main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Which Parksaber should I get?

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by dark42, Jun 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dark42

dark42 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2002
    Which Parksaber is best (in your opinion)? (Basically, as a first-time buyer, which should I get?)

I've finally decided to get one (yay!), but I'm looking for advice on which one specifically to order. I'm personally looking away from the Fury and the Maelstrom at the moment (I want something more traditional for the moment) but that still leaves me with five to choose from. Anyone have stuff to say about these?

I've also looked at other sites and already decided I want a Parksaber, so I'm not really looking for advice on other companies.

FYI: The remaining five are... Arc-Wave, Avenger, Rogue, Defiance, Echelon.

2. GrayRacer

GrayRacer Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 14, 2002
    I dont own one but am planning to, I think the Rogue is beautiful. It has that classic look but still radiates this modern and original sense.

3. jedivalens

jedivalens Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    well, the "Defiance" and "Rogue" models have the more classic look. I myself bught the "Defiance". I like it very much! The others IMO resemble Obi-Wans lightsaber from ANH. I personally dont like the activation switch in the middle of the hilt. Thats why i bought the "Defiance". I hope that helps.

4. EviL_DukKY

EviL_DukKY Jedi Youngling star 3

May 15, 2002
    I'm definitely getting a Maestro...

5. Jedi-Finney

Jedi-Finney Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2001
    too bad no one wants a fury, i have one for sale, good price too, just 225 plus shipping! it has a blue blade and is in perfect working order! pm me for pics if you are interested, if no one is interested here on the boreds it is going to eBay...

6. Jirin_Raman

Jirin_Raman Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2002
    I wouldn't mind the Fury model, Jedi-Finney, it's that blue blade it has! :D I want a red blade, and only a red blade. Allow me to assist you in posting pics of your saber, for those who want to see it:

Anyone have any..

7. Venardhi

Venardhi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 15, 2002
    Fury and Maelstrom just dont do it for me. . . they dont feel like they're from the SW universe.

8. Maverick_Mcloud

Maverick_Mcloud Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2002
    hey i'm new whats a parksaber?!

9. Jauhzmynn

Jauhzmynn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    Hi jarin,
    you can change the blue blade for a red one. They'er reasonable. You'd be getting a good by getting the sabre off a jedi on the board. parks offers ANY color of blade you'd require INCLUDING the red one. it'll fit on her sabre easily.
    jauhz

10. Jauhzmynn

Jun 16, 2002
    Hi Dark 42, I personally like Defiance and maletrom Sabres for their stlye. They look pretty close to the classic look. Malestrom look like a Sith sabre IMO.

Venardhi,
    the Defiance sabre has the closest classic look. However maybe youcan phone park Sabres and askif they can custom make asabre to your specificaions. I'm sure they'll work with you.

Hi Maverick,
    Welcome to the message Board.
    Parks Sabres is a company that makes Star Wars type light sabres. You can duel with them but gotta be sensible doing so.
    Here's the site address so you can see what all of us are talking about.

http://parksabers.com/
    peace be yours
    Jauhzmynn

11. Jirin_Raman

Jirin_Raman Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2002
    Hi jarin,
    you can change the blue blade for a red one. They'er reasonable. You'd be getting a good by getting the sabre off a jedi on the board. parks offers ANY color of blade you'd require INCLUDING the red one.

Thanks, Jauhzmynn. I was not aware that you could just buy a blade off of Jeff Parks. I will e-mail him and find out for sure. I remember speaking with some folks on here in the past, and was told that you could only get a blade when you purchased the saber.

it'll fit on her sabre easily.

Jedi-Finney, is there something you're not telling us? :eek:

12. Jauhzmynn

Jun 16, 2002
    Jedi_Finney,
    Not that I know of. It seems the park Sabre blades can be put into any parks sabre hilt.
    jarin, GOod luck w/ the finds. Lemme4 know if it all works out.
    Mynn

13. Jauhzmynn

Jun 16, 2002
    Hi all,
    I found this link for Sabres. can yougusy give it a look and tell me your honest opinions?

http://members.aol.com/EDCstudios/kits.htm

Look down to the Anakin Sabre F/X version. IS this for real, or would I be getting scalped if I get this one?

