main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

which prequel had the least cheesy dialogue

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by mynameismyown, Aug 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mynameismyown

mynameismyown Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2005
    i think tpm had besides jar jar, the least cheesy dialogue, aotc wins as far as i'm concerned in cheesiness

2. Darth_Spartan

Darth_Spartan Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2005
    All this talk of cheesy cheesyness is making me want Chees-its and cheese.

By the way, AOTC had the worst dialogue by far.

3. R4P17DC

R4P17DC Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2005
    I'd say TPM has the worst.
    "Now this is podracing!" "Yipee!" "Let's try spinning, that's a good trick." "We're hit Artoo, aaaahhhh."

AOTC had the least cheesy.

4. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    ROTS was the best of the bunch for dialogue. TPM had some of the best PT lines, but it also had some of the worst.

5. michaelbacca

michaelbacca Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2005
    They were all supremely cheesy. Its kind of hard to pick the most cheesiest. The one thing that all three had in common as far as cheese goes is that it seems to be that Anakin had the cheesiest lines in the movies, especially in TPM.

6. LukeCloudjogger

LukeCloudjogger Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 2005
    They ALL had cheesy dialogue. George Lucas WAS the writer for all three, wasn't he?

7. michaelbacca

Mar 15, 2005
    Indeed he was. Did he ever give a reason for why he wrote these three and let someone else write the OT? Why couldn't they bring back the same people responsible for ESB. That movie had great dialogue as did the other two.

8. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    GL wrote one OT and two PT.

9. AmosMoses

AmosMoses Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 30, 2005
    All the prequels had really cheesy lines
    ROTS
    ?You are so beautiful.?
    ?It's just because I'm so in love.?
    ?No, it's because I'm so in love with you.?
    ?So you?re saying that love has blinded you??
    AOTC
    "I wish I could wish away wishes of wishes" or however it went
    "This party is over"
    Anything C-3PO says in the battle arena
    TPM
    "Are you an angel?"
    "Yippie"
    "Let's try spinning"
    "Now this is podracing"

I'd go with AOTC for the cheesiest of the cheesy, but with Anakin's lines in TPM it is not far behind on the cheesiness scale.

10. Padmes_love_slave24

Padmes_love_slave24 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 24, 2003
    Quit the dam moaning about the dialogue, I watched AOTC and TPM recent and I didn't have a problem with the dialogue. Oh and by the way the reason Anakin has dialogue that is called "cheesy" is because he is a kid in TPM, and a teenager in AOTC and sorry normal kids and teenagers don't use sophisticated dialogue in every day interactions especially when they are in love, why doesn't some moron think next time before they make stupid criticisms!

11. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Gee whiz, I wish one day someone would sit down with George Lucas, and go over the scripts for all 6 SW movies.

Then we can go line-by-line to determine whether or not it's a "good" line, who the author was, and, at the end, determine whether or not Lucas is a crappy writer.

He was nominated for a Best Screenplay in 1977.

12. Wester547

Wester547 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 5, 2004
    So how did ANH end up being such a better screen play then TPM's, or AOTC's, and even ROTS's to a rather lesser extent to be unfair? (even though ANH has its share of cheesey lines, but hey, they were well delivered moments by the actors)

13. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Your outlook determines your happiness in life.

14. Go-Mer-Tonic

Go-Mer-Tonic Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 22, 1999
    As a person who hasn't noticed a difference in the level of cheeseyness between any of the SW films, both classic and prequel, I find the attempts to figure out which one had the most or least cheesey dialogue to be arbitrary and pointless.

15. LukeCloudjogger

LukeCloudjogger Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 2005
    A couple of lines from ROTS I liked were:

"You're under arrest chancellor!"
    "Are you threatening me Master Jedi?"

AND

"My loyalty is with the Republic. For democracy!" ~ Obi-Wan says this before lightsaber duel with Anakin. I think I have it right.

I felt most of the rest of the dialogue was cringe-inducing.

16. D_Tiburon

D_Tiburon Jedi Youngling

Aug 7, 2005
    AOTC and TPM were both pretty cheesy but I think the "romantic" scene between Amidala and Anakin was the most painful example of bad dialogue I have ever seen. When I buy the DVD set I plan on deleting the scene from my dvd.

17. Sarg_Kulo

Sarg_Kulo Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2004
    "I can go home and fix up the babies room." ~ Padme, ROTS

The only one that made my toes curls and my fist clench

18. EmperorSorridom

EmperorSorridom Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 2, 2005
    1. ROTS
    2. TPM
    3. AOTC

19. forever_jedi

forever_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 5, 2002
    It's tough to choose. All 3 have their share. Though I feel that the cheese in TPM is easier to digest, because TPM is light-hearted, by its very nature.

The PT is cheesier than the OT. And it's the Velveeta variety. Perhaps because much of the cheese in the PT is whenever the Anakin/Padme love story is being shown. The love story is supposed to be so serious, not to say, important to the saga, leading to Anakin's turn, and the birth of the twins, that cheese here is quite off-putting. If it was a light-hearted romance set during action, cheese would have melted in better? [face_thinking]

20. MidnightRain

MidnightRain Jedi Master star 4

Jul 16, 2003
    Remove Jar Jar from TPM and it would be the least cheesy. With Jar Jar, I think it's the worst, followed by AOTC. ROTS, to me, had the least amount of cheesy dialogue.

21. D_Tiburon

D_Tiburon Jedi Youngling

Aug 7, 2005
    As to why the PT is more cheesy...from what I can tell Goerge wanted to create a more civilized, formal and cultural tone for these movies. Why it didn't work was for a couple reasons:

1. In our "reality based entertainment" we are used to more "realistic" dialogue.

2. Poor Casting. Not that the actors are bad actors just not right for the film. I've noticed that some actors are more capable of pulling off cheesy lines then others.

3. CG limited acting or wooden acting. With a near sterile environment to react to it caused many of the actors to struggle.

22. michaelbacca

Mar 15, 2005
    Last January I was a 19 year old in love and I never used lines that were as bad as Anakin's. I am now a 20 year old in love and guess what? I still don't use lines that bad.

23. StarDude

StarDude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 28, 2001
    RotS and TPM weren't too cheesy when it came to dialogue. AotC on the other hand . . .

24. michaelbacca

Mar 15, 2005
    It seems to me that the stand out actor in the movies is Ewan Mcgregor. TPM had Liam Neeson who did a great job but for the most part the person with the least amount of cheesy sayings is Obi-Wan.

25. anakin_luver

anakin_luver Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2005
    AOTC had the least cheesy.

Please tell me your joking...:_|

ROTS was the best and the two can duke it out for the worst ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.