main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Vancouver which one of these hip-hop artists is your favourite?

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by DAKAI_SERAKI, Dec 14, 2002.

?

which one of these hip-hop artists is your favourite?

Poll closed Mar 25, 2012.
  1. Tupac

9.1%
  2. Nas

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Eminem

18.2%
  4. Dr. Dre

9.1%
  5. Fat Joe

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Jay-Z

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. nelly

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Ja-rule

9.1%
  9. pffft.......I don't even listen to rap, or hip-hop, or whatever you wanna call it

54.5%
  10. all of 'em, man!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DAKAI_SERAKI

DAKAI_SERAKI Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2002
  2. DAKAI_SERAKI

May 7, 2002
    I voted Tupac, Thugz mansion is one of the only respectable hip-hop songs. I like Eminem as a close second, Then Dre. *sigh* yep, I'm a Paccie fan

3. Admiral_Thrawn60

Admiral_Thrawn60 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jul 8, 2000
    Eminem is the only one I can stomach. Just barely.

4. MASTER_OBI-DAN

MASTER_OBI-DAN Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    I voted for Dr. Dre. I?ve always been a big fan of his; both The Chronic and The Chronic 2001 are two of my most favourite rap albums and I think he?s one of the best producers out there. I?m pretty much a huge fan of the Old Sckool West Coast and G-Funk sound. Thus, I absolutely love Ice Cube and Snoop Dogg as well. :D Also, I love Nate Dogg. IMHO, he sings some of the best ?hooks? in the business; its unfortunate though that his own albums haven?t sold well. :(

[image=http://www.dr-dre.com/images/pics/mag/1.jpg]

I used to like some of Eminem?s early stuff, mainly because his beats were Dre-produced; but over time, I?ve kind of soured on him as an artist. Also, I?ve never really understood why local alternative radio stations (E.g.: 104.9 X FM or 107.7 FM The End) have always given his singles heavy airplay, but absolutely refuse to even play African-American artists like Dre who share a very similar sound/genre. It?s always seemed like a racist practice to me; but unfortunately, very few talk about it. :(

In terms of the artists listed above, I?ve been fortunate enough to have seen Dre, Eminem, Nelly and Ja Rule live in concert. :)

[b]P.S.[/b]: If "[i]Haters[/i]" are going to post in this thread, be sure to keep the peace and show some love. [face_love] Ya heard?

5. DAKAI_SERAKI

May 7, 2002
    P.S.: If "Haters" are going to post in this thread, be sure to keep the peace and show some love. Ya heard?

Yeah. Y'all betta show some R to da-E to da-S to da-P to da-E to da-C to da-T........ Payce, son....

6. Azeria_Jade

Azeria_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2001
    Ick, main-stream pop is not my idea of musical intellect. They have nothing interesting to say, vocally or instrumentally. Pop/Hip-hop/rappers come a dime-a-dozen these days, and their music videos! When did it become about the sex and money and not about the music?

7. DAKAI_SERAKI

May 7, 2002
    See? that's why I listen to tupac and Nas. Thier music don't talk all that much about the "bling-bling", or "ho's"

8. clee94

clee94 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 12, 2002
    Ja Rule for sure, Murder Inc. all the way. My next favorite would be Nelly, Emenem, and at the bottom of my list is Dre just because he is too old. sorry dan

9. DAKAI_SERAKI

May 7, 2002
    lol, Ja rule's ok, But I hate when he and Ashanti say: "Yo, fa sho', it's murder!"

10. DAKAI_SERAKI

May 7, 2002
    Umm..... Did this topic die?

11. Rani Veko

Rani Veko Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    Every thread dies eventually. :) The goal is to not be the last one to post in a thread about to outlive its usefulness, or you're a threadkiller. :)

Since I've killed many threads in my time, I'll step in to spare you now. :D

As for the poll, I've never even heard of any of these artists. I guess that either makes me a hater, or old, and since I don't go around hating things in general, I guess that leaves me with being "old". :)

- Rani

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.