Thanks
    Mynn

14. JediG60racer

JediG60racer Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Yes, you can order the blades separate from Parks. They're $80 apiece, so you can get different colors to play with. All the Parks blades interchange between hilts. Also, if you have a Graflex or other hilt, you can send it to Parks and they'll install their EL blades and electronics for about $200 (sometimes a bit more if there's mucho customization to do).

Lightech does the same deal, you can buy blades separately for $85-95 depending on color. They also sell a kit for $125 to convert your existing hilt to have an EL blade. I'll be trying out one of their kits on a lightsaber hilt I just made.

and btw, I think the best Parks saber for the buck is definitely the Defiance. The Rogue is really cool and has a classic look (Anakin's saber from AOTC), but notice it does not have that really cool LED lightbar on the side, and it just has a regular on-off switch instead of the force-touch switch. For $20 more I'd go with the Defiance. As for me, my first Parks saber was an Echelon that I had customized with some black anodizing in the hilt... that gave it more of the classic look. My next Parks saber will either be a Defiance or a Malestrom, haven't decided. Both will be available at Comicon in August, so I'm going to pick it up then rather than wait 10 weeks to have it made.

15. EviL_DukKY

May 15, 2002
    Parks is a great person to work with...

Anyone that can make awesome, original sabers with detachable working blades and can customize the one you're buying for you, can customize one you already have, and can put in a working blade to whatever hilt you could have possibly made...

That makes a good salesman...

O, and Anakin FX isn't all it's cracked up to be...

Sure it's a licenses replica...

But can the blade be removed? No...
    Can it handle a beating? No...
    What can it do? Look cool, light up, make sounds, and take light taps before it breaks.

16. Jauhzmynn

Jun 16, 2002
    JediG6o,
    Wow, you got the same sabre I snagged from Jeff Park as well. Echelon looks pretty sweet huh? The malestrom looks nice, in face it was the first one I'd handled last year, but I won't get one like that. It's kinda' guyish for me unless they can let me get a differant color of housing then red, blue or green.<VBG> Maybe royal blue or Deep purple. Defiance and Rogue look hot. They do appear to be more Classic sodoes ArcWave.
    Have a ball at ComiCon. I can't make it there. NO transpo.:( So when you get your Jedi mits on your sabre, send a message this way and lemme know know ok? I just hope mine shows up BEFORE the convention down here in August.
    Mynn

17. KEDA

KEDA Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 20, 2002
    does any one know where i can get one that does not cost an arm, leg and $200.00!!!
    thats a little much

18. Jauhzmynn

Jun 16, 2002
    I guess if you have the right equipment or have acess to it, you can build your own sabre cheaper. But it's the time, and equipment that stop me from doing the same myself. $200 is a pretty good price for the item sicne I'd seen the same one in person, You can't break it if you tried. I think you'd have to run over the blade w/ your car before it'd crack.<G> BTW, I NOT going to do that, honest.

padawan Mynn

19. KEDA

Jun 20, 2002
    well in that case it's a good price i will order one..when i get the money:( hell i will setal for a used one...does any one know where i can get a used one??

20. KEDA

Jun 20, 2002
    does anyone know where i can get a used one..Rogue, Defiance, or a dubled ended one<not red> i will pay a resonable price.....it doen't even have to work, ust look like a saber...

21. EviL_DukKY

May 15, 2002
    Look at the desperacy in her eyes...

How can you say no to that?

22. Jauhzmynn

Jun 16, 2002
    Keda,
    I can look around. I don't know how to make the ones parks does, unless I take one apart. <eyes light saber> Humm, gemme a little bit and I'll figure it out. :) can't be THAT hard.

Padawan Mynn.

23. EviL_DukKY

May 15, 2002
    Thank me, Deka...;)

24. dark42

dark42 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2002
    Thanks, all. Just ordered an Arc-Wave with a green blade! Now I have to wait 10 weeks... :(

25. Jayna

Jayna Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    Great choice! I was originally going to order the Arc Wave but when I called the order in, they told me it would be 10 weeks- and I just about died. Luckily, they had an Echelon ready to ship there so I went with that and absolutley love it. They make great stuff. Enjoy!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.