main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Which of the 6 films is your FAVORITE?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by DarthSapient, May 19, 2005.

?

Which of the 6 films is your FAVORITE?

Poll closed Mar 25, 2012.
  1. The Phantom Menace

1.1%
  2. Attack of the Clones

1.8%
  3. Revenge of the Sith

42.7%
  4. A New Hope

13.9%
  5. The Empire Strikes Back

31.6%
  6. Return of the Jedi

9.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IG-13

IG-13 Jedi Master star 1

Apr 13, 2005
    I voted for Sith as well. None of the others had as much as an emotional impact as that movie did to me last night. Simply.....awesome.

ROTS
    ROTJ
    ESB
    AOTC
    TPM
    ANH

2. sithscotti418

sithscotti418 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 27, 2005
    I'm not saying you didn't like Rots, but as a "purist " you are admitting a certain bias in your opinons. I just don't care for being told in a month that I will change my opinion because the hype will die down. I could care less about hype.Rots rules all.

3. ChewbaccasUncleItchy

ChewbaccasUncleItchy Jedi Youngling star 1

May 5, 2005
    Tredavi,
    You don't have to defend your preferences (unless you are insecure about them for some reason) don't put others in the position of having to defend theirs.

4. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    The Empire Strikes Back is still my favorite. It's too classic.

1. The Empire Strikes Back
    2. Revenge of the Sith
    3. A New Hope
    4. Return of the Jedi
    5. Attack of the Clones
    6. The Phantom Menace

5. forever_jedi

forever_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 5, 2002
    My new list (in the first flush of RotS viewing):

1. ANH
    2. RotS
    3. ESB
    4. RotJ
    5. AotC
    6. TPM

Yes, RotS has edged out the holy ESB. But not quite the trailblazing cinematic masterpiece, ANH! :D

6. topgoalscorer_no11

topgoalscorer_no11 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 23, 2001
    Voted for ANH.

But the more I think about it, the better RotS gets- it's threatening to do the unthinkable and oust my beloved Episode IV...

7. JFKIII

JFKIII Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 23, 2005
    My personal favorite is AOTC (going to see ROTS later tonight, most likely will go to that), but I'm surprised that AOTC is winning this poll as far as the time of my post.

8. Vortex1087

Vortex1087 Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2005
    I rate films based ont he emotional impact they have on me, which, I know, is very subjective, but, nevertheless, here's my list.

1. Revenge of the Sith
    2. Return of the Jedi
    3. The Empire Strikes Back
    4. A New Hope
    5. Attack of the Clones
    6. The Phantom Menace

I know it's blasphemy putting not one, but TWO films above the holy ESB, but, alas, ROTS and ROTJ generated in me the strongest emotional response as they are the only two that I have shed tears when watching. In Revenge of the Sith, my first tear dropped when Anakin was burning, and then they continued to fall when Padme says "There is still good in in him", then dies, while Obi-Wan is looking in shockm then the camera pans to baby Luke, who utters the exact same phrase 20 years later, then it cuts to Vader asking where Padme is, if she's all right. It was heartwrenching.

In ROTJ, it was of course the moment when Vader redeems himself, which is all the more powerful now.

Looking at the list now, it makes sense that, emotionally, ROTS and ROTJ would be my favorites, as those two really are the pivotal moments of the story, Anakin's fall and his redemption.

9. Tredavi

Tredavi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2005
    The position I am defending is to not let this hype get the best of you. Rots was great its true. I mean it really has a shakespearian tragedy tone to it. It is majical to see alot of the scenes. But I just want people to go in with clear mind and not have a preditermined idea of weather they like it or not. I remember when phantom came out. I was in the 7th grade and me and my friends were jumping around screaming we were so excited. I ended up seeing it 4 times and loveing it more than any other...At first. Now i can't even fathom thinking it is a great movie. We shall see which movie stands up. If the majority are still saying rots is best later this year I will stand corrected. But i seriously doubt the original trilogy can be beat. Think about it empire has over 30 percent of the vote and its still the first day people.

10. Sate_Pestage

Sate_Pestage Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2001
    Well, I voted for ROTS, simply because I am stll in shock at how amazing it was.

11. forever_jedi

forever_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 5, 2002
    My personal favorite is AOTC (going to see ROTS later tonight, most likely will go to that), but I'm surprised that AOTC is winning this poll as far as the time of my post.

Um...? :confused:
    At this time, AotC is at rock bottom, even below TPM!

12. jxchamb

jxchamb Jedi Master star 4

Jun 21, 2003
    How can you not vote for Empire??!! I mean wft?
    Geez, that film is miles ahead of any of the other films.

13. JediJabo

JediJabo Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 17, 2004
    Revenge of the Sith. Oh yeah!

14. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    ESB still stands as the best film in my book. However, ROTS that far down the list either. Here are my rankings:

1) ESB
    2) ROTJ
    3) ROTS
    4) ANH
    5) AOTC
    6) TPM

15. imperial_dork

imperial_dork Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2003
    Empire is still my favorite, with A New Hope just barely behind. I loved ROTS, however, and since I've posted this list everywhere else... here it is again. :p

1. ESB - 10
    2. ANH - 9.9
    3. ROTS - 8
    4. ROTJ - 7.5
    5. TPM - 7
    6. AOTC - 4

16. KPoland

KPoland Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 5, 2005
    My first impression of ROTS was not very good. Too cheesy. ANH remains on top for now, and probably for all time.

1. ANH
    2. TESB
    3. ROTJ
    4. AOTC
    5. ROTS
    6. TPM

17. lightsaber_wielder

lightsaber_wielder Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2002
    Still Empire, for its wonderful sense of adventure, philosophy, and darkness (not to mention the witty script). Mind you, Sith comes in a close second for me, and I've placed it above the other originals for many reasons:

- In comparison to the other prequels, the acting is exponentially better (Christensen was great, Portman was good, McGregor was excellent, McDiarmid was brilliant...)

- The script was much better than that of TPM and AOTC; I actually found myself impressed with the important dialogue, almost-cringing only twice, and laughing on odd occasions (in the intentional spots)

- The directing, editing and cinematography in this film are simply amazing. The way Lucas and co. have used shadows and lighting is pure genius, and the scene where Anakin and Padmé look across the city at one another combines the best of all three of the above aspects of film-making (as do other scenes)

- The music...need I say more? It really was brilliant; far moodier, darker, emotional and more appropriate than that of any of the other "Star Wars" films.

- Finally, the dark story. It most certainly beat Empire in this respect.

So, Sith is nearly number one for me, but Empire still takes the cake! :D

18. DarthHutt

DarthHutt Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 2, 2000
    ESB is still my favorite...with ROTS a very close 2nd after seeing it twice.

ESB
    ROTS
    ROTJ
    ANH
    TPM
    AOTC

19. Vader666

Vader666 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 3, 2003
    ROTS was good.

I think a lot of fan opinions will change when they see the movie a couple more times. I don't think it's better than ESB or ANH.

20. Qui-Gonn Jinn

Qui-Gonn Jinn Jedi Youngling star 3

May 1, 1999
    Once again, to ROTS fans who think it is the best. Who the hell are you, and where do you come from? I know you're excited about it, but please, relax. It's a solid film, I am not bashing it as a film but in comparison to the OT the acting is bad, some lines are corny, and some of the plot movement is just not up to par with the OT. If anyone wants specific examples, come at me, but this post is already pretty long. Finally, another solid SW film. The first since 1983... Oh yeah, I'm glad Lucas finally fully utilized Jar Jar, I hear having him in this prequel trilogy was a good idea. lmao (Another reason this movie was a solid film though was Jar Jar's silence.)

1. ESB
    2. ANH
    3. ROTJ
    4. ROTS
    5. AOTC
    6. TPM

21. Sith_Hits_The_Fan

Sith_Hits_The_Fan Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 25, 2003
    The hype will die down.
    Then we'll see if Star Wars is really just The Empire Strikes Back, or if it's something more.

Good poll!

22. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2004
    I saw ROTS this morning by my vote still goes to ESB.

23. RangerFett

RangerFett Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 28, 2005
    Ok, I was a teen ager when I saw the ANH and now a grumpy (sort of) mid-lifer during the age of the prequels. Having said that, the OT is not the Holy Grail to me, compared to the PT. Both trilogioes stand on their own in the Star Wars universe with significant contributions to the canon. So, my rankings are as follows:

1. ESB
    2. ANH
    3. ROTS
    4. AOTC
    5. ROTJ
    6. TPM

Who know if more viewings of ROTS will increase it's standing in my book, but it was sure fun to watch! And I was actually MOVED by some emotion.

24. sithscotti418

sithscotti418 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 27, 2005
    My name is Todd and I'm from Ny. I am an Rots fan, but according to the ot purists, I have been dring too much kool aid.

Empire didn't have cringe worthy dialogue ? Than please explain to me what the hell a nerf hearder is because I stll don't know what that is?

I refuse to retact my statement.

Rots is a better acted film than ESB.
    Rots has a better screenplay than ESB.
    Rots is better directed than ESB.
    Rots is much darker than ESB.
    Rots is more emotional than ESB.

So in conclusion
    Rots is a superior film to ESB. Now pass me the kool-aid because I am thirsty.

25. YouMustConfrontVader

YouMustConfrontVader Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2004
    ROTS was fantastic. Very fitting ending, great action and betrayal. But the dialogue in parts is very flat and weak, leaving alot of vulnerability.

ESB was a great synergy of mystery, love, betrayal and suspense.

The recent release of ROTS has created a hype, which of course would lead to a much higher number in votes, but honestly people, in 6 months, watch the entire trilogy as a whole. Then I think the minds of many will change.

My List: ESB, ANH, ROTS, ROTJ, AOTC, TPM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.