Which night for cheap group seats at the bowl is best for you?

Discussion in 'Orange County, CA' started by LordJedi, Jan 29, 2003.

?

Which night for cheap group seats at the bowl is best for you?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
Friday, August 29th 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Saturday, August 30th 16 vote(s) 100.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordJedi Jedi Master

star 4
  2. LordJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Vote here for which night is best for you. Please also post with which way you voted and whether you can go to more than one night or not.

I voted for Saturday. I will most likely only be able to go one night.
  3. Princess_Skywalker_ Jedi Youngling

star 4
    I'll wait to see what night Tracy wants to go for the more expensive seats, if she wants to go together the one night.....That and what time do the shows start?
  4. LordJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    The shows start both nights at 8:30pm and are generally over by 11 (I think). There is a 20 min intermission at around 9:30pm.
  5. droideka27 Manager Emeritus

star 7
    I would rather go Saturday night. But I think I could do Friday also. I could even go to both. It doesn't really matter. :)
  6. Aaron-Wan-Kenobi Temp CR Orange County, CA

VIP
    star 3
    I voted for saturday because it's hard to get back from work at a decent hour. One time is enough for me.
  7. BobaFett-MP Jedi Master

star 4
    I put down Saturday. Do you think we should carpool?
  8. LordJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Most definitely. I don't think we need to drive a bunch of separate cars to the park and ride location. I can fit 5 in the cab of my truck (that includes me) and probably 5 or 6 more in the back (it's covered by a shell). That would be kind of a long ride to sit in the back of my truck though.

EDIT: The best thing to do, once we're all squared away as to who's going and everything, would be to meet at one persons house or at a central location and go from there.
  9. SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Master

star 4
    I chose saturday also. I couldn't make it up there on a Friday night after work.
  10. chibiangi Force Ghost

star 4
    Assuming I'm free then, could I come too? I really want to see this. yipee.

Also, would there be like a packed dinner or snacks since lots of people seem to do that? If I make it, I would totally be willing to bring a picnic basket of goodies.
  11. LordJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, sure, everyone's welcome. Just let us know what night you can make it (assuming only one night).

A packed dinner is a must. This is one of the things that can be done the night of the show. We get together, go to a supermarket, buy some food, stick it in a cooler, and head to the bowl. Or we can make sandwiches before meeting. Either way.
  12. DarthBrian Force Ghost

star 4
    Saturday is best for both me and my friend who also wants to go. :eek:

Possibly two more. [face_blush]
  13. AnakinWisler Jedi Master

star 4
  14. LordJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Wow, looks like we're gonna have quite a group. I checked the bowl website and tickets don't appear to be on sale for this event yet. We might even need to go up to the box office to get the tickets, depending on how many people we have total. With enough people, we could probably fill 2 or 3 rows of bench seats.

And I checked out group sales as well. We could get them, with a group of 12 or more. I don't think that will be a problem, we have at least 9 so far. Check out group sales here. I don't think we'd need the catering service and I don't think we'd necessarily need the priority seating service, but take a look anyway.
  15. SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Master

star 4
    Barry- I hope you don't mind me doing this, but since you're working on this I'm going to make you the contact person for this. I have alot going on right now and if you can organize this event that would be great. Remember this will be a joint event will LAFF, SDFF and possibly the RL. I'll be working on the RL side of things with Jeff Teel once I'm able to get in touch with him about it.
  16. LordJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Ahhh! Oh no! JK :p I knew that was gonna happen once I started posting all that info about the event. Not a problem though. I think I can handle it.
  17. Princess_Skywalker_ Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Sat sounds good for the group/cheap seats/dress up thing....I still plan to go Fri as well, fingers crossed...
  18. DarthBrian Force Ghost

star 4
    Will they let people dress up in costume at the flippin' Hollywood Bowl!?! :eek:

Not that I dress up in costume, mind...just curious. :)
  19. LordJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    I forgot to mention something about the group seats. Normally, there is a 20% discount on group tickets. But, saturdays are exempted from this, so even if we did get group tickets, we wouldn't be able to get the discount.
  20. SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes, we can come in costume. There have people dressed up for his concerts before. Also, no worries on gettng the 12 people. You have several already interested from the RL as well. Also I will be posting a message about this on the 501st SoCal Yahoo groups page as well and checking to see if they are interested in going as well. I'll be sending those e-mails out tonight when I get home.
  21. Mandalorian_Hitman Jedi Padawan

22. droideka27 Manager Emeritus

star 7
    I woul defintiely go with you on friday amy if you'd like, and we can get bench seats or something
  23. Princess_Skywalker_ Jedi Youngling

star 4
    sounds great tracy! what price range are those?
  24. chibiangi Force Ghost

star 4
    Ok, I just voted for Saturday.
  25. LordJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Just a note, everything beyond the closest seats (subscription is what they're called, I think) are "bench" seats. The difference between the type of bench is that the closer you are, the more likely they are to be plastic benches. The ones further back tend to be wood. The plastic ones look nicer, but that's about it. Just remember one thing, bring a seat cushion and some blankets. I always forget those.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.