main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Which of these SW eras would you most like to live in and why?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by ILLUMINATUS_JEDI, Mar 6, 2002.

?

Which of these SW eras would you most like to live in and why?

Poll closed Mar 22, 2012.
  1. Beginning of the Republic

3.1%
  2. Tales of the Jedi

10.9%
  3. Sith Wars

7.8%
  4. TPM Time (1000 years up to TPM)

10.9%
  5. Clone Wars

7.8%
  6. Empire

10.9%
  7. New Republic

7.8%
  8. NJO

26.6%
  9. Beyond NJO

12.5%
  10. Other (specify)

1.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ILLUMINATUS_JEDI

ILLUMINATUS_JEDI Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
  2. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    1.Post NJO
    2.Cremvelian War(Vong Galaxy)
    3.Pre Republic

3. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    I picked the NJO era, although the Rebellion era would rule, too !

4. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    NJO is full of death. Empire is full of death. Post NJO might not be stable. I picked New Republic, at least there was SOME stability.

5. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    I would love to live in the NJO world (I have daydreamed about it on numerous occasions...) for a few simple reasons. One it's SW and too...well, I would love to pick up a blaster or pilot an X-Wing in defense of the New Republic (if you still wish to call it that).

6. Cambria

Cambria Jedi Youngling

Mar 6, 2002
    I love the EU stuff, especially the NJO, but I had to vote Empire Era because nothing will ever top the oringinal Star Wars movies for me.

~Cambria

7. virtualoctopus

virtualoctopus Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 2, 2001
    The sith war!

8. DashASolo

DashASolo Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 28, 2002
    NJO or post NJO it was a toss up. b/c no one really knows for sure what it means to be a galactic force of jedis who guard and preserve life ,and the growing pains associated with finding that are interesting to see

9. ILLUMINATUS_JEDI

ILLUMINATUS_JEDI Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    I should of said!

PLEASE SPECIFY WHICH SITH WAR!!!!

There are so many my head hurts.

Anyway, Sith Wars for for cos Sith were in thier prime and so were the Jedi. It would be cool to see a Bravehaert stlye between the two.

10. IAmTheDarkSide

IAmTheDarkSide Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2002
    1.Post NJO
    2.Cremvelian War(Vong Galaxy)
    3.Pre Republic

Chissdude, may I ask why you'd want to live during a big war taking place between members of an alien and hostile species?

I chose 1000 BTPM-TPM era, as that seems to generally be the most peaceful, and I'd be most likely to stay alive.

11. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    The waning days of the Republic, when paradise such as Naboo were able to survive in peace...

12. Cosmin-Coral

Cosmin-Coral Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 10, 2001
    post-NJO because we don't know what's going to happen yet, if you see what I mean!

13. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    I picked NJO era, though I have a question, if you lived through the Clone Wars and didn't die wouldn't you eventually live in the Imperial era as well. This, of course, is presuming you don't die during the clone wars( and if there is a short period between the two, you'd need to live through that also). Obi-Wan did it. Anakin did it. Owen did it. Beru did it. Dosen't that make the Clone Wars period too short to be considered as an era of Star Wars making it more a part of the end of the Republic? I say this seeing how we don't say War of 1812 era. I might be wrong though.

14. IAmTheDarkSide

IAmTheDarkSide Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2002
    Why would ANYONE choose to live in NJO era? You'd be in perpetual fear of having your planet attacked and being taken as a sacrifice. There's only like 50-100 Jedi around, so not much chances of getting into a chance encounter with one of them. And believe it or not, you'd probably know a lot LESS about the events of NJO living in that timeframe than you do reading about them...

15. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    Yeah but if I lived on Bespin or someother really out of the way planet they wouldn't be my problem right now and the less I knew the better I would feel living at this time. Of course, to live in the NJO era I would also need to live at the end of the New Republic era making me happy and unknowing about the Vong untill they come walking up my front porch at which time I would probably have led a long and successful life.

16. Alion_Sangre

Alion_Sangre Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    The New Republic, preferably post-VoTF, pre-NJO timeframe. That way I could just strap into my trusty old YT-1300 with my partner and see the galaxy without having to worry about wars and such.

17. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    Well, DarkSide, it seems more people have SM tendencies than meets the eye...

EDIT : The question was :

"Which of these SW eras would you most like to LIVE in and why?"

And not :

"Which of these SW eras would you most like to PLAY in and why?"

This is about 'real life', not a Lucasarts game...

18. Ceifer

Ceifer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    I'd love to live during the Sith War era and be a Sith Lord fighting and slaughtering other Siths and Jedi. [face_devil]

19. Mazzic

Mazzic Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2000
    The Emperor's New Order (aka the Empire).

I've always loved the Empire - the stability (well, mostly), the characters, the worlds, the weapons, the technology...

I just wouldn't want to be an alien. ;) I would have loved to live on Coruscant at this time.

-Mazz

20. Anakin1607

Anakin1607 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    NJO, a chance to fight against an unstoppable foe with the Jedi, New Republic, and Empire at your side! What could be better than for a story called Star *Wars*?

Clone Wars close second, fighting with Obi Wan and Anakin before he went bad would be great.

21. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Post NJO...

22. -Rhysology

-Rhysology Jedi Master star 1

Oct 25, 2000
    I reckon it would be cool to live in the time of the rebellion and smuggle weapons for the rebels (in a Corellian Yt-1300 Freighter of course)

23. amarice77

amarice77 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 23, 2001
    I think the clone wars would be a great era to live in. Think about it....if you are dying you can always create another one of yourself and then transfer your essence into the new bod...this is as close as being an immortal. I know..sounds rather lame but hey...... [face_plain] who doesn't wana live forever?

24. Eva_Pilot04

Eva_Pilot04 Jedi Knight star 7

Nov 15, 2001
    I picked the TOTJ era (preferably after Redemption). It just seemed like an exciting time to live in. There was still a lot of exploring to do, and the Jedi were a lot more liberal. They were more like family than a strict institution. Plus, there's Vima Sunrider. [face_love]

8-}

25. ron corless

ron corless Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 1, 1999
    1.NJO
    2.Beyond NJO

I would love to live in the NJO era because I would love to be a member of the New Jedi Order
    under Luke Skywalker or maybe even in the post-NJO era and be Ben Skywalker and fly the "starship of strange design".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.