main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

O.C, CA Which night for cheap group seats at the bowl is best for you?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by LordJedi, Jan 29, 2003.

?

Which night for cheap group seats at the bowl is best for you?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. Friday, August 29th

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Saturday, August 30th

100.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Theatrix

Theatrix Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 26, 2001
    They also rent adequate seat cushions for a buck or so. Also, we normally picnic in the area to the south of the bowl.

Theatrix

2. TrooperTk602

TrooperTk602 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 7, 2000
    I guess the day will be Saturday. Thats just a guess though.;) Count me in for at least two. I'll try to coax my wife and one of her girl friends to go. My wife, from what she's seen so far is calling this "Geekapalooza". Dont get her wrong she just thinks those of us who may go in costue are a bunch of freaks. I know I can get her to sit on Lord Vader's lap if he shows up. Glen
    TK-602
    SCG

3. zhi-don_aquintas

zhi-don_aquintas Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 17, 2002
    hi guys;

of course myself, lu and renee are in on this too. i have asked the jedi knights and the grey jedi to join us too. saturday is good for all concerned. i like the idea of taking a shuttle, but if we are going in costume will this present a problem. packing dinner in sounds good too. barry; i will let you know what the head count is from the above groups. this should be a lot of fun.

mtfbwy,

zhi-don

4. Princess_Skywalker_

Princess_Skywalker_ Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 5, 2002
    I should bring my ROJ blanket...Cause I'm not bringing my Harry Potter comforter lol ;)

5. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    i like the idea of taking a shuttle, but if we are going in costume will this present a problem.

It shouldn't. Most likely no one will want to be on the same shuttle with us, but there shouldn't be any problems with that at all.

6. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    Give me a break you guys. NOT EVERYONE is a jerk to people that dress up. If you want to fine, if not, fine.

But let's put it this way....IF someone there has a problem with me dressing up and my costume...they can stick it where the sun doesn't shine. I don't care what people think. If you want to dress up, go for it! We are FAR too old to be worrying what others think anyways. This isn't high school...not that I cared then either :p

7. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    Whoa, I don't know who that comment was directed at, but let me clarify mine.

I did not mean that people would be jerks or nasty to us, I simply meant they might feel strange on a bus full of Jedi. It would be like a bunch of people arguing who is better, Kirk or Picard, on a bus. I don't think the people would be mean to us, just probably think we're nerds/dorks/geeks. Thankfully, I already know :) Of course, I think there would be a lot of people that would think it was neat as well and might even strike up a conversation about what went into it (your costume), how long it took to make, how you figured everything out, etc.

8. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    Well I know that sometimes people have, in the past made comments, and maybe this is where that is coming from. I believe last time we went to the movies, someone said something about Lori's costume, which I think rocks by the way! (Especially the lightsaber).

I think if people DO make bad comments, ignoring them is the best thing. As they are just doing that for attention. MY POINT was people should NOT WORRY. They should not base whether or not to dress up on others reactions. WHO CARES WHAT PEOPLE THINK. Who cares if they do or don't talk to us, make fun of us, etc. I didn't make my costume and I don't wear it based on whether people will or won't talk to me, be nice to me, etc. Even if I end up being the only one dressed up, then so be it I guess. I plan on having fun regardless.

But if need be, I can kick some ass, for those not feeling the Star Wars vibe, etc. :p --before you overreact, that was a joke. ha ha

Also let it be stated for the record that I think some people worry too much. Life is too short. Thank you. :p

9. chibiangi

chibiangi Jedi Master star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    The only reason I won't be wearing a costume is that it's going to be at the end of August and HOT HOT HOT! Jedi robes? Padme gowns? Stormtrooper costumes? Eek! Not for me, but I'll give props to anyone who does!!!

I doubt anyone, or at least hope no one, will be jerky to someone in a costume because it's totally rude and uncalled for. Besides, who cares what anyone else thinks? We're all grown-ups and can do our own thing :D

PS Did anyone see my post in the other section about the seating? There is a webpage that has pictures of the views of the various seats. Pretty neat-o.

10. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    chibiangi I totally agree...

And thanks for posting that info on the other thread....I've never been to the bowl and it totally helped showing what seats were where! too cool....

11. BobaFett-MP

BobaFett-MP Jedi Master star 4

May 13, 2001
    Even if I were able to get my new costume done by then (HA HA!) I wouldn't go in full Fett gear. I'll just tag along and ejoy my #2 favorite composer's music. BTW, how far away is the nose bleed seats? Or are they even seats? (I've never been to the bowl before).

12. LordJedi

Jan 15, 2001
    They're benches (wood I think at that distance). I'm not sure how far they are, but it's not like the stage will be the size of a postage stamp at that distance (had that experience at WWF). You'd definitely want to bring some binoculars if you want to get a closer look at the people on stage. Hearing the music shouldn't be a problem as, like I said before, they have a very good sound system. You can check out the views here.

NOTE: I think that link was posted in the other thread as well, I'm just putting it here for convenience sake.

And I've honestly never noticed a difference between sitting off to the side and sitting in the middle. Maybe my ears aren't that sensitive or I just don't know what to listen for.

13. BobaFett-MP

BobaFett-MP Jedi Master star 4

May 13, 2001
    So.... Are we palnning for those seats waaaaaaaay up at the top?

14. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    According to the Hollywood Bowl's website:

Group Discounts:
    When you bring a group of 12 or more this summer, you'll receive a 20% discount on most bench seating (offer excludes Saturdays, fireworks, leased, and other selected concerts).

So if we go on the Saturday, we have to pay the full price anyway.

15. Theatrix

Theatrix Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 26, 2001
    Just a quick FYI-

On 501st jaunts to the bowl, we only had folks in "soft" costumes (i.e. Jedi or Imperial Officers) no "hard skinned/armored costumes" (i.e. Stormtroopers, Fett, Vader). In previous years the bowl has been okay with EL light sabres. Just be discrete and don't wave them around for the whole show. Also, folks normally waited until JW played something from the SW films. They then illumniated the sabres for a minute or so and then stowed them.

Tim aka Theatrix
    501st LXO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.