main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT which Prequel actually stands up best as a complete SW film.

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by StarWars2015, Feb 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StarWars2015

StarWars2015 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 5, 2012
    Ok, have to get a rant out of the way first. I hate the prequels, they taken together as a whole or as part of the continuing story of the Saga itself are horrible. The Phantom Menace failed royally to live up to out of this world expectations. The two sequels that followed got worst & worst & worst...so below I'm going to list 10 things I hate about this terrible films followed by 10 things that could have made them better and then announce which Prequel is actually the one true best among the three....

10 things that crushed the prequels......

1.) Anakin being a 8 yr old kid, & a whiny one to boot.

2.) Q-gons describes the force as some mircoscopic lifeform parasite...WTH

3.) The disruption of trade routes, but the only planet disrupted was tiny Naboo.

4.) A army of the most worthless robots in the history of cinema

5.) The 1st 2 hours of AOTCs

6.) Hayden Christianens entire preformance or lack thereof in AOTC & ROTS.

7.) Too many unresolved questions, who was Syfo Dias? Why did Count Dooku fall? Why did the Jedi not detect Sidious right under their collective monk noses? Who are the separtist forces & why extactly do they want to overthrowthe. Republic?

8.) Jar Jar Binks ?? ( the most hated of all CGI creations, see Gollum in LOTR for a example of CGI done right.)

9.) The entire Anakin fall ark was poorly handled.

10.) The fate of. Padme was horribly done............

Now 10 things that could have saved these movies.........

1.) Have Obi-Wan & Q-gon switch roles or allow Obi-Wan to discover Anakin
    2.) Let the Republic have a standing Army of real life troops, then bring in the clones.
    3.) Allow both Darth Maul & Q-Gon to survive until the 2nd film.
    4.) No lightsabers for Sidious or Yoda, they are much too powerful for them
    5.) Have Count Dooku, not be a sith but a renegade jedi with a personal vendetta
    6.) Make Anakin a teen (about Lukes age in ANH) in TPM & make him a real slave.
    7.) Explain the motivations of the separtist movement, allow the Jedi to be a little wiser
    A little more able to deal with events as they happen.
    8.) Fix the Anakin/Padme lovestory.....this needs a total reboot.
    9.) Dispatch General Grevious quickly in ROTS, have Obi-Wan battle Dooku in a fateful clash while Sidious converts Anakin.
    10.) More Suited Vader at the end of ROTS, at least the last 20 minutes SUITED VADER !!

Now with all that said....the best prequel of the three was Drumroll please.....THE PHANTOM MEANACE !! Forall its flaws it stands above the two prequels that followed big time........

I personally think the entire trilogy could one day be rebooted and made again by Disney.

Chainmail_Jedi likes this.
  2. PiettsHat

PiettsHat Force Ghost star 4

Jan 1, 2011
    SithStarSlayer likes this.
  3. Cryogenic

Cryogenic Force Ghost star 5

Jul 20, 2005
    *sigh*

It's not that people should be completely censored or shut out, BUT...

Why are there so many of these threads, lately?

4. PiettsHat

PiettsHat Force Ghost star 4

Jan 1, 2011
    My money's on it simply being a residual effect of the announcement of Episode VII. You'll notice that most of these threads were started by posters who joined late in 2012 or 2013. I think the prospect of new films has gotten people re-imaging a lot about Star Wars' future while also considering the possibility of reboots, as the OP indicates.

Hopefully we can just condense it down into one thread, though, since there's really no need for everyone who has an issue with the prequels or wants a re-write to get his/her own thread.

Edit: Hmmm...I just realized your question was probably rhetorical. :p

Cryogenic likes this.
  5. Chainmail_Jedi

Chainmail_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 26, 2013
    Nah, let them all make their own threads. It makes it harder for those very agreeable opinions to get ignored.

6. Jedi_Ford_Prefect

Jedi_Ford_Prefect Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2003
    All evidence to the contrary.

Anyway, I'll ignore the troll-bait of the actual OP and respond to the title. I'd like to say that TPM is the best complete SW film of the Prequels, because it's my favorite of the trilogy, and dagnabbit, the whole saga as well. But I think I'll say that AOTC may stand up best, simply because of how expertly it plays with and effecitvely subverts the conventions of the SW series.

Cryogenic likes this.
  7. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    Oh look, another whine thread.

Alexrd likes this.
  8. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    No he doesn't.

Surely not the Jedi Master the movie said he was.

Because he wasn't being all obvious about it?

9. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
  10. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.