main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Which of the new characters are you most excited about?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Palpadious, Jul 11, 2015.

?

Which new character are you the most excited about?

1. Rey (Daisy Ridley)

25 vote(s)
    24.8%
  2. Finn (John Boyega)

15 vote(s)
    14.9%
  3. Poe Dameron (Oscar Isaac)

10 vote(s)
    9.9%
  4. Kylo Ren (Adam Driver)

22 vote(s)
    21.8%
  5. Captain Phasma (Gwendoline Christie)

4 vote(s)
    4.0%
  6. General Hux (Domhnall Gleeson)

1 vote(s)
    1.0%
  7. Maz Kanata (Lupita Nyong'o)

4 vote(s)
    4.0%
  8. Supreme Leader Snoke (Andy Serkis)

12 vote(s)
    11.9%
  9. BB-8

2 vote(s)
    2.0%
  10. Other

6 vote(s)
    5.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Forcesensitive01

Forcesensitive01 Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 17, 2015
    Based just off of the role in TFA, I am most excited for Rey ( mostly figuring out the nonsense behind her heritage, this is seriously confusing now) and Kylo Ren, who I think will be one of the most frightening characters in the saga, mostly because at the end of the day he might be right about his motives. As John Campea said once, the best villains are the ones who can convince that they are doing the right thing. Kylo's morality in this film will obviously be explored and I am really looking forward to it. Rey on the other hand is just going to be an ass-kicking hero, what more could we want?

As far as the whole ST goes, I want to see Luke. How powerful is he? How has he changed? What perspective does he have on the galaxy and the force as a whole? Too many things unanswered to not make him anyone's most anticipated character of the trilogy.

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    i'm not sure. first thing that i think is Rey, then there's Phasma, but i don't even know how big of a role she'll have or not. So Rey for now.

3. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Hands down Bobba Joe.

JediKnightWax likes this.
  4. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Finn,
    then Poe and BB-8.

5. forzaskywalker

forzaskywalker Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 18, 2014
    Kylo--Adam drivers an exceptional actor and this role seems tailor made for him. Finn comes in second because of his intriguing beginning story and boyega's acting prowess. Rey/Poe third--Oscar, too, is great, but we know nothing about daisy's acting chops.

6. JBFett007

JBFett007 Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 23, 2014
    Poe Dameron, for that awesome name.

Satipo likes this.
  7. obi_kenobi_24

obi_kenobi_24 Force Ghost star 4

Aug 17, 2003
    I don't know how anyone could answer this all that great......with so little info out there about them.....They've given us next to squat about what's actually happening in this movie.

This question should be more like.......what's your favorite character archetype in stories and which of the new actors do you think is it most aligned with.

8. AdamSkywalker

AdamSkywalker Jedi Master star 2

Nov 2, 2014
    Rey and closely followed by Kylo and Finn.

9. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I said Rey. Followed by Finn, Maz, and Snoke.

10. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    Right now? Rey. She seems to be the mix of cute and badass. [face_love]

whostheBossk and CairnsTony like this.
  11. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    Other... others. All of them!

12. Max@TSWP

Max@TSWP Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 21, 2014
    Snoke without question. Serkis is going to make him legendary.

13. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    It's very, very close between Rey, Finn, Poe, and Kylo, but... I'm gonna have to give it to my man Poe. Finn was winning out for a while, and I still have a sneaking feeling he might end up being my favorite character in the film, but man, every time I see more of Poe or hear Isaac talk about the film, I get excited. I'm still very excited to see both Rey and Kylo; I think we're all going to fall in love with the main cast of this film.

14. Darth Dookacas

Darth Dookacas Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2014
    Kylo because he looks like he will be a great villain.[​IMG][​IMG]

DaddlerTheDalek likes this.
  15. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    Rey, first and foremost. I love female heroes, not sleazy sex characters but heroes who are actually good and heroic and impressive, either physically or morally, and I hope she'll be both. When I was little, even before Star Wars came out, I was a huge fan of the Wizard of Oz and Dorothy was a hero of mine. And I also was a big fan of Mary Marvel, who of course was modeled after Dorothy, and Supergirl. So I don't look at female heroes as sex objects, I look at them as good and kind and inspirational. Despite being a male, Luke is a very Dorothy kind of character and the original Star Wars has a lot of Wizard of Oz in it. And of course Leia is a great hero herself. That's probably a lot of why it appealed to me so much as a child.

Also Finn. Finn is the everyman character kind of like Uncle Owen (who I wished had a bigger part in the PT), despite his background as a Stormtrooper. But even the OT Stormtroopers kind of seemed like average joes. I think the scene with the burning of the village and Finn refusing to go along with it comes straight from the Vietnam war, and I think he'll be a really easy to like character. John Boyega brings a lot of energy and credibility to his roles, and he's got the sort of charisma that makes the audience care for and root for him.

Finally, Kylo Ren. He has big shoes to fill, but I really like the obsessed angle they're taking with him. I think he'll be interesting and a great villain.

EHT likes this.
  16. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001
  17. Palpatine2016

Palpatine2016 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    Kylo Ren without a doubt, but mainly because I'm a sucker for the baddies. Possibly Snoke once we know more about him.

18. Rookhelm

Rookhelm Jedi Master star 4

Sep 22, 2014
    Poe and phasma myself

19. Rou-eru

Rou-eru Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 8, 2013
    Excited to learn more about Rey and Kylo Ren. Have a feeling Poe Dameron will be my favorite character though.

20. mickythejedi

mickythejedi Jedi Knight

Aug 9, 2014
    Rey for sure - she will be our new Luke. Followed by Poe - he just looks like a total badass and has this great Han Solo vibe.

CairnsTony likes this.
  21. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    Rey without a shadow of a doubt; she just looks so badass.

I'm excited about all of them though and remain ever the optimist that we are in for an absolute treat. :)

Satipo likes this.
  22. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    Poe. But all of the rest seem cool too.

23. Shakez

Shakez Jedi Master star 3

Aug 22, 2014
    Finn followed by Kylo Ren and Poe.

24. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    I think they have collected an excellent New Three.
    But I am interested to see what they do with Phasma. I hope she has a good meaty role, and doesn't get Bobba Fetted.

Apart from that, I am so happy Warwick Davis is back. I'm sure you all knew that, but it it's happy news to me.
    [​IMG]

25. DarthSheev

DarthSheev Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 9, 2015
    All of them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.