main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Which of the Star Wars movie soundtracks is your favorite?

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Darkslayer, May 10, 2014.

?

Favorite Star Wars Score?

1. The Phantom Menace

24 vote(s)
    10.4%
  2. Attack of the Clones

10 vote(s)
    4.3%
  3. Revenge of the Sith

68 vote(s)
    29.6%
  4. A New Hope

27 vote(s)
    11.7%
  5. The Empire Strikes Back

74 vote(s)
    32.2%
  6. Return of the Jedi

27 vote(s)
    11.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Personally I don't really listen to the unused cues that much (since they weren't in the final film I have a harder time associating images with them), so I don't mind that they aren't in the TPM UE.

darskpine10 likes this.
  2. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    The only unused cue I really like was Tatooine Rendezvous from ROTJ, and only because it was used in one of the deleted scenes.

There are a few parts of the Battle of Hoth Medley that are nice too.

3. Mandalore The Ultimate

Mandalore The Ultimate Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 15, 2015
    The Empire Strikes Back and A New Hope.

4. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    Been listening to the AOTC score, man did I underrate that one.

5. ManlyEwok

ManlyEwok Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 23, 2014
    The Empire Strikes Back is definitely the best score, but I gotta say, The Phantom Menace had a really great score also...probably, my second favorite...

Darkslayer likes this.
  6. oierem

oierem Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2009
    You'd probably be surprised to know how many unused cues/sections/bits you listen to, without realizing they don't appear in the films. Lots of tiny bits are cut for editing reasons (and aren't in the TPM UE)

Darkslayer likes this.
  7. Tych_sel

Tych_sel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    I've always considered ROTJ to be my favorite movie, and I think it's also the most evolved of the OT scores. A New Hope brought us an amazing amount of music, and TESB brought us one of the most iconic pieces of movie music ever written (The Imperial March), but that theme seems to overshadow everything in the score. Looking back at the OT scores, in TESB, it's tough to find a track where The Imperial March doesn't make some kind of appearance. Of the PT scores, I have to say that I prefer ROTS, but really wish we'd gotten a full release of the music from that film. The score's good, but I feel like there's a fair amount missing.

Alienware likes this.
  8. RainSolo

RainSolo Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 31, 2015
    Even if Empire just had the Asteroid Chase theme over and over it would probably still be my favorite of the six films score-wise! :p It does have a number of other great tracks though, e.g Han Solo and the Princess, Yodas force theme (I cant remember the exact name) and Lando's Palace, which I'm strangely fond of for some reason. The Phantom Menace actually comes a close second for me though, it has a surprisingly good score, with some highlights being Anakins theme and the obvious Duel of the Fates.

cwustudent and PymParticles like this.
  9. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    I really like the AOTC one.

Matthaeus Sunrider likes this.
  10. RainSolo

RainSolo Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 31, 2015

As much as I didn't like the way the Anakin/Padme romance was handled in AOTC, the "Across The Stars" theme that accompanies it is epic!

11. Davak24

Jul 15, 2015
    Yes, it is.

12. Jae-Dec

Jae-Dec Jedi Master star 3

May 20, 2013
    Have to go with ANH; I can listen to "Binary Sunset" all day.

Darth Sater likes this.
  13. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    ROTS for me. I'm a Millenial.

14. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    The Empire Strikes Back for me. "The Asteroid Field," "Han Solo and the Princess," "The Imperial March," "Yoda and the Force," "The Clash of Lightsabers," "Rebel Fleet/End Credits" all rank amongst my favorite pieces of music in any movie ever, let alone any Star Wars movie.

Howard Hand likes this.
  15. Matthaeus Sunrider

Matthaeus Sunrider Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 26, 2013
    I have to go with The Empire Strikes Back. It is not my favourite movie not because I don't like I happen to like The Phantom Menace the most. But the music of Empire just takes me away!! Such beautiful music. In the winter during snow storms I always listen to the Hoth battle music...

16. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    I agree, Lando's Palace is an underrated gem of music.

darskpine10 likes this.
  17. Davak24

Jul 15, 2015
    AOTC and ROTJ

Jedi with a TARDIS likes this.
  18. darthtimetraveller

darthtimetraveller Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 9, 2015
    I think RotS has the overall best soundtrack of the saga, but i like Duel of the Fates from TPM, and Vader's Imperial March theme from ESB. Across the Stars was good too.

JediMasterAang likes this.
  19. Kuro

Kuro Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 17, 2015
    It’s really hard to choose, since I love the first two so much, but, in the end, I have to give it to EMPIRE. I mean, for one thing, it has “The Imperial March”, so I can’t help but like it. Pretty much every track on here is a masterpiece, really. It seems, to me, to be the richest and most mature of his SW scores.

With that said, both STAR WARS and EMPIRE would be among my Top 10 Favorite All-Time Scores (SUPERMAN would also be in there, with RAIDERS just barely missing out).

20. Sith Lord 2015

Sith Lord 2015 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 30, 2015
    As a complete soundtrack I'd say Empire is my favorite, with ANH only slightly behind. As a single track it's probably "Across the Stars" that is my favorite SW music. But I also like "Battle of the Heroes", "Princess Leia's Theme", "Duel of the Fates" and "Luke and Leia" a lot. Really difficult to say, as every single episode has great music.

21. daniel brown

daniel brown Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 23, 2015
    100% Revenge of the Sith! Battle Of The Heroes is a masterpiece

Alienware and Deliveranze like this.
  22. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    Revenge of the Sith for me. Battle of the Heroes and Padme's Ruminations are certified CLASSIC imo

Alienware likes this.
  23. CoruscantDweller

CoruscantDweller Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 28, 2015
    I would have to say Revenge of the Sith I know the originals are classic and give Star Wars its trademark style however, that soundtrack was extremely fitting and really atmospheric. Padme's Ruminations in my personal opinion is one of John Williams best tracks for the Star Wars movies. Empire Strikes Back and ANH make a close second for me though a very close second. I really have a hard time deciding on which one like best because five the six can be my favorite on any given day. The only exception being AOTC not that it was bad it actually was great Across the stars is really beautiful however, the amount of iconic tracks for that one is a little less in my opinion.

24. Darth Apex

Darth Apex Jedi Youngling

Dec 16, 2015
    Personally went for PTM, wasn't my favorite movie, but the music was for me, one of the best part of it! especially duel of fates [face_love]

25. JediART05

JediART05 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 26, 2015
    I'd have to go with Revenge of the Sith as it is the most emotional for me and the only album I remember buying right when the film came out in 2005. I think it is far superior to the other prequel films with the exception of Anakin's Theme and Duel of the Fates. As a whole, however, it is far superior. Don't get me wrong, I have a soft spot for the original trilogy tunes, but the one I find always going back to, is this one.

Deliveranze and Alienware like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.