main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Which of the Star Wars movie soundtracks is your favorite?

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Darkslayer, May 10, 2014.

?

Favorite Star Wars Score?

1. The Phantom Menace

24 vote(s)
    10.4%
  2. Attack of the Clones

10 vote(s)
    4.3%
  3. Revenge of the Sith

68 vote(s)
    29.6%
  4. A New Hope

27 vote(s)
    11.7%
  5. The Empire Strikes Back

74 vote(s)
    32.2%
  6. Return of the Jedi

27 vote(s)
    11.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JarJarAbrams

JarJarAbrams Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 24, 2015
    The Ewok Adventures soundtracks

2. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    I voted for Revenge of the Sith but I like the soundrack of he other movies equally.

3. DarthSheev

DarthSheev Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 9, 2015
    Definitely A New Hope

The original Star Wars score has a very different feel from the rest of the soundtracks. Its style seems more classical, inspired by the great composers that left their mark before Williams came along. This score introduced probably the two most essential themes in the Star Wars musical canon, the Main Title (Luke's Theme) and the Force theme. Princess Leia's theme is gorgeous and I really like the Imperial motif, Death Star motif, and Rebel fanfare. Some of the most powerful Force theme moments to me are in this score; from the majestic beauty of Binary Sunset, to the mystical and otherworldly Tales of a Jedi Knight, to the chill inducing Burning Homestead, to the inspiring brass fanfares in the Battle of Yavin, to the victorious Throne Room March, it's all fantastic. The last three songs on the second disc of the soundtrack (Ben Kenobi's Death/TIE Fighter Attack, the Battle of Yavin, and The Throne Room/End Title is my all time favorite sequence of tracks out of all the Star Wars soundtracks. John Williams is a complete genius. What more can I say. And both Cantina songs are awesome. I actually prefer #2 to be honest. Seems more alien to me.

ArtSchmo likes this.
  4. L110

L110 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 26, 2014
    All of them.

5. Saga Explorer

Saga Explorer Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 14, 2015
    =D= For various reasons one soundtrack has something to offer what the other doesn't and the other way around.

6. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    Of the six so far, The Empire Strikes Back is my favorite. Though to be fair, I love them all.

7. Pain and Suffering

Pain and Suffering Jedi Master star 3

Mar 8, 2015
    1) Revenge of the Sith - I love the dark, sad tones of the soundtrack. It matches the movie perfectly. The main title is my favorite out of the six films as well. I love the sad violin laced with Across the Stars theme in Anakin's Dream. Padme's ruminations is very sinister and creepy, as well as sad, and again I like the small Across the Stars piece. I had to listen to it many times before I realized it was there. Overall, the soundtrack captures the sadness of Anakin's fall and the end of the Republic and the Jedi very well.

2) Return of the Jedi - Love the suspenseful Pit of Carkoon, Luke and Leia's theme, and of course all three Battles of Endor, especially the second one. "The Dark Side Beckons" is one of the reasons I bought the album, and it does not disappoint. And of course the wonderful Victory Celebration. It captures both the sadness and the happiness for the conclusion of the saga.

3) Attack of the Clones - Across the stars is one of the best themes ever, and it captures Anakin and Padme's leave better than anything else ever will. I like how the music of the soundtrack is mixed between light-hearted and darker tones.

4) The Empire Strikes Back - I love the soundtrack, especially the Bespin parts. I like how The Clash of Lightsabers sounds similar to Anakin vs Obi-Wan.

5) The Phantom Menace - the album is mostly light-hearted throughout, just like the film. There are dark foreshadowings, however, like Duel of the Fates and Qui-Gon's funeral. Love Anakin's Theme especially. It's dreamy and wishful,with a bit of dark foreshadowing at the end.

6) A New Hope - This one is my least favorite (although I still like it quite a bit) largely because there just aren't that many themes. It is still a wonderful soundtrack, though, and brought to us many classics like the Catina Band, Jawa Sandcrawler, Ben Kenobi's Death/TIE Fighter Attack, and The Hologram/Binary Sunset.

darskpine10 likes this.
  8. Mockinjay404

Mockinjay404 Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2015
    All of them have awesome soundtracks.
    I like "Across the Stars" from episode 2

mes520 likes this.
  9. Cyreides

Cyreides Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 19, 2014
    ROTS for this

followed by TPM for Duel Of The Fates

10. Howard Hand

Howard Hand Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2015
    The Force Awakens. BB8's theme is amazing!

11. oierem

oierem Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2009
    Umm?? How so? The music is the same in all the main titles of the PT.

12. Saga Explorer

Mar 14, 2015
    What ?!

13. oierem

Mar 18, 2009
    Are you referring to the music during the opening scroll/main credits?

14. Saga Explorer

Mar 14, 2015
    What are you referring to ?(Your statement was a bit confusing)

15. oierem

Mar 18, 2009
    You said the main title music of episode III is your favourite out of the six films. I was just confused, since the main title music is the same as in the previous episodes.

16. Saga Explorer

Mar 14, 2015
    1.It was Pain and Suffering ,not me who said this.:p
    2.I think as in "main title" he meant the main score of the movie,Battle of the Heroes.

17. Pain and Suffering

Pain and Suffering Jedi Master star 3

Mar 8, 2015
    I'm talking about the part that plays directly after the main title. Those are all different in every film. In all the other films the music usually sort of pauses, but in ROTS it kind of picks right away into the action of the Battle Over Coruscant. I guess technically it's not the main title, but the song that plays afterwards is always combined with the main title on the soundtrack.

18. oierem

Mar 18, 2009
    Oh ok, got it. Although, actually, the soundtrack doesn't contain the film version of that moment: in the film it DOES pause before getting into the action, whereas the soundtrack album is edited differently.

19. Huttslime

Huttslime Jedi Padawan star 2

Apr 1, 2015
    Revenge of the Sith, followed by Return of the Jedi

20. AuroraRogersSkywalker

AuroraRogersSkywalker Jedi Padawan

Apr 11, 2015
    I didn't even vote in that poll because I can't decide. XD Duel of the Fates is probably my favorite song in SW, but the overall music of Episodes III and IV is so good, and I love Across the Stars and The Throne Room and countless other things. |>.<

Seagoat likes this.
  21. James T Kirk

James T Kirk Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 22, 2015
    It was a tough choice. IMO you can throw a rock blindfolded at any of the original trilogy films, all so good. But Jedi wins it for me simply because of the piece during Luke and Vaders final showdown (I think its part of the Battle of Endor II medley).

22. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    ESB. The reoccuring Imperial March theme.

23. StarWarrior92

StarWarrior92 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 7, 2011
    Hard choice, but I ultimately pick TPM. ROTS is a close second though.

24. Prequel_Rubbish

Prequel_Rubbish Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 5, 2014
    Rebel Fleet / End Title. The Empire Strikes Back.

PymParticles likes this.
  25. Prequel_Rubbish

Prequel_Rubbish Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 5, 2014
    A very good choice. It's called "The Dark Side Beckons" and it is part of the Battle of Endor medley.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.