main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Which of the Star Wars soundtracks is your favorite?

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Strilo , Feb 8, 2016.

?

Which of the Star Wars soundtracks is your favorite?

1. The Phantom Menace

20 vote(s)
    10.1%
  2. Attack of the Clones

9 vote(s)
    4.5%
  3. Revenge of the Sith

74 vote(s)
    37.2%
  4. A New Hope

22 vote(s)
    11.1%
  5. The Empire Strikes Back

57 vote(s)
    28.6%
  6. Return of the Jedi

10 vote(s)
    5.0%
  7. The Force Awakens

7 vote(s)
    3.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002
    Anakin's Dark Deeds

It's been my SW earworm for the last 6 months and is pretty much the braintrack I have when I read any of the new Canon books.

Read the the pivotal bits of Bloodline with this playing behind and it is still PERFECT.

The PT was really on point as far as the music went ...

CDRomBeta likes this.
  2. CDRomBeta

CDRomBeta Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2016
    Revenge of the Sith! Not only my favorite movie by far, but the soundtrack is phenomenal!
    • Battle of the Heroes
    • Battle over Coruscant (although the real version isn't on the soundtrack)
    • Anakin's Betrayal
    • Anakin's Dark Deeds
    • Padmé's Destiny
    • Padmé's Ruminations

Neyo and Dinos4Ever like this.
  3. CDRomBeta

CDRomBeta Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2016
    That song is so underrated! Definitely one of my favorites in the whole saga.
    couldn't agree more!

Neyo and Chewies_bandolier like this.
  4. corinthia

corinthia Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 16, 2016
    ROTS! With AOTC a close second, namely because of Anakin and Padme's love theme. But I have to say ROTS will always take the cake. About 75% of the tracks either make my heart ache, face crumple, or literally cause me to start crying. Definitely an emotional roller coaster for me.

CDRomBeta likes this.
  5. SatineNaberrie

SatineNaberrie Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2014
    The Phantom Menace

6. Darth Sophis

Darth Sophis Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 5, 2016
    TPM would be my favourite, with AotC close behind. This is due to the mysteriousness exuding from many tracks, such as Journey Through The Planet Core and the Kamino themes. There is always a feeling of an invisible hand behind everything, as the immediate situations rarely reveal what is in the background. And I do include the expanded soundtracks in my assessment - there is even more of that there. Though to be fair, I'll listen to any of them any day!

7. Neyo

Neyo Jedi Padawan star 1

May 8, 2016
    Just ROTS. So many emotional and appropriate scores in a single movie! Simply the best movie soundtrack of all time not only Star Wars.

'Battle of the heroes' just met so perfectly the tragedy of the friendship of Anakin and Obiwan. I dont know if there will be ever such a perfect fitting score for a movie again.

John Williams is a God!

Seagoat likes this.
  8. AlexDG1

AlexDG1 Jedi Youngling

Jun 13, 2016
    I wish that Sony Classical had issued the complete scores to AotC and RotS like they did with TPM: The Ultimate Score. Yes, they would have been pricier than the 1-CD albums, but I like the RCA/Sony Classical Special Edition soundtracks to ANH, TESB, and RotJ.

Sith Lord 2015 and Darth Sophis like this.
  9. AlexDG1

AlexDG1 Jedi Youngling

Jun 13, 2016
    My favorite score?

Hard to say, since I love all of John Williams' Star Wars scores, but if you point a blaster at my head and press me to name just one, I'd have to say Star Wars - Episode IV: A New Hope.

10. xezene

xezene Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    All of the original 6 scores are incredible, but I actually really like Return of the Jedi. I will however join in the chorus of emphatic approval for the prequel soundtracks, which were all incredible.

As for TFA, I think it's pretty enjoyable, but it doesn't rival any of the others in my opinion.

11. Yodasfriend

Yodasfriend Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 18, 2016
    The imperial march is my favorite. If you learn it on guitar its great at parties, theres some dude playing metallica then you crank out the imperial march the reactions are always kewl.

12. JQ_Ronan

JQ_Ronan Jedi Youngling

Jun 17, 2016
    What if I said this is one of my favorites:

Neyo likes this.
  13. Lukers

Lukers Jedi Master star 1

Jun 16, 2016
    This is hard to say..

I'd probably go with The Empire Strike Back thanks to the Imperial March, Han Solo and the Princess, and all of the many themes and nuances that are in the Dagobah music. For being a sequel of such a huge and innovative movie, it does a good job of reinforcing previous motifs while introducing new ones and putting them at the forefront of the scene. But I love pretty much all of the scores equally. They all have new and interesting sounds to offer.

