main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Which Prequel Benefited/Suffered the most from ROTS?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by FallenKnight88, Jun 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FallenKnight88

FallenKnight88 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 26, 2005
    In my opinon, after watching ROTS, TPM benefited the most whereas AOTC suffered. Prior to my viewing of ROTS, I had always held AOTC in a higher regard than the TPM. I had always believed that AOTC felt more like a Star Wars movie than TPM.

However now for some strange reason, I consider TPM more of a worthy predecessor to ROTS. Mainly becasue it's general theme contrasts the events of ROTS so well. In additon some scenes from TPM are in complete relation to scenes of ROTS for example Anakin's refusal to be trained in front of the Jedi counsel to ROTS Anakin/Mace/Palpatine confrontation.

Also, the introduction of the Japor Snippet in TPM to its final appearance in ROTS (note that it's never mentioned in AOTC). TPM is the Yin to ROTS Yang and AOTC in some ways comes off as a completely different, irrelatable (not sure if that's a word) movie.

BEFORE ROTS:ESB,ANH,ROTJ,AOTC,TPM
    AFTER ROTS: ESB,ROTS,ANH,ROTJ,TPM,AOTC

Thoughts?

2. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    I agree, save for the fact that I've always held TPM over AOTC. AOTC has always been the worst SW movie... for me anyways.

3. George15

George15 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 4, 2002
    AOTC is a combination of TPM and ROTS. So I don't think it really suffers at all. It has a darkside and a lightside, as opposed to TPM and ROTS, which tip the scale to the extremes of their respective moods. That's one of the reasons it's my favorite Star Wars movie.

4. Darth_Reign

Darth_Reign Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2001
    Well watching the Phantom Mence is no more interesting in seeing Palpatine working his evil. It's also cool to see the parrlel between QUi GOnand Obi/Obi and Anakin. Like the scenes where Qui gon and Obi Wan both tell their apprentices that they have exceeded their expectations and will both become much greater Jedi thatn their masters.

I might just be biased too as I really hate ATOC. I can only watch the last 40 minutes. Anything before and including the droid factory I can't watch without cringing.

5. Master_Scottie

Master_Scottie Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2005
    AOTC suffers the most because it's the undercard to the main event. It's just a little appetizer to setup ROTS.

6. emilsson

emilsson Force Ghost star 6

Oct 5, 1998
    I suppose TPM benefited the most since there's a lot of stuff in it that now makes a lot of sense. It established his fear and love for his mother etc.

I don't AOTC suffers that much really. It just develops the theme introduced in epI. It also sets up Anakin's fall very nicely. I mean Anakin saying he will someday stop people from dying became a lot more powerful with ROTS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.