main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

St. Lou, MO Which of these anime cartoons is cooler?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by maxreid, Aug 12, 2003.

?

Which of these anime cartoons is cooler?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. Inuyasha

60.0%
  2. Trigun

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Cowboy Bebop

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Blue Gender

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Big O

20.0%
  6. Gundam

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Pokemon (ha ha)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Digimon (yeah right)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Hamtaro (LMAO this cartoon sucks)

20.0%
  10. Lupin 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maxreid

maxreid Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 1, 2003
  2. maxreid

Aug 1, 2003
    I'd say that Inuyasha just barely beats Trigun. The last 4 I added in were jokes.

3. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    Trigun definately is an awesome anime. The character development is top notch as with story line.

But Inuyasha has all that, and then some. The way the character's lives have been interwoven is very well planned out. A great deal of time had to have gone into planning out relationships and the way the characters deal with one another and events, and it shows through.

If anyone hasn't seen either of these, I recommend you see them. But definately watch Trigun in Japanese. The American voice acting is terrible. The American version of Inuyasha is good, but the Japanese still beats it out. In fact the only anime I've seen that the english version is better for is Slayers. But that didn't make it on the list apparently...

4. quigon_brian

quigon_brian Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2001
    Anime sucks. If you want to watch a cartoon, watch something good like classic ninja turtles, south park, family guy.

5. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Yeah Bri, or just some classic roadrunner and coyotee action. I still crack up over those. I just can't get into most 'toons today, too campy and violent.
    D, S

6. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    At least anime can nail down a real story line. Unlike most american cartoons fed to ritalin addicted children today.

7. yodaismygod

yodaismygod Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    I refuse to vote in that pole, I cast my vote for Neon Genesis-Evangelion. The only one of those I have ever really seen is Trigun, it is ok but there are a lot of animes not allowed on American TV that are a whole lot better than those.

8. quigon_brian

Aug 16, 2001
    hate to tell you bub, but ritalin isn't an addictive drug

and if I want a real story, I'll watch a movie. cartoons are for making people laugh. don't believe me? watch Who Framed Roger Rabbit. it'll explain everything

9. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    Try watching a real anime. They toss in a funny episode here and there but most often they are not meant to laugh at and are filled with more story and themes than 100 movies combined.

Don't base your judgements of anime on "Who Framed Roger Rabbit".

10. quigon_brian

Aug 16, 2001
    no, what I'm saying is that roger rabbit shows us that cartoons are meant to be silly and goofy and make us laugh and smile. I definitely don't consider that anime.

and I've seen anime, I just don't enjoy it. the only "anime" I ever watched consitently was Pokemon freshman year of high school. and that was just so I had something on the TV while I was getting ready for school.

11. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Man all the anime I've seen stinks. I agree toons are there for pure laughs, not so much on the anime. Need to do something while getting ready for school? Find a nice radio show. They're funny, give you the news, weather, and traffic often and usually throw in good music as well. Much better to wake up to instead of that head splitting buzz too.

12. quigon_brian

Aug 16, 2001
    Well I wake up to my CD player alarm.
    Here's the CD I have in there:
    1. Heuy Lewis and the News - Back in Time (like when Marty wakes up in BttF. I even have it start at the same point in the song)
    2. Bon Jovi - Shot Throught the Heart
    3. All-American Rejects - Swing, Swing
    4. Blink-182 - Please Take Me Home
    5. Eddie Money - If I Could Walk on Water
    6. Linkin Park - Esaul (Off of Hybrid Theory's EP)
    7. Tenacious D - Friendship
    8. NWA - Express Yourself
    9. Nappy Roots - Aw Naw (Rock Remix)
    10. The opening song from Boondock Saints
    11. Custom version of Duel of the Fates I made
    12. Jimmy Eat World - Sweetness
    13. Styx - Lady
    14. Goldfinger, Mest, & Good Charlotte - The Innocent
    15. Incubus - Pardon Me

I've actually had about 20 requests from friends that want me to copy this CD so they can wake up to this great compilation.

Plus most radio shows annoy me.

(In case anyone can't tell, I'm pretty bored here at work. All of the other summer interns are gone, so I pretty much sit here all day enhancing photos and playing on the internet. Here's what I'm working on right now. I already reconfigured some of the shadowing, but there's still a lot more I have to do)

13. maxreid

Aug 1, 2003
    Sorry if I left out any anime cartoons that should have been mentioned, but I only put down what I knew.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.