Revyl Ren likes this.
  14. Neyo

Neyo Jedi Padawan star 1

May 8, 2016
    I love this version of Battle of the Heroes!

SW Saga Fan likes this.
  15. Revyl Ren

Revyl Ren Jedi Master star 2

Aug 12, 2015
    For me it's mix and match: There's a few songs I like in the PT Soundtracks (obvious candidates like Battle of Heroes, Duel of Fates, Arrival of Darth Maul, and *especially* the Ending Credits of RotS, which is a perfect medley)

From ANH I especially like the Tatooine music (Jawas, Burning Homestead, Cantina) as well as Leia's Theme, Binary Sunset and the Ending Credits.

ESB is my overall favourite Soundtrack due to outstanding pieces like Battle of Hoth/Ion Cannon, Imperial March, Asteroid Field, the Bespin music, Yoda's Theme, Han Solo and the Princess etc.
    From RotJ I like Luke and Leia, Lapti Nek and the Forest Battle music. Oh, and the Emperor's theme.

If I had to chosr just one soundtrack, I'd chose ESB I guess, or ANH.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

16. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    My sentimental favorite has always been Star Wars. Even though Empire is a better and more complete score, and that summer of 1980 was magical with the soundtrack, you just can't beat the Tatooine score and, of course, The Battle Of Yavin/Throne Room/End Titles.

17. Jolee Bindo

Jolee Bindo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2016
    The Empire Strikes Back, with honourable mentions to all of them (except TFA, which I have yet to really warm to).

Rescue From Cloud City/Hyperspace is my current favourite, with a wonderfully moody rendition of the Imperial March followed by that thrilling escape music. It perfectly evokes probably my favourite point in the saga.

18. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Interesting how ROTS seems to have a fairly solid lead in the poll

(For the record, I have not voted on account of suffering from "I can't decide syndrome")

19. Rogue Eclipse

Rogue Eclipse Jedi Youngling

Jul 3, 2016
    I'd have to go with the Holiday Special, I just love all of the awesome musical numbers!
    [​IMG]
    For real though after pushing that pile of donkey crap aside, ROTS is my favorite soundtrack, but I did like certain songs in TPM and some in each of the three OT movies.
    (Disclamer: No songs from the glowing and seething pile of Chernobyl waste now known as the Star Wars Holiday Special are on my list of favorite songs (this probably goes without saying though))

20. Bob Effette

Bob Effette Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    The Empire Strikes Back

So many great motifs. In fact, during the end titles, the way that all the motifs are introduced one after the other reminds me of watching some great stage musical / theatrical production where each character performer comes back onto the stage one after the other at the end for the encore as the audience claps.

Revyl Ren likes this.
  21. Howard Hand

Howard Hand Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2015

Yeah, ROTS is a top-notch score like the others but I never thought it would rank 1st, especially by such a large margin.
    I think it helps that the JC forums are very prequel-centric in general.

22. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Eh.... it's about an even mix of "I love the prequels" and "I think they're meh" or "I hate them"
    I notice it especially in the TFA forum. But I don't get there often because the sheer amount of activity is a bit overwhelming

Though I'll say for sure this forum is frigging heaven for saga fans. That's the reason I came here to begin with, so

23. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    The Phantom Menace is my favourite of the soundtracks, as it's the most subtle of the scores.

It largely consists of more atmospheric pieces than most other of the films. The scenes at Anakin's dinner table, the Otoh Gunga backing music, anything on Coruscant. The music captures the themes of the film perfectly.

The action themes are top notch too, especially Escape from Naboo.

TOASTEROVEN and xezene like this.
  24. AllyoftheForce

AllyoftheForce Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2016
    Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope.

John Williams reached a whole new level of gravitas and operaticness with the ROTS soundtrack, it's epic in the truest sense of the word, while ANH features the most iconic SW tracks contained in one SW soundtrack imo. Though Empire's soundtrack has arguably the most recognizable cue out of all the films, the Imperial March, the tracks surrounding it don't match it in how well known and beloved it is; ANH is more consistent in terms of recognizability. Not only that, it's just more high quality and enjoyable, if only by a smidgen.

25. TyrannosaurTJ

TyrannosaurTJ Jedi Padawan star 1

May 7, 2016
    For me it's really a toss up between Empire Strikes Back and Revenge of the Sith actually.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.