main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:SA which parts of which movies make you emotional and why?

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Nawara-Ven, Feb 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nawara-Ven

Nawara-Ven Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 19, 2004
    Just to get the ball rolling again and to get everyone interested in the board again!!

This thread is to say which parts of what SW movie make you 'all emotional' - ie, laugh, cry, want to scream, etc...and why?

I would say the part of Return of the Jedi at the end, now with Hayden inserted is a pretty emotional bit for me....for some reason the new version has more meaning.

And of course....."I love you" - "I know"....ESB...always gets me right there! [face_love]

have to go back and watch them now to see what bits make me laugh again....the stormie hitting his head???? :)

annoyance factor: Padme falling onto a sand-dune in AOTC, falling into unconciousness and suddenly jumping up and running away when she's spoken to by a clone trooper. Come on...NOBODY can do that!!
    :D

2. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Obi-Wan_Toddi Former SAFF CR star 6

Feb 7, 2005
    Ahhh an interesting topic.

I'll have to go back and watch them all (excellent excuse to!), but when I watch AOTC, one bit that has always irked me to the hilt is when Dooku says something like "It's obvious this contest cannot be decided by our knowledge of the force, but rather by our skills with a lightsabre".

This has always really really annoyed me. I feel like screaming 'Why doesn't he just say "It's time in the movie for us to use our lightsabres". It's just too bloomin' obvious for me. Poor script editing.

He should've just turned on his lightsabre. That's sends a pretty clear message!! And it did so in the other four films! Sheeeesh!

3. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Twin Sunset on Tatooine....Does it for me everytime.....

4. I_am_Kooky

I_am_Kooky Sth Aust. Chapter Representative star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    Twin Sunset on Tatooine....Does it for me everytime.....

OH I LOVE THAT !! Its the music, i listen to the music and get that same feeling.
    It was Sad when there is a Death. . .basicly, i can flowly the emotional flow story. . . :D

5. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    "But you'll die!"
    "Nothing can stop that now. Just let me look at you with my own eyes."

6. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Oh....that's nice....and it's a good one too!

7. Nawara-Ven

Sep 19, 2004
    anyone else having trouble with the valentines icons showing up with their name?
    Brun Farron did some and I tried to put one of his up, but it aint working!! Go have a look at all the new v/day ones, they're pretty good! :D

8. evil-incarnate

evil-incarnate Jedi Youngling star 7

Jun 30, 2004
    The end of Ep.3 will be emotional because its the last one....

9. Darth_Meanders

Darth_Meanders Jedi Master star 5

May 23, 2004
    Yes the twin sunsets is a pretty emotional scene.

I do like the Han and Leia scene in ESB - "My hands are dirty", "My hands are dirty too. What are you afraid of?" etc etc up to "Sir, sir, I've isolated the reverse power coupling". Its great :)

Another bit that always gets me is the final battle in ANH. I'm always following everything intensely right up until Luke makes his final run. Then, even though I know I've seen it before, Han and Chewie's coming to the rescue is always as much a surprise as it is to Vader. Its like, 'oh yeah, that's right. I remember that from last time" :D

10. Nawara-Ven

Sep 19, 2004
    oh....when Han is trying to fix the Falcon in ESB.....and the toolbox lands on his head. A very good moment in motion picture history!! :D

11. oz_skipp

oz_skipp Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2004
    When Padme and Anakin a running over the hills. I get so emotional I want to sing at the top of my lungs "The hills are alive with the sound..." etc.

It's very funny.

I also get emotional when Anakin tells Padme about his feelings. I want to throw up.

And I'm glad they made the bit where she gets up from the sand less stupid in the DVD version (ie she actually seems in pain before she leaps to her feet).

And Anakin's 'dream' scene. I'm sure he was 'emotional' doing *that* ;)

A bit tighter editing and dialogue would have made Episode II so much better...*sigh*

12. evil-incarnate

evil-incarnate Jedi Youngling star 7

Jun 30, 2004
    My only emotions during the films were -
    These films can only be viewed in GOLD CLASS comfort to truly appreciate them.
    The only time I cried in a film was in the Holiday Special when the stormtrooper ripped off Lumpy's toy Bantha's head which upset poor little Lumpy....
    the Bantha wasn't real happy either.....
    Who said I had no emotions ??????

13. TK1571

TK1571 Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 10, 2003
    Emotional!!! well i guess i would have to say... ANH when Obi-wan dies, the death of so many fellow TKs in the death star :(

ESB "Luke i am your father" well that is problably a no brainer.... ;)

ROTJ blowing up second death star.... what a waste of resources, all the poor contractors that died while on the death star.

14. Nawara-Ven

Sep 19, 2004
    oh T-K....you really do belong in 'clerks', don't you? :D

15. DarkDisciple

DarkDisciple Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 20, 2005
    My fav bit would have to be in R.O.T.J, the bit when Vader and Luke are fighting on the death star. Lukes at the top of the steps and Vader says "Obi Wan has taught you well" Its just a great scene.

That and the scene from E.S.B when Han is about to be put into Carbon freeze and Chewie looses it! Han stops Chewie and tells him "The princess you have to take care of the Princess" they are my favorite scences still get goosebumps every time i watch them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.