Which one should I get PS2 or Gamecube?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Obi_Wan_01, Feb 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth_baboo Jedi Knight

dont forget the turbo grafx 16, Bonkers was the man, with a really big head :)
  2. darth_baboo Jedi Knight

oh and go for a Gamecube, i have one and i love Rouge Leader, and now that squaresoft will be bringing Final Fantasy back to Nintendo, theres no way you can pass it up.
  3. CountDooku918 Jedi Knight

star 3
  4. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    Right now there's only one reason to buy an X-Box...Halo.

But not for much longer. Bungie still plans to release a PC/Mac version of Halo (which is what the game was originally going to be) within a year or so, so if you have a capable computer already, don't waste 300 bucks on an over-hyped console just to play one game you'll have access to soon enough.

Anyways, who was saying something about a Nintendo/Square thing never happening.... ;;D
  5. Rabid_Balding_Ewok Jedi Master

star 4
    Never said it wouldnt happen I said FFXI wouldn't happen due to Nintendo's warped view of online gaming. Nintendo still views it as unprofitable and are still taking the wait and see approach.

>>>Square is more interested in the GBA in order for them to make games for it they have to agree to more Cube support then one game.<<<

Which is exactly what happened. By the way it's a Square-affiliated development house which will be working on the Cube. It would be funny if it's The Bouncer that they end up porting. :eek:

-----signature-----
    "Rabid Balding Ewok, you make me sick.
    If there was an enemies list, you'd be on mine."
    [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh]

:::*::(^^) :(^^) :::::::
    ::::::/::::^^:::::\ ::*::
    :::::/###-^^-##I :::::
    : *:.l##/(*)# (*)\\:::::
    :::/##(###.00#)#I ::::
    ::(___/#*#(XXX)/__) ::
    ::/000{{{{www}}}}\:: Ewoks Will Eat You!
  6. Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Oh well, I don't really care, I have a GC and a PS2 anyway, as I already said. Maybe I'd like my GC more if there were more games for it...
  7. rogue_five Jedi Knight

star 1
    well now that i heard that FF is going to be on the gamecube i say gamecube all the way! forget ps2. FF will look way better on the cube.
  8. Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I can't imagine anything looking better than FFX.... that game is just the coolest. But hey, if they can make it look even better, go for it.
  9. wishnud Force Ghost

star 4
    Under the following circumstances with square.

GO GAMECUBE!
  10. Mace_Windo Force Ghost

star 4
    u should have made this a poll [face_plain]
  11. Obi_Wan_01 Force Ghost

star 5
    Doh I guess I should have, but I can live without it.

Looks like GC is winning. OK I have an idea, I could rent GC and PS2 from Blockbuster and try them out. So who's with me here.
  12. wishnud Force Ghost

star 4
    There is no need to spend money on renting a crappy PS2 :cool:
  13. AgentCoop Force Ghost

star 4
    Yes, don't rent a PS2. Buy one. Rent a Cube for a week or so, that's more than enough time to play all the must-play games that are available for it. [face_laugh]
  14. Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    The PS2 isn't crappy!!! It's worth every penny I spent on it, and more.
  15. Yodarth Jedi Knight

star 1
    Right now I regret buying a Cube. So Metroid Prime better be good. I would have rather rented it to play Rogue Leader and then to played a little SSBM. PS2 is the one I play all the time (FFX, DMC, MGS2, GTA3, VF4 coming, etc.).
  16. Yodimus_Prime Jedi Knight

star 2
    in a perfect world, The Dreamcast would still be getting new games and i wouldn't have to worry about choosing a new system.

*sigh* i was always horrible a picking game consoles
  17. pat-fett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Hey Obi renting is a great idea. That way you can make up your mind based on your opinion instead of others.
  18. Obi_Wan_01 Force Ghost

star 5
    I think I will rent the PS2 first then the GC.

RL for GC
    MGS2 or FF 10 for PS2
  19. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    Right now the GCN doesn't have as many games available as it should have had- a couple key titles were delayed till late june or so that should have come out in feb, like Eternal Darkness and Star Fox Adventures. But hey, better a better game than a rushed one. Over the next couple months you'll start to see some of the heavy hitters come out for the GCN (ports of Spy Hunter and 007-Agent Under Fire in March, the remake of Resident Evil in April, Starfox Adventures and Eteneral Darkness in June...I believe there is also a Star Wars game based on Episode 2 coming out around then also), a few more over the summer (Mario Sunshine, Rogue Spear) with the next big rush in the fall with Metroid Prime, Turok Evolution, Mortal Kombat 5 and the new Resident Evil 0. And then Zelda, Final Fantasy, Capcom vs SNK 2 and a Resident Evil 2 port by the end of the year to name a few.
  20. wishnud Force Ghost

star 4
    Well its up the the individual (sp?)

Actualy I havn´t even tried PS2 nor GC.. I´m from sweden, so they havn´t arived yet :(
  21. arabiansanchez Jedi Master

star 4
    My wookie ate an ewok! :_|

Hang on. I hate ewoks :D
  22. bountyhunter2999 Jedi Master

star 4
    I only have a PS2. I love it! A few days ago, I was thinking about buying a new system (X-Box or Gamecube). But, I changed my mind. I'm sticking with my PS2. X-box freezes sometimes and Gamecube requires a lot more equipment to run. The main reason that I'm sticking with PS2 is "When PS3 comes out, it will most likely play PSX and PS2 games on it. Why shouldn't they. They made PSX games play on PS2. It's the sensible thing to do. It will make some cash."
  23. arabiansanchez Jedi Master

star 4
    GameCube requires no additional equipment to run it over what you get in the box. You are indeed misinformed.
  24. bountyhunter2999 Jedi Master

star 4
    PS2. It will save you money in the long run. GC doesnt' play DVDs. PS2 does. If you buy a GC and a DVD player, it will be more expensive than a PS2. Also, when PS3 comes out, it will most likely play PSX and PS2 games. Why shouldn't it? PS3 should play PSX and PS2 games because why would Sony make PS2 play PSX games. It makes them money and saves you some. GC does have better graphics, but those who complain about graphics own X-Box or GC and that's all they ever bought them for. Graphics, Graphics, GrAphics. Who cares about graphics? They don't matter to me. What matters to me is gameplay. Plus, PS2 will have a ot better games coming soon. But, buy whatever you want.
  25. arabiansanchez Jedi Master

star 4
    <<"PS2 will have a ot better games coming soon. But, buy whatever you want. ">>

Name them.

GC kicks ass on a games front.

What does PS2 really have going for it?
    Its killer Aps are already out (MGS2, FFX) and it does not appeal to me.

If you're talking about value for money when it comes to dvd, etc get an xbox. It has hard drive, bb modem and a dvd player.

If you're interested in playing great games, however, get a GC.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.