main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Which pilots have a perfect record?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Pellaeon-Firke, May 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBespinIceCreamGuy

TheBespinIceCreamGuy Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 31, 2003
    what happened to rhys dallows? lol

2. TIEDefenderPilot

TIEDefenderPilot Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 13, 2003
    I don't remember it ever being mentioned that Fel lost his eye in fighter combat.

3. Aroa

Aroa Jedi Master star 1

Oct 16, 2001
    In Visions of the Future it says he has a prostetic eye, I don't know if that means he lost it in combat though.

4. Lord_Riven

Lord_Riven Jedi Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    In Bacta War, Gavin's fighter got severely damaged in the battle at Alderaan with the VSD and interdictor and he was forced to go to Halanit which then got wiped out by an Imperial raid as he was leaving...

5. stung4ever

stung4ever Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 17, 2002
    Actually, IIRC, Gavin's ship wasn't damaged, he just had to make a blind jump to avoid the VSD. Then because of his fuel situation and lack of navigation skills, made the stop at Halanit.

6. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    I believe stung4ever is correct. Gavin realized he didn't have the time to manuever or to calculate a jump so he went to lightspeed a split second before it appeared he was destroyed. He then made several hyperspace jumps to make sure he couldn't be followed. This is what caused him to need to refuel.

7. rogue_wookiee

rogue_wookiee Jedi Youngling star 6

Apr 24, 2004
    Didn't Baron Fel get shot down during the Rogue Squadron comic book series? I'm not sure. Those comics are next to impossible to find in stores or in library systems.

8. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    IS Rhys Dallows (Starfighter, PS2) in continuity?

And I guess if you managed to play the game without getting killed then, yes, he does have a perfect record ;)

9. SuperVader

SuperVader Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2002
    I honestly dont remember Gavin ever being shot down... He has a pretty good record for not being in any case...

10. TIEDefenderPilot

Oct 13, 2003
    In Rogue Squadron: In The Empire's Service #4, during the evacuation of Brentaal IV (Must escape the dread Rebel terrorists!), Fel's 181st was shooting down General Salm's Y-wings that were disabling fleeing yachts and private transports; Fel managed to blow off one of Salm's engines before Wedge came from behind and tried to shoot up Fel. Wedge hit Fel's port solar panel (just a little), and they proceeded to dogfight, where Fel clearly had the advantage in skill, but Salm's gunner (they were two seater Y-wings) managed to disable Fel's TIE Interceptor. One one, I say Fel would have beat Antilles.

11. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    The only injuries I can think of Gavin recieving always occured when he was on the ground. Which don't count in this thread because it's about pilot's injured while fighting, having their fighters shot down, having their fighters damaged, or having to go EV. Which I'd consider different from being shot down cause there might be a very slim chance of having your fighter repaired, though it would be in for repairs for a good long while. Where as if you go EV, you're fighter is almost always destoryed beyond repairs. Can only think of two possible times where going EV was for some other reason and in both times the fighter continued to exsist afterwards. The first, and this one I'm sure of, being at the start of TaB, and the second, which I'm not as sure of, would be in HttE after Luke escapes capture by Thrawn.

12. Major_Derek_Klivian

Major_Derek_Klivian Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 22, 2001
    I most definetely have lost the most combat vehicles in recorded history, and am proud of the fact. I should think that surviving so many wrecks is a greater testament to piloting skill than never having been shot down in the first place...

Anyways, I don't think that Wedge getting shot in the back by Tal'dira counts. I think a perfect record in piloting means never having lost a dogfight, e.g. open combat in the skies or space.

13. TIEDefenderPilot

Oct 13, 2003
    Hobbie seems to be incredibly lucky...it's just not very good luck.

14. Major_Derek_Klivian

Major_Derek_Klivian Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 22, 2001
    Well sure, my luck isn't like Han Solo luck, but I'm still standing here after all these years and most pilots can't say that. I've flown w/ the best, lost to the best, and I'm still standing here talking today.

15. 4LOM

4LOM Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 9, 2004
    Luke doesn't...he's one of the best, but he got shot down in ESB. And don't forget Wedge having to pull out of the battle of Yavin because he got hit by Vader.

Han and Chewie were shot down over Kessel in Jedi Search.

I don't know if Lando has ever been shot down (I don't count those Star Destroyers; he was just commanding them).

How about Jaina Solo or Mara Jade?

16. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    threepio and artoo have a perfect record... they didn't crash the falcon the one time they flew it.

17. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998
    Do Jacen and Anakin have perfect records?

18. MaceWinducannotdie

MaceWinducannotdie Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 31, 2001
    Didn't Anakin get pwned in one of the Keyes books?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.