main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Which one is your favorite theatrical poster of the entire Saga? (Poll)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by SW Saga Fan, Oct 27, 2015.

?

Which one is your favorite theatrical poster of the entire Star Wars Saga?

1. Episode I: The Phantome Menace

27.6%
  2. Episode II: Attack of the Clones

13.8%
  3. Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

21.8%
  4. Episode IV: A New Hope

27.6%
  5. Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back

29.9%
  6. Episode VI: Return of the Jedi

14.9%
  7. Episode VII: The Force Awakens

11.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004
    Episode IV: A New Hope

Iron_lord and JediChipKelly like this.
  2. NightWalker1138

NightWalker1138 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 24, 2015
    Oh, I didn't know that. Then I don't know if getting him out of the poster was a "last hour" decision or what. I haven't the faintest idea. But I think the character is very mysterious in the film (we don't see him until the second half of the film, even we don't know he is a Sith until the last minutes), and I think maybe Lucas wanted to keep him in a mist of mystery.

May the Force be with you!

3. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Yes, Dooku and his allegiance was supposed to be a mystery. That was probably the reason for why he was taken out.

4. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    Just found out my favorite poster is better known as the ROTJ soundtrack poster. It's Lucas's hands holding up a Saber.

5. Cartoon Boba

Cartoon Boba Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 30, 2014
    The more photo-realistic movie posters become, the less interesting they are. In the Star Wars and Empire Strikes Back posters, I see Luke, Leia and Han whereas with the others, I see Liam Neeson, Natalie Portman, Ewan Mcgregor, etc. I think that says enough.

Force Smuggler and AshiusX like this.
  6. Bloncket

Bloncket Jedi Padawan

May 26, 2016
    I voted for the TPM poster as it feels the most immersive and wondrous to me.

ANH's has a similar effect: a blank majesty, and the promise of adventure - though I am inevitably brought up a bit short by the brawn.

AOTC's is gorgeous. But I tend to just sit and stare at the gorgeousness rather than marvel over the characters or the movie. So, I'll place it third. And I'll tie it there with TFA's, as both convey that this-can-only-begin-to-scratch-the-surface feeling to me, while still remaining visually interesting. (Incidentally, much as I'd had my heart set on a Struzan poster for the new movie, I'm finding I quite like this one: it really distinguishes TFA as the start of a new series, even to that series' poster style.)

The TESB poster is a dark horse. I glance at it, think "That's nice" and walk away. And then start wondering. I might wish it had a brighter palette - it seems a bit muted for a movie that bleeds so of color, and I'm in love with an orange fan-made poster I've seen. But then, TESB is the darkest film of the OT...

The ROTJ and ROTS posters, frankly, bother me - I think it's the blocking, though I can still get lost in the individual elements ROTJ's. And if there's one thing I do love about ROTS', it's the inversion of the lights and shadows on the faces of Darth Vader and Anakin Skywalker.

7. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Most interesting.... do any such pictures exist online of these early artworks?

Sent from my C5155 using Tapatalk

8. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    They are in the book The Art of Drew Struzan. You can see it here @1:25.

Seagoat likes this.
  9. Celidore

Celidore Jedi Knight star 3

May 2, 2015
    I really don't know, they are all fantastic!

10. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    Judging by your posts in other threads u seem young, a little naive & full of hope. Let me give you a warning. I was once like you, then the crushing weight of the world caught up to me. So be hopeful but also realistic.

11. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    TESB. But then again, TESB takes the crown for pretty much everything in the series for me. It's amazing.

12. Snokers

Snokers Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2015
    Empire. No question! :D

13. Seeker Of The Whills

Seeker Of The Whills Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    TPM v RotS v ANH. Can't decide.