whatever im posting anyways. Yes I agree completely on those two scenes It made me get creeped out for weeks.

22. Zombi_2_1979

Zombi_2_1979 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 2005
    The final Sadako sequence in Ringu, gawd, this film has Verbinski's remake beat a 100x's over. And one of the main reasons this J-Horror is in my top ten favorite horror films. With nails clawed off, the movements of Sadako while she rises and walks, the whole choreography is terribly eerie. And that mad eye!

In another J-Horror film, The Premonition -- the face scene!

Maybe this should go be put in the sister thread, but in Gary Sherman's Dead and Buried. Very shocking, a real whoop and holler scene in the 1/4 or 1/3 of the film. One of the best in horror EVER. Can't describe it or I would completely spoil it and there is another one later in the film, a hyperdermic needle in the eye.

23. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    I`ll definatly agree with Slammer if it could happen in real life and the movie is done really well then it scares me

24. Jedi_Daniel

Jedi_Daniel Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 16, 2002
    There were two scenes in War of the Worlds that really freaked me out. The scene with the tripod zapping people left and right, they had that close up of a random womans face, the beam hit her, there was a moment of pain and surprise registering upon her, then she burst into ash. Also the scene with the bodies floating down the river, makes the imagination run wild with what other sort of horrors are going on off screen.

The beginning of Star Ship Troopers freaked me out slightly, with that captain getting ripped in half at the beginning.

25. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Saw.... Oh yeah! [face_worried]

Saw II is coming out at Halloween. My kids want to take me. I think I'll plead illness. [face_liarliar]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.