main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA Which of my banners do you like better?

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by FaLLeN-AnGeL, Apr 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FaLLeN-AnGeL

FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    Ok, I just tried to create a poll and it didn't work, so I deleted it. So now I'll do it this way...

I'm just interested in knowing which of the banners I made everyone likes. Also, which of the two "forums" images people liked (mine, or the one Dingbat edited).

This is purely because I am curious... :D

Forum One - My original version.
    Forum Two - Dingbat's version.
    JediCouncil-Top One - The original version.
    JediCouncil-Top Two - Same as above but with larger text.
    JediCouncil-Top Three - Same larger text, but with the image joined together.

So what does everyone think? Are there any suggestions to make them better? Anything at all... :)

2. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 18, 2001
    Whats the difference between forum one and forum two? They both look the same!

I still think youve done a great job! :)

3. SithLeia

SithLeia Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 16, 2001
    I think they are fine the way they are.
    I liked the Jedicouncil top three...the anakin next to darth vaders helmet brings the ep 1 and the OT trilogy together :D

4. FaLLeN-AnGeL

Dec 3, 2001
    The only real difference I can see between my version and Dingbat's version is a slight blurring kinda thing between the edge of the picture and the start of the text. Oh, and the little tick type thing on the top of the "D" (Discussion Forums) is missing.

Dingbat, are they the differences? Or did you do more? ?[face_plain]

5. Dingbat

Dingbat Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 10, 2001
    Yep FaLLeN-AnGel is correct about the differences. I just gave the picture a slight blur on the right side and removed the little thing sticking off the 'd' in discussion. In my opinion I think the blur makes the image look a little less harsh and I personally prefer the non harsh look although I know others disagree.

As for which of the banners is better I'd definately go for the third one which has both sides next to each other. Together the sort of show a transition for the original trilogy to episode I. With them seperated it's more of an OT here, EPI here.

6. Grizzly

Grizzly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2000
    I take it the 2 forum ones are for the reply page? NSW used to have the 2 halves of the Harbour Bridge as bookends, but it looks like they've changed the page layout now.

I like JC Top2 for the main page banner, but personally I'd crop the game characters and perhaps use them as bookends to the "JC discussion forum" header, or is the layout strictly set as "Graphic then text"?

7. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    I like Jedi Council - Top One

8. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 18, 2001
    I think they are all great!!!! Just had to say it.

9. FaLLeN-AnGeL

Dec 3, 2001
    Thanks guys :)

Griz, I've already explained why I won't cut it, but I'm not sure about what you mean by the rest of your post... ?[face_plain]

10. Grizzly

Grizzly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2000
    The "post a reply" page used to have some sort of comment along those lines with the 2 "busts" at either end. NSW replaced those busts with halves of the harbour bridge with "post a reply" in the middle. The figures I'm referring to are now actually on the thread pages with advertising between them. If they could be replaced, I think the 4 figures from the CRB would look good there.

11. FaLLeN-AnGeL

Dec 3, 2001
    Ahh, ok, like the ones ontop of the main forum pages? The image of mine (forums) is the one that you see at the top of the page after hitting the reply button. At least that's where I understood it goes...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.