main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Which prequel did you anticipate the most?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by colivo, Aug 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. colivo

colivo Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 25, 2004
    This is more a thread that lead up to each prequel, which one did you anticipate the most?

TPM- 16 year wait for a Star Wars movie.

AOTC- For those disappointed with TPM, were you anxious to see if Lucas could recapture the magic.

ROTS- The Duel, The Twins, and Finally Darth Vader, this is what we waited for.

I personally really anticipated ROTS the most. When the prequels were announced I still hadn't totally got back into Star Wars from the days of the OT, and was very hesitant on my expectations. But as each movie came out, I realized the third was the one I really wanted to see. I couldn't wait for ROTS to come out, probably in early 2004 I started getting hyped.

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. YoungAngus

YoungAngus Jedi Master star 5

May 7, 2005
    I remember sitting in the theatre waiting for AOTC to start, and me and my dad were discussing how great episode 3 will be with Anakin's turn and the Jedi Purgle. Defintly ROTS.

3. Wester547

Wester547 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 5, 2004
    TPM - The long wait, to see the Jedi in their prime, a Galatic Republic before it's fall and the rise of the Empire, our favorite characters (or their fathers/mothers/step brothers) younger, old and new familiar faces. etc.

AOTC - I think this is the one I held in most low expectations - but of course visually in terms of CGI VFX, and in terms of SFX, I held this film in VERY high expectations. But otherwise I assumed it to be as bad as TPM, if not worse, or possibly a little better.

ROTS - What we've been waiting for, The Duel, Order 66, the birth of Darth Vader, Yoda vs Sidious, the birth of the Twins, all the loose ends tied up, to beautifully connect and unify the two trilogies into one Saga, etc.

I'd say that the most anticipated prequel film for myself was TPM, followed by ROTS and AOTC.

4. EmperorSorridom

EmperorSorridom Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 2, 2005
    AOTC, probably.

5. bebbie

bebbie Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 28, 2002
    All of them!

I wanted to see the whole backstory and how is all panned out [face_peace]

6. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    tpm - b/c this was the first star wars since rotj, this was going to be great, that demon-esque dude w/ A DOUBLE SABER

rots - the end of the movies, the begining of Vader, and being on this message board

7. emporergerner

emporergerner Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2005
    ROTS definatly.

8. JediSara

JediSara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 1, 2004
  9. LordRevan19

LordRevan19 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 26, 2005
    Revenge of the Sith all the way.
    I started reading spoilers the summer before it's release, I was so excited.

Good Stuff

10. Luke_Kenobi1

Luke_Kenobi1 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 8, 2005
    Revenge of the Sith no doubt.

11. Jedi_Master_Eric

Jedi_Master_Eric Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 14, 2005
    ROTS, no doubt. AOTC comes in at a close second, while I admit I had very little anticipation for TPM.

When TPM came out: I was only nine, and knew next to nothing about the SW Saga. It was really my dad that had the most anticipation for it. But, of course, I was than not only hooked on IV-VI, but also had an indescribable amount of anticipation for II & III.

When AOTC came out: I admit that I was by no means spoiler free for AOTC. I read every SW Insider Article, and still have all of them that cover the months before AOTC. I was so excited about seeing new characters like Jango, Zam, and Dooku, as well as finally seeing Mace in action. All of this delivered, and at the time it felt like the day I saw AOTC was the best day of my life.

When ROTS came out: This is me in the entire three yr. gap of 2002-2005: [face_dancing][face_dancing][face_dancing] I can't explain how I felt during this time, especially in the 6-7 months leading up to "Revenge of the Sith". At this point in my life, May 19, 2005 was, without a doubt ... the best day ever!!!

whostheBossk likes this.
  12. LordRevan19

LordRevan19 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 26, 2005
    "ROTS, no doubt. AOTC comes in at a close second, while I admit I had very little anticipation for TPM.

