main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Which of the 6 films is your FAVORITE?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by DarthSapient, May 19, 2005.

?

Which of the 6 films is your FAVORITE?

Poll closed Mar 25, 2012.
  1. The Phantom Menace

1.1%
  2. Attack of the Clones

1.8%
  3. Revenge of the Sith

42.7%
  4. A New Hope

13.9%
  5. The Empire Strikes Back

31.6%
  6. Return of the Jedi

9.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yellow_command535

yellow_command535 Jedi Youngling

Jun 16, 2005
    I think its pretty easy to guess which one i like the most. i luved the phantom mence. GO YELLOW COMMANDER!!!!!!!!!! just look at my icon.

2. ROTS_Obi1

ROTS_Obi1 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 16, 2005

What are you smoking, AOTC is only at 1%?

3. DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL

DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    1 batman begins
    2 ROTS, ESB
    3 ROTJ
    4 AOTC
    5 TPM
    6 ANH

4. Siaynoqsbride

Siaynoqsbride Jedi Master star 4

May 17, 2005
    Well, they are all tied together as a saga, and are moer powerful like that... any one of them looses its power if you just see it as a stand alone movie, except perhaps ANH and tPM. I would have to say that RotS stands out as the best for me, simply because it is so powerful and emotional.

5. struan

struan Jedi Youngling

May 27, 2005
    Empire Strikes Back - Vader choking people for any infringement is great "Commander you left the toilet seat up" "But, but, but....." "No excuses"

Then Revenge of the Sith, A New Hope, Return of the Jedi, Attack of the Clones, The Phantom Menace

6. anipad2005

anipad2005 Jedi Youngling

May 30, 2005
  7. UltimateObi-Wan_987

UltimateObi-Wan_987 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 15, 2005
    Okay, being one of the newbies that discovered Star Wars in 1999 with Ep I, I feel a little out of place on this question.

I grew up having a vague idea of what Star Wars was, but not really knowing what the whole story was. I always knew that Vader was Anakin's father because I grew up after that big reveal. So, whether justified or not, here's my list:

1 - ROTJ
    2 - ROTS
    3 - TPM
    4 - ANH
    5 - AOTC
    6 - ESB

8. Antrojedi

Antrojedi Jedi Master star 1

Nov 19, 2002
    To Star Wars purists maybe, but like I stated before, I kind of grew up watching Anakin, Obi-Wan, Yoda, Mace, Padme, etc. To me I have a far greater emotional attachment to those characters than OT characters like Luke, Han and Leia.

9. UltimateObi-Wan_987

UltimateObi-Wan_987 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 15, 2005
    Antrojedi:
    I kind of grew up watching Anakin, Obi-Wan, Yoda, Mace, Padme, etc. To me I have a far greater emotional attachment to those characters than OT characters like Luke, Han and Leia.

Took the words right out of my mouth. I grew up in the time of Obi-Wan, Anakin, and Padme, not Luke, Han, and Leia. I mean sure, I get what part these characters play and I know how importatnt they are to the whole Star Wars story, but they're just not the characters I care about the most. It has taken me six years to get to know the PT characters, and it took a whole 7 hours to get to know the OT characters. So, understandably, I'm more interested in the PT major characters.

10. -NaTaLie-

-NaTaLie- Force Ghost star 4

Nov 5, 2001
    But you still like ROTJ the most? Is it because of Vader's redemption?

11. Midnight_Daydream

Midnight_Daydream Jedi Youngling

Jun 11, 2005
    here's my list, from worst to best.

1. AOTC. The acting seems very wooden and stiff, it gets bogged down in politics, and I just didn't like it as much as the others.
    2. TPM
    3. ANH
    4. ROTS
    5. ESB
    6. ROTJ. Besides the Ewoks who I find really annoying, it is really such a great movie.

12. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Empire. The best in 1980 and still the best in 2005.

13. FORCE_SKIN

FORCE_SKIN Jedi Master star 4

Oct 17, 2003
    1st-Empire Strikes Back (amazing)

Followed by...

2nd-A New Hope (brilliant)
    3rd-Return of the Jedi (very good)
    4th-Attack of the clones (good)
    5th-Revenge of the Sith (ok)
    6th-The Phantom Menace (pants)

14. Sidious-3

Sidious-3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 16, 2005
    1. ROTJ/ROTS
    2. ROTJ/ROTS
    3. A New Hope
    4. AOTC
    5. ESB
    6. TPM (could have had better potential)

15. batmanbegins

batmanbegins Jedi Youngling

Jun 17, 2005
    Revenge Of The Sith.

16. POTAStar

POTAStar Jedi Master star 2

May 26, 2001
    could have had better potential Sidious 3? What does that mean?

17. TrueJedi

TrueJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 22, 2000
    ROTS.

What happened to the TPM Defense Force? Have they abdicated their responsibility? TPM is the least liked SW film according to this poll. Back in 1999, it was the most loved. Go figure.

18. Yodas-evil-twin

Yodas-evil-twin Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 3, 2005
  19. quiller

quiller Jedi Master star 2

Jun 1, 2005
    For the record I was 15 when I saw ANH and have been a dedicated fan ever sense...

I have only seen ROTS a few times need to watch it on DVD to make my final choice but for now...

1. ROTJ - we finally see what a Jedi can do? don't mind the ewoks..
    2. ROTS - love all the fighting ... very emotional
    3. ESB - hmmm moves very well no slow points
    4. AOTC - I do like all the battles... do not mind the love scene that much
    5. TPM - It's back.......
    6. ANH - original is still way cool....

I must say very little seperates the final four... mostly on what I am in a mood to watch....

20. DARTHJOSEPH

DARTHJOSEPH Jedi Youngling star 2

May 11, 2005
    1. ANH...w/out this movie you wouldn't even be here!
    2. ESB...best story
    3. ROTS...finally a GOOD prequel
    4. ROTJ...would have been better w/out Ewoks
    5. TPM...I find Jar Jar more tolerable than Hayden anyday
    6. AOTC...if it wasn't for the last 30 min. I'd have no use for this one!

21. Darthdesert

Darthdesert Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 19, 2005
    1 ROTS (best visuals, the best dialogues in the entire saga, Palpatine and Yoda rule, Obi Wan exceptional)
    2 TESB (dark impressive, most impressive...Darth Vader is just almighty and invincible)
    3 TPM (visuals, real Jedis and Sith in action, the battle of the droids, the music Duel of fates, the pod racer)
    4 ANH (was the first one, no comments)
    5 ROTJ (good movie, but the ewoks and weak appearence of Vader did bother me a bit)
    6 AOTC (good, but the Geonosis looked really fake same as the clone war, the acting was bad and saber duels weren't good as I expected, Yoda jumped a lot but nothing else)

22. Darth_Brader

Darth_Brader Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2005
    FINALLY someone who thinks ATOC is the worst of them all. I have tried so hard to get that "Star Wars Feel" from ATOC but I just can't.

here is my list

1. ROTS-TESB
    2. ROTS-TESB
    3. ROTJ
    4. ANH
    5. TPM
    6. ATOC

23. Order67

Order67 Jedi Youngling

Jun 23, 2005

TOP TIER:
    1) ROTS - Most emotionally powerful. Most focused narrative. Most soul. Simply put, the best Star Wars movie, for many different reasons.

2) ESB - A very close second, simply not as powerful as ROTS. Great plot, great structure, amazing climax.

3) ANH - Just textbook filmmaking, the simplest Star Wars film, but also in the top tier. Great structure, great pace, great ties to mythology.

SECOND TIER:
    4) AOTC - Another sound film, and underrated film. Has as much heart and soul in Anakin's character as ANH does with Luke. Falls flat in dealing with Padme for the romance, the only thing stopping this from being as good as ESB or ANH.

5) TPM - Another structually sound and highly underrated film. Sure, Jar Jar is annoying, but there is just so much good in this film that its backlash is completely undeserved.

6) ROTJ - Tough putting this here at the bottom b/c its so much fun, and it, like all the SW films, is a great film. But the story is just too plot driven and the structure is a little haphazard. Act two and act three are indistinguishable.

24. Jedi_in_Love

Jedi_in_Love Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 15, 2005
    Here's how I would rank them as of today . Favorite to least but always subject to change

RotS- Best scoring,direction,acting,action,begining of them all. Key to the whole Saga.When the DVD comes out the I'll likely watch most with ....
    ANH - . Darth Vader passing through that cloud of smoke on the Tantative great intro . Like the way the characters and their motivations were introduced considering this is the middle of the story.
    RotJ- Love it!The space battle , DV unmasked and redeemed, Ewoks and all.
    TESB- Hoth!Still my favorite battle scene.
    TPM - To the point .Good start to the saga.
    AotC - Before RotS number 2 on my list. RotS exposes the story( a lot can be condensed or eliminated)/editing problems.

25. tumblebug

tumblebug Jedi Youngling

Jun 23, 2005
    1 ROTS

2 AOTC

3 ESB

4 ANH

5 TPM

6 ROTJ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.