main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Which of the "other powers" would you like to see more of?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ghost, Feb 10, 2013.

?

Which "other powers" would you like to see more of?

1. Hutts

28.1%
  2. Mandalorians

24.6%
  3. Chiss

31.6%
  4. Hapans

17.5%
  5. Corporate Sector

33.3%
  6. Bothan Space

12.3%
  7. Vong/Separatist/Confederation/Rakata holdouts

36.8%
  8. Killiks, Ssi Ruuk, Vaagari, Sorcerers of Rhand, Tof, Nagai, Mngall-Mngall

24.6%
  9. Aing-Tii, Gree, Duinuogwuin, Yevetha, Abominor, Silentium, Pius Dea, Black Sun, Banking Clan

28.1%
  10. Other (please say who)

14.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    (Multiple-Choice poll is included)

The "major powers" in the galaxy are usually:

* the Galactic Republic, or the Rebel Alliance, or the New Republic, or the Galactic Alliance

* the Sith Empire, or the Galactic Empire, or the Imperial Remnant, or the Fel Empire

But there are "other powers" in the galaxy too, including but not limited to:

1. the Hutts
    2. the Mandalorians
    3. the Chiss
    4. the Hapans
    5. Corporate Sector
    6. Bothan Space
    7. Yuuzhan Vong on Zonama Sekot and possibly holdouts
    8. Separatist holdouts
    9. Confederation holdouts
    10. Rakata Infinite Empire remnants
    11. Killiks
    12. Ssi-Ruuk
    13. Vagaari
    14. Sorcerers of Rhand
    15. Tof
    16. Nagai
    17. Mnggal-Mnggal
    18. Aing-Tii
    19. Gree
    20. Duinuogwuin
    21. Yevetha
    22. Abominor
    23. Silentium
    24. Pius Dea
    25. Black Sun
    26. InterGalactic Banking Clan (and perhaps new Trade Federation, Techno Union, Commerce Guild, Corporate Alliance, etc.)

Instead of continuing to recycle the Jedi versus Sith, Republic versus Empire plot (although it can be interesting if mixed-up in a creative way)... which "other powers" would you like to see play more of a rule in the future?

Sable_Hart likes this.
  2. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Personally, I want to see Hutts elevate themselves to the same level as the Trade Federation through some shifty dealings and book-cooking. And then some other higher government power ends up owing a lot of money (or some really big favor) to the Hutts because their officials were stupid enough to become involved in some crafty pyramid scheme. Let's see a ton of white-collar crimes, officials on house-arrest, and the Hutts running the place.

CT-867-5309 and Ulicus like this.
  3. COMPNOR

COMPNOR Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 19, 2003
    The Hiromi.

YAAAYYYYY!!!!!

Or more of the Corporate Sector. Scourge was a step in that direction, but I'd really like to see some literature showcasing the exploits of Odumin as he climbs higher and higher up the corporate ladder.

4. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    The Senex-Juvex sector and Separatist holdouts for me.

5. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    All of them, any of them.

6. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    I voted for Hutts, Chiss, Corporate Sector and Vong holdouts. (Don't care about the Seppies, Confederation and Rakata at all, mind you)

But of those, the Hutts are the ones I want more of the most.

7. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    How about new minor powers? The galaxy is a big place, and I'm tired of seeing all the same lesser states all the time.

8. DarthApprentice

DarthApprentice Jedi Knight star 1

May 17, 2011
    I voted Hutts and Chiss. I think the Chiss should have been expanded on already...

Summer Dreamer likes this.
  9. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Silentium. I want to see giant living droids play sabacc with puny humans on a more regular basis.

10. Ice1605

Ice1605 Jedi Master star 1

Aug 10, 2006
    I would LOVE to see the Chiss expanded on, and the Unknown Regions would make a great setting for new stories. We have been introduced to a few interesting Chiss characters, but that just makes me want to read about them more.

