main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

which prequel had the least cheesy dialogue

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by mynameismyown, Aug 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SeventhAngelicSlayer

SeventhAngelicSlayer Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 18, 2005
    I didn't think any of the dialogue in the PT was all that cheesy, except for a few of the scenes with Anakin and Padme. 'Are you an angel?' from TPM - yes, that's exactly what everyone says to each other the first time they meet -, the 'Love Pledge' from AOTC right before they're taken out into the arena on Geonosis - it was played out like a really bad piece of fanfiction -, and the scene on the balcony from ROTS - there was a collective groan of disgust in the theater when that scene played out -, other than that one scene, I found the dialogue in ROTS to be really good.

2. anakin_luver

anakin_luver Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2005
    I agree with the first two, but with the balcony scene I will have to diagree. Yes, if you think about it as two hoplessly romantic people talking to each other, than it will seem corny. But if you look at it as foreshadowing, you will see the tragic meaning to that certain scene.

3. Ki-Adi-Mundi_fan

Ki-Adi-Mundi_fan Jedi Master star 3

Jun 7, 2005
    ROTS had the least cheesy dialogue

4. servent78

servent78 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 21, 2005
    As my as i loved ROTS i'm sorry but it had the worst cheesiest dialogue of all. but only between anakin and padme. but it was still the best one of all

5. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    ?You are so beautiful.?
    ?It's just because I'm so in love.?
    ?No, it's because I'm so in love with you.?
    ?So you?re saying that love has blinded you??

I thought this was clever. It's often a guy in love will try to say something sweet but ends up sticking his foot in his mouth. I thought this was a clever nod that this.

