main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Which one of these three is your favorite?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by lookameatbag, Nov 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lookameatbag

lookameatbag Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2014
    Clone Wars- Absolutely love this show. From beginning to end it captures the spectacle achieved in the movies as we delve into the untold story of the Star Wars saga. The animation is well drawn, the characters are engaging, the fights are intense, there's hardly anything bad for me to say about this show (Although the episodes could've been longer). Everything the characters do feels like it contributes to the plot and fits perfectly into the timeline without any plot holes to contradict the saga.

The Clone Wars- Idk, this show didn't seem to interest me as much as the last one. Before it was made, the Clone Wars era was explored like no other era in the Star Wars universe and for some reason, they do it again, why, aren't there other stories waiting to get the animated treatment? This show comes off as being somewhat of a parody of Star Wars than an actual exploration of the mythos. The developers feel the need to force comedy into every corner possible which gets annoying after a while. There's nothing wrong with wanting a good laugh but it goes on to a point where you want it to stop, I mean the Separatists have gone from a destructive adversary that leaves no survivors, to a stereotypical Saturday morning cartoon villain made to please younger kids. A lot of new characters have been introduced which unfortunately raised more questions than answers. You can omit Ahsoka entirely for the Star Wars saga and it wouldn't affect anything. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate this show or anything because there were some pretty good moments that made me put it on every now and then. The clones are some of the best characters on the show. In older stories they were there just to shoot things, here they made them three-dimensional characters with their own unique personalities. The Darth Maul episodes were one of the few I was looking forward to. You have a character who got so much build up in the movies, but all he used him for was a fight scene. Here, Maul is used to his full potential, a vengeful warrior who will stop at nothing to rule the galaxy (too bad they never gave him a fitting conclusion). This show could've been a lot better in my opinion but at least they made something better.

Rebels- This is the show TCW should've been. While not as mind blowing as the the 2003 Clone Wars, it is a good show in it's own right. It captures the feel of the original trilogy, from the characters the overall setting, Rebels is a show that starts off slow but leaves you exhilarated in the end. The humor feels a little stupid but it's not as bad as in the last show. The Empire is portrayed as the Empire should. A former democracy that slipped into a tyrannical dictatorship that seeks to rule weak. Say what you want about the Stormtroopers being incompetent but hey, at least we're not dealing with anymore battle droids. The tension is better done than it was in the last show, while in TCW we knew what was going to happen to most of these characters in the end, Rebels delves into unexplored territory where anything could happen. I can see a bright future for this show.

Thoughts?

2. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I don't find any of them particularly of note. I do know from what I've seen I like TCW least.

lookameatbag likes this.
  3. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Hi lookameatbag. We actively discourage threads whose sole purpose is saying you like one show over another, as it often boils down to "X show sux and Y show rulez". If you'd like to take a close, well-thought out examination as to why one show is better than another, then feel free to make such a thread.

Otherwise, welcome to the boards. [face_peace]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.