DarthApprentice likes this.
  11. Plaristes

Plaristes Jedi Master star 3

Jul 2, 2007
    I voted for the last three options. My "others": the Order of the Terrible Glare, Force Demons, Blazing Chain, the Order of the Silver Jedi, Ailon Nova Guard, the Disciples of Twilight, the Ember of Vahl

LelalMekha likes this.
  12. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    Corporate Sector
    Non-criminal Hutts (The politicians and military)
    Pius Dea
    Bureau of Ships and Services
    Herglics
    Ishori and Diamala
    Tion Hegemony
    Alasakan
    Denon

darthscott3457 likes this.
  13. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    I voted for all options (except other, since I'd rather we focus on those who haven't gotten much attention than create new ones to add to the list and be forgotten about)... but I definitely agree that, of the major "other powers," it's the Hutts and the Chiss that are being underutilized the most.

The Sorcerers of Rhand and Mnggal-Mngall are also begging to be covered, eventually.Since they're in the Unknown Regions, maybe it can be a plot of the Jedi allying with the Chiss and perhaps the Imperials (with the GA keeping out of it) to contain these threats, and other threats from the Unknown Regions? Perhaps that's where the Abominor and Silentium remnants are, too? This should be the future of Jaina/Jag stories.

There definitely needs to be more exploration of Hutt Space too... they're part of the known galaxy, but outsiders hardly ever get to explore it or even know what's there. I wouldn't mind seeing more underworld-related stuff with the Hutts and Black Sun, but I'd like to see more of Hutt Space (where it's not the underworld, but their society) too. This should be the future of Ben Skywalker stories.

The Aing-Tii and the Gree are really alien, exotic, and overall interesting too. I'm not sure how they could be tied into the stories more, but I want it done! I'm glad we finally got a little of the Aing-Tii in FOTJ, but I was disappointed in thelittle we got.

LelalMekha and Mia Mesharad like this.
  14. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    The Vong! The founding of the CIS. Black Sun, Corporate Sector!

15. The Kulvax Sisters

The Kulvax Sisters Jedi Master star 2

Jan 10, 2013
    After playing the Bounty Hunter class in SWTOR:

Mandalore! Mandalore! Mandalore!

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  16. 16AndPregnant

16AndPregnant Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 19, 2013
    It amazes me how easy Hutts rose to power. They were just mere slugs and had little physical strengths, yet they controlled many things and possessed all of those slaves and guards to protect them (exp: Jabba). I would like to see more CIS, Mandolorian, and Rakata.

17. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

How can any of these minor entities even be called powers compared to the Hutts? :p

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iaiol79ifdwx8bx/puny%20seperatists.jpg?m

Some more stuff about the Senex/Juvex could be nice though.

They already pretty much are more powerful ;)

Summer Dreamer likes this.
  18. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    They are, but let's elevate them even higher. They're Hutts. Give them more power, else they feed you to various monstrous creatures that they like to keep as pets.

Gorefiend likes this.
  19. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    If there's one power I don't want to see more of it's the Hapans; that they have so much prominence in the post-NJO Lit it dismays me to this day! Seriously, they're so oversaturated that it doesn't feel like I'm reading SW anymore.

Ghost and Gorefiend like this.
  20. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Okay, I'll admit it. If a book/comic so much as mentions the Corporate Sector, it's probably going to get an "awesome" rating from me.

21. King of Alsakan

King of Alsakan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2007
    I would definitely like to see a lot more from the individual planetary governments and militaries that make up the Republic, and a lot less from the Republic itself. More stuff like the Alsakan conflicts and other inter-planetary conflicts would great. I would especially like to see more from Alsakan, Anaxes, Axum, Kuat, Corellia, Humbarine, Rendili, Esseles, Grizmallt, and Atresia to name just a few :)

New independent entities within the boarders would also be cool. Other than that I wouldn't mind seeing some more from the species that come from outside of the Galaxy and the Celestials.

22. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Me I want to know what happened to the Tof and the Nagai

23. jSarek

jSarek VIP star 4 VIP

Feb 18, 2005
    The Centrality. The Atrisian Commonwealth. The Herglics. The Thyrsus Sun Guard. The Trianii Rangers.

Iron_lord and Gamiel like this.
  24. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Actually, now that I think about it... We've heard of the Elders of Gand and we've seen the ruetsavii... We know of the society's somewhat isolationist attitude... But, we have not yet really seen them as a political power. We need to see Gand throw their collective hat into the ring.

25. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Wouldn’t Gand by smack in the middle of the Hutt influence? Seeing how it sits pretty much right next to the Centrality (which was a Hutt client state until the Empire) and the Edge of Hutt space.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.