main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Which of the 6 films is your FAVORITE?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by DarthSapient, May 19, 2005.

?

Which of the 6 films is your FAVORITE?

Poll closed Mar 25, 2012.
  1. The Phantom Menace

1.1%
  2. Attack of the Clones

1.8%
  3. Revenge of the Sith

42.7%
  4. A New Hope

13.9%
  5. The Empire Strikes Back

31.6%
  6. Return of the Jedi

9.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    The Empire Strikes Back is my favorite. So far after one viewing ROTS clocks in at the number five position.

2. sithscotti418

sithscotti418 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 27, 2005
    I do find it intersting that those complaing about Rots leading the polls are ranking all three prequals in the bottom 3. Why don't you just admit that you didn't want the prequels made from the the get go.

3. Tredavi

Tredavi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2005
    No its not killing me that Rots is winning considering it came out today. Whats killing me is that empire is still staying within fighting range. I will start this same poll in a month or so if someone else doesn't and you will see how only the originals are timeless. I do admit however ROTS was an extrodinary film. Even one and two were good sci fi flicks. What people don't understand though is that IV V and VI are the best made and thousands of times more significant culturally and for film altogether.

4. vampire-jing

vampire-jing Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 10, 2002
    Voted for ROTS.

5. NotaNewb

NotaNewb Jedi Youngling star 1

May 14, 2005
    Your right, 4, 5, and 6 are the best, thus proving apples pwn oranges.

6. sithscotti418

Feb 27, 2005
    I disagree there. Rots is easily a better made film than other of the 5 films. Yes even better made than ESB. Now will it remain peoples favorite, I don't know because lets face it is a downer. So maybe in that aspect ESB will emerge as the favorite, but just from a film quality perspective, this is easily the best of the 6. You don't have to be a star wars fan to appreciate ROTS. This is a great movie.

7. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    If you had told us in the mid 1990's when Lucas started this whole thing that almost half of Star Wars fans would like Episode III and the creation of Darth Vader better than TESB (which is what this poll is saying so far) we would have all died of sudden and painful heart attacks caused by orgasmic shudders of joy.

8. Tredavi

May 19, 2005
    Thanks for all you purests out there who put being star wars fans ahead of being lucas fans. Thanks for voting for what you believe in instead of taking the quick and easy path to vote based on hype.

9. darthRebel

darthRebel Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 25, 2004
    I think the difference is The ot made us the fans we are today,it was religion and magic.If the pt were made without the OT then it would have been different,maybe I would not even come to the force net.The ot are the best movies ever made for me,i can watch them a trillion times,I can watch the pt a lot too because its star wars and the effects and jedi council and locations etc,but its just not the same feeling for me.hehe

10. Malkuth_Toltec

Malkuth_Toltec Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2002
    I thought it was just the newness... I mean I can honestly say that even after being spoiled rotten and knowing what happens to the infintsimal detail I was not prepared for what unfolded on screen when I watched Sith for the first time last night. Anakin and Padme worked... It worked better because it was so ******* awful in AotC to be sure... But I really cannot fault how Christensen in particular turned this one around and kudos to Lucas for allowing Anakin to become a strong figure in Padme's life and have us believe that she needs him just as much as he needs her which was not apparent in AotC and made the romance all one way. Obi Wan standing on top of the ramp of the Naboo cruiser at Mustafar... It sent shivers down my spine like nothing in ESB ever did. In fact, that whole exchange on the Mustafar landing platform, even after a second viewing which highlighted a little awkwardness in Christensen's delivery of the more... Challenging "Lucasian" lines, is my favourite moment (or collection of moments) in the whole Star Wars saga. The hairs stood up on the back of my neck, across my arms, down my chest, along my belly... You get the picture. Then when Anakin says "You will try..." and attacks... Oh the adrenaline... Nothing in ESB did that to me. All the dialogue about "My New Empire" damn I cannot wait for the RotS Infinities Graphic Novel. I just cannot fathom how a film I thought would be great, but not close to ESB could totally overwhelm me with the sum of it's considerable parts. I just wasn't expecting what I saw, despite all the spoilers.

