main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Which movie scene freaks you as an adult?

Discussion in 'Archive: The Amphitheatre' started by DAR, Jul 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fire_Ice_Death

Fire_Ice_Death Force Ghost star 7

Feb 15, 2001
    I would also add the subway scene and when Jack and David are being circled by the wolf at the beginning of the movie. Those were two well put together scenes that built tension and never really showed the monster up close.

2. severian28

severian28 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 1, 2004
    O-Daesu cutting his own tounge out in " Oldboy ". The reason that he does it is pretty disturbing also. Come to think of it, the last twenty five minutes of that film which encompasses those two things I mentioned makes " Oldboy " one of the most distressing films Ive ever scene. It really is the best film that Ill probably never watch again.

3. darkknight_152002

darkknight_152002 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 2, 2003
    The most disturbing scenes are those from Schindler's List. One involves the murder of an engineer who instructed the overseers that the barracks were unsound. After explaining the officer shot her and took credit for her idea. Use and abuse.

4. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    I thought the scene with the kids hiding the camp latrine was pretty horriffic.

5. PlastiqPhantom

PlastiqPhantom Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2002
    Pretty much all of the first Exorcist scares the crap outta me, I'm a wuss what can I say. Really the only good one of the entire series, although Dominion was actually pretty good and unlike The Beginning it actually had a lot of tension and some good scares too.

6. kotorkid007

kotorkid007 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 4, 2005
    saw movies r ingineus but putting urself in the sittuation as the victems can really freak u out!

7. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    In Jurassic Park when Elly's turing on the electricity, and says, "Mr. Hammond. I think we're back in business!" and then the velocoraptor comes out and terrorizes her really made me jump.

8. Syntax

Syntax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 1, 2001
    In 'Land of the Dead', the ONLY part that set me off is when some zombie chick drags her fingers down a metal door and all her fingernails pop off. Holy crap.

9. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    Splatter films of any description.

10. Angel_Jedi_Master

Angel_Jedi_Master Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 18, 2002
    This isn't a horror movie and I'm not an adult, but:

In The Wall, when Pink is shaving all his body hair.

The "Goodbye Blue Sky" sequence freaks me out.

That movie scares me.

11. MystikalMaceWindu

MystikalMaceWindu Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2005
    I don't think freaks me out is the right set of words, because we don't necessarily see anything scary, but it's more the thought of what could happen, what certain characters plan to do in a part from the drama/horror flick "28 Days Later." It stars Cillian Murphy, as a guy who wakes up from a coma to find London completely deserted.
    A disease has spread, turning people into raging, angry beasts, and Murphy and the few survivors he's with find "help" at a military blockade. But they find that these remaining soldiers pretty much were only trying to find women to breed with, and Murphy is with two, an adult played by Naomie Harris and a young woman, named Hannah, and they try to escape, but are caught. and the soldiers force the two women to dress up and look beautiful, just so they can be raped by the men, and impregnated, so there are healthy babies to carry on the human race.
    I was about as uneasy and tense as I have been in a long time while watching a movie....
    Overall, it's a good movie by the way, I suggest people watch it, if they're into horror movies. It's not a headlong horror movie, but it's just creepy enough -- not overdone.

12. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    Or how about the scene where she enters bunker and the only part of Arnold that she finds is his forearm.

13. Drunken Jedi Master

Drunken Jedi Master Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 1999
    I'm surprised noone has mention this one yet...

Se7en. Sloth. COUGH! :eek: [face_sick] Enough said.

14. REVANLORD

REVANLORD Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2005
    I'm not an adult, merely 13, but I nearly cried with horror at Pet Sematary, in the scene where the dead kid crawls from under the bed and cuts the guy's Akelies Tendon. :_|

And the shower scene in Psycho. [face_worried] I could'nt shower without staring at the curtain for 2 weeks.

The Hooded One

15. Rouge Null

Rouge Null Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    I wasn't really creeped out by this, but the ending of Natural Born Killers left me feeling kind of sick. They got away and started a family. It was just wrong, in the worst possible way.

16. barabel_humour

barabel_humour Jedi Master star 4

Nov 14, 2005
    I agree with Benny_Blanco about the "kiss the kerb" scene in American History X, and with MysticalMaceWindu about 28 Days Later the whole sense of isolation and the craziness that it causes in the un-infected is really creepy. [face_worried]

I'll also add the love/sex scene between Joaquin Phoenix and Kate Winslet in Quills, that's really disturbing. [face_worried] [face_sick]

17. Well_Of_Souls

Well_Of_Souls Jedi Master star 5

Aug 26, 2001
    The melting face sequence in Poltergeist still freaks me out.

Also, there is one scene of such shocking brutality in Cache that it has been haunting me for weeks since I saw it. If you've seen the film you know what I'm referring to. The fact that the film seems so uneventful up until that point makes it all the more jarring and impactful.

18. Yodas-evil-twin

Yodas-evil-twin Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 3, 2005
    The secne in Predator where they discover the bodies. It still makes me nervous.

19. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    10 year old Natalie Portman doing a striptease for Jean Reno in Leon ....

20. Zombi_2_1979

Zombi_2_1979 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 2005
    Armed neighbor struck by ambulance in the beginning of the Dawn of the Dead remake.

Escaped but bound captive struck by the semi while wearing somebody scalped face in The Devil's Rejects.

Mother's throat slitting in High Tension.

The hand to hand fighting that ends with the German pleading to the American G.I. something along the lines of "Please it's better this way. Please understand..." while the dagger slips into his heart in Saving Private Ryan. An accurate translation lies somewhere.

In same film when the GIs are celebrating their destruction of the tank unaware the Nazis rolled in a big gun and literally blows all of them to bits.

21. Zombi_2_1979

Zombi_2_1979 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 2005
    May:

Blind children and the doll.

Lost eye.

Session 9:

The old recording of the psychiatric sessions.

Hot pan of water.

Oh yeah ... LOBOTOMY.

The Machinist:

Christian Bale.

Visitor Q:

Three words ... the dead girl (gross and hilarious!!!)

22. REVANLORD

REVANLORD Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2005
    I just saw The Ring. Alone. In the dark. Saturday.:_| I woke up twice in a sweat Sunday. When Samara's observer says "But you don't like hurting people, Samara." And she looks up and says: "But I do. I really do. And IT WONT STOP." *scream*

I shall forever be disturbed. [face_worried]

The Hooded One

23. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    Well I'm probably the biggest chicken when it comes to scary movies so I tend to stay away from them. Two movies I have had the displeasure of watching are Arachnaphobia (I have a serious fear of spiders, why on Earth did I watch it?) and The Birds (It gives me the greeps!).

24. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I don't get scared much at all by films. I laugh at things like The Ring. But the prospect of things that could actually happen is creepy. And I don't think it gets much worse than Sloth [face_sick]

25. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    "The Premature Burial"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.