When TPM came out: I was only nine, and knew next to nothing about the SW Saga. It was really my dad that had the most anticipation for it. But, of course, I was than not only hooked on IV-VI, but also had an indescribable amount of anticipation for II & III.

When AOTC came out: I admit that I was by no means spoiler free for AOTC. I read every SW Insider Article, and still have all of them that cover the months before AOTC. I was so excited about seeing new characters like Jango, Zam, and Dooku, as well as finally seeing Mace in action. All of this delivered, and at the time it felt like the day I saw AOTC was the best day of my life.

When ROTS came out: This is me in the entire three yr. gap of 2002-2005: I can't explain how I felt during this time, especially in the 6-7 months leading up to "Revenge of the Sith". At this point in my life, May 19, 2005 was, without a doubt ... the best day ever!!!"

Dude, I am not kidding- that is exactly the way I was brought into SW, except it was my mom who was anticipating TPM. I was also 9 at when TPM came out, ever since then I have been hooked- games, books, tv, movies and all of it. November 1st will be awesome because for the first time I will be able to watch all 6 SW movies in order, in a row and non-stop! That will be my second best day ever.

Good Stuff

13. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Definatly ROTS. As soon as the spoilers for this film started coming out in September/October 2003, I wanted to see it desperatly.

14. wcleere

wcleere Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2002
    ROTS, it so was hard to resist spoilers. The most anticipation for me since Jedi.

15. LukeCloudjogger

LukeCloudjogger Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 2005
    I am willing to bet most people anticipated TPM and ROTS... not so much AOTC.

People anticipated TPM because it was the first SW in 20 years.

People anticipated ROTS because it drew the bridge (a very broken one) between TPM + AOTC and the OT.

16. -nada-

-nada- Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 20, 2004
    I was excited about TPM being released, but I was on-the-edge-of-my-seat-crazy waiting for ROTS.

17. Ryloth_bounty_hunter

Ryloth_bounty_hunter Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 11, 2003
    Definately ROTS. I started to become a huge fan after AOTC, so I was making plans for ROTS for 3 years. :p

18. Darth_Zoo

Darth_Zoo Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    RotS. I wasn't really that into star wars before TPM, and I was pretty hyped for AotC but I was REALLY hurting bad to see RotS.

19. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    TPM was over-hyped and I ruined the experience myself a little by seeing far too much of it before its release (no worldwide releases back then)

for AotC I was extremely spoiler free, which didn't do much. Also, the wait didn't feel that long. And it was barely hyped up.

RotS seemed to have a hype that was very much aimed at the fans - and it worked! The gave us the Clone Wars series, videogames, the CT DVDs and all kinds of cool stuff. It was one of the best times to be a Star Wars Fan. Not too much like for TPM, and not too little like for AotC.

And maybe I read the JC more before RotS than before AotC. Only got internet in late 99 ;)

20. JEDY

JEDY Jedi Knight star 5

May 26, 2005
    I'd have to say ROTS .

21. Clone_Commander169

Clone_Commander169 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2005
    I agree with you JEDY. ROTS

22. Delta_62

Delta_62 Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 20, 2005
    Easily ROTS. I didn't even know TPM was coming out, and I had no problem waiting for AOTC.

23. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    I was very excited for TPM, because when I saw SW for the re-release SE, I began a new obsession with Star Wars.

Then I saw TPM and liked it for the most part,but after seeing it in theatres 13 times it got boring,and Jar Jar just got even more annoying.

So I wasn't very excited for AOTC and didn't bother going to see it.

Then I fell inlove with star wars again three years ago, and I was counting down the days to ROTS starting at like 180 days or something.

24. Jedi76

Jedi76 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 28, 2002
    Revenge of the Sith I had ideas for 22 years of what this would be about and it for the most part delivered. The only thing I wanted to see was the petition to start the rebelion with Padme Bail and Mon Mothma

25. Master_Ti

Master_Ti Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2005
    ROTS.

I mean yes, the build up for TPM was monumental, but for ROTS, the end of the saga I wanted to see the most.

*~*Ti*~*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.