And the guy who thought AotC was better than RotS... I don't know why I justify that comment with an answer but I guess you are entitled to your opinion... But it's wrong. No two ways about it... It is inferior in EVERY aspect with no room for maneuver. Personal leanings aside... Revenge of the Sith is the Star Wars movie that makes the other five so special... In ESB's case... A little more special... ;)

11. I_Worship_Sidious

I_Worship_Sidious Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 6, 2004
    Sith is at least a strong third. It could surpass Empire for 2nd.

12. sithscotti418

Feb 27, 2005
    Thanks for all you purests out there who put being star wars fans ahead of being lucas fans. Thanks for voting for what you believe in instead of taking the quick and easy path to vote based on hype.

You know what a purist is? It is someone who is unwilling to admit a prequel is good . Thank you for proving my point. It is not hype. Rots is far superior film than any of the 5 films( Pt and Ot combined)

13. lysis

lysis Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 12, 2004
    I keep seeing anikan buring alive in the lava. I don't want to say this, but it brought me to tears. I need to see it again though. I saw it with my family, and I think I was too worried about what they thought that I lost track of the movie itself. I have mixed feelings really... Tis' all very tragic.

14. LordRevan19

LordRevan19 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 26, 2005
    I saw ROTS at midnight.... FRIKEN AWESOME!!!

Realy Good Stuff

15. Jedi_Aero-Stone

Jedi_Aero-Stone Jedi Youngling

May 5, 2005
    For me...Sith will stand the test of time as THE (GREATEST) of ALL the Star Wars films.

Why is it killing anyone whether PT vies with, or is under, or surpasses the OT??? Let it go.. love em all? Fine.. like a mix..cool... just like OT..or just PT..whatever..how can any of it truly "bother" someone? They are ALL made by one Father...Papa Lucas...and he has done an outstanding job on ALL of em. I am fairly new here..but at the risk of alienating myself.. I must say... (and I have only run across one or two here on the board so far..thank god) that I find it hard to deal with anyone who comes from a standpoint of Lucas raped my childhood by updating the OT into SEs..or for even creating the PT for that matter... I cant take them serious. There are six films here..something for everyone to love and cherish made by one man who followed them all thru with creative control in one shape or another. SO WHAT if for a few weeks or months or years or forever... *wink...Sith takes the title from ESB? Bottom line is people are gonna love what they love...

16. markaudette

markaudette Jedi Youngling

Feb 22, 2004
    I voted for Revenge of the Sith because it was one of the most compelling, most tragic, most brutal, most brilliant, most artistic and most perfect movies I have ever seen in my lifetime.

17. Fan-4-Life

Fan-4-Life Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2002
    Don't get me wrong I love the OT, but come on man! ROTS is the Star Wars film that finally has everything. Even the acting was pretty good in this one seriously!

18. Qui-Gonn Jinn

Qui-Gonn Jinn Jedi Youngling star 3

May 1, 1999
    47% of people voted for Sith as the best?! Who are you people? Where do you come from?

19. -RebelScum-

-RebelScum- Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 21, 2004
    RotS was great, but the best film? I don't agree with the polls there, my favorite (a rare choice) is RotJ

20. Jager

Jager Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2005
    You can tell the negative bashers get desperate when they are like 'oh, but you won't like it as much in a month". How the hell do you know? You never liked it to begin with(bashers), so you are biased anyways. Don't tell me what I'll think...I'll still be loving it!

21. jedibri

jedibri Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2000
    For all the OT fan's I being one. It's ok to damit this movie rocks. If you like ESB goof for you. But, to continue to beat people over the head with it or say ROTS is my 5 or 6th favorie movie is stupid.

You people have had your say now let others have their's.

22. Darth_Nitro1138

Darth_Nitro1138 Jedi Youngling

Jan 31, 2005
    Revenge of the Sith.

23. CrazySaber

CrazySaber Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 4, 2004
    I would have to see ROTS a few more times before I could give it my real ranking overall, but I don't think it was as good as ESB, so I voted for ESB.

24. Tredavi

May 19, 2005
    "You know what a purist is? It is someone who is unwilling to admit a prequel is good . Thank you for proving my point. It is not hype. Rots is far superior film than any of the 5 films( Pt and Ot combined)"

If you would have read my other posts you would know im a resonable person and agree everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I ENJOYED ROTS! its a good film. fantastic even. But it did not have the same majic the original trilogy had for me. If you had any sense you would know im defending that position.

25. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    RotS. By far the most breathtaking and emotionally touching Star Wars Episode. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.