Which of the 6 films is your FAVORITE?

Discussion in 'Revenge of the Sith' started by DarthSapient, May 19, 2005.

?

Which of the 6 films is your FAVORITE?

Poll closed Mar 25, 2012.
The Phantom Menace 23 vote(s) 1.1%
Attack of the Clones 38 vote(s) 1.8%
Revenge of the Sith 907 vote(s) 42.7%
A New Hope 295 vote(s) 13.9%
The Empire Strikes Back 672 vote(s) 31.6%
Return of the Jedi 191 vote(s) 9.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wester547 Force Ghost

star 4
    ANH - or the REAL, ORIGINAL STAR WARS - is my all-time favorite. Nothing will change that. I grew up with it and the rest of the OT.

2. namnlos Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yoshifett, the 1% for Episodes I and II doesn't show that people dislike them - look at you own list - just because you don't put AotC or TPM at a tie for the top spot, doesn't mean that you don't like them, does it? ;)

MNy favourite Episode is usually RotJ, so that's where my single vote went, meaning that RotS, TPM, AotC, ANH and ESB were all left with a big fat zero votes from me - does that indicate that I don't like them, or does it just reflect the fact that we only have one vote to give? ;)

A poll that would be really fun would be one where you award points to each Episode in order of how much you like them:
    favourite would get points, second favourite would get 5 points, third favourite would get 4 points, 4th favourite would get 3 points, 5th favourite would get 2 points, and sixth favourite would get 1 point - it might give a more correct idea of the standings of each Episode within this online section of the fanbase [face_thinking]
  3. TheSith14 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Defiently ROTS because it got the most gripping story and awesome special effects!
  4. Anni_Padme Jedi Knight

star 1
    Revenge of the Sith. NO CONTEST. Hands down the most emotionally engaging and thrilling film of the saga. So many adjectives to describe its wonder - outstanding, exceptional, terrific, wonderful, stupendous, dazzling, marvellous, excellent, tremendous - that simply don't do it justice. Loved it with all my heart. Bravo, George... bravo! =D=
  5. Darth_Insanity Jedi Youngling

star 2
  6. Cloned_Sidious Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    The Empire Strikes Back.

Definitely.
  7. KEVINBACON Jedi Youngling

THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK!

Hi everyone! I'm new here! I just tried voting and it said I have already voted - not sure my this message would display - I have not voted on these boards before, nor posted - this is my first posting. Any ideas why I can't vote? Is it because I am newly registered, or is it because the poll has closed?

8. emnphc Jedi Padawan

REVENGE OF THE SITH is my personal favorite, followed by ATTACK OF THE CLONES.
  9. METAVOID Jedi Knight

If you go back and reread my post, I said it was the "main reason" not the only reason. Sure ESB has a lot going for it, But the internet created a bias because of all the spoilers. Which gives ESB an added edge. I think if ESB and ROTS was truly juxtaposed without the spoiling of the internet, ROTS would have the lead. It has more action. The opening space battle clearly blows the Hoth battle to smithereens. You get to see Anakin turn. You get to see Obi Wan in his prime. And Yoda dueling with Sidious. It is certainly more dark. Don't get me wrong, ESB is my second fave but I have to say that ROTS has eclipsed them all.
  10. ianthegreat Jedi Padawan

Revenge of the Sith is the best of all. Best acted, most emotional, and the darkest.

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love]
  11. Amon_Amarth Force Ghost

star 5
    Return of the Jedi is the best in my opinion. It is closely followed by ROTS.
  12. ztn Jedi Knight

star 1
    Empire Strikes Back.

Bar none. It's critically the most acclaimed and with good reason. It was the best directed and acted of all 6. No contest...and the experts agree.

NOTE: ROTS could have been the best if the directing was better. Instead it was,in the words of one critic, "a flawed masterpiece". Oh well. It was still good.
  13. jangoisadrunk Jedi Master

star 4
    Rottentomato.com had an interesting article back when the movie came out. They researched the old reviews for ESB that came out in and around 1980 (ignoring reviews for the SE) and discovered that the critics at the time almost universally HATED ESB. It only scored a 36% on this retro-tomatometer. I don't think it is terribly accurate to say "the experts agree." Today's experts were kids and teens then and reviewed the SEs with the same childlike innocence. It's something to think about, at the very least.
  14. vong333 Force Ghost

star 4
    The Empire Strikes Back and Star Wars: A New Hope are definitely my favorites, with Revenge of the Sith right up their.
  15. darkscout36 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Return of the jedi, nothing beats that end space battle. really nice lightsaber scene with luke and vader. Behind the "I am your father" scene in ESB, the Vader betraying Palpatine scene comes 2nd in terms of most memorable scenes.
  16. spaceball1 Jedi Youngling

1) ROTS-The only film of the group that stirred my emotions
    2) ESB-Biggest surprises and best lines
    3) ANH-The original movie that started it all and inspired the imagination of millions
    4) TPM-After watching it a few times and having seen Sith, it moves up
    5) ROTJ-The grand finale but Luke is spastic with the light saber and those ewoks
    6) AOTC-I understand that Anakin has to be shown as a rebellious teen who can't control his emotions but the acting, terrible.

But I still love them all
  17. RVZ Jedi Padawan

I thought REvenge of the Sith and Attack of the Clones were both great. i think that the older trilogy isnt as exciting as the new one
  18. starwarsagent Jedi Youngling

star 5
    ANy movie from the PT. so I voted for ROTS. but I kinda prefer TPM. But ROTS is hot right now. :)

SWA.
  19. Walkersky Jedi Knight

star 2
  20. OBIWAN-JR Force Ghost

star 6
    It's still Revenge, and having seen it around 50 times now, I don't foresee it changing.

Tie for second between TESB and AOTC.

-JR :)
  21. Kenobi_Kid Jedi Master

star 4
    The Empire Strikes back, followed so closely that it might even be a tie, by Revenge of the sith.
  22. ewanrules Jedi Padawan

1. Sith
    2. Clones
    3. Hope
    4. Empire
    5. Phantom
    6. Jedi
  23. darthangelus7 Jedi Master

star 2
    I am one of the few 30 yr olds that enojyed the PT more than the OT:

1. ROTS
    2. TPM
    3.AOTC
    4. ROTJ
    5. ESB
    6. ANH
  24. Chance the Jedi Force Ghost

star 5
    ROTS and im getting the dvd the first day its in stores and go to best buy to buy it its more cheaper its like 20 bucks there.
  25. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost

star 4
    If you were to rate the percentages of the all the critics' reviews, for all the Star Wars movies, at the time they came out, what were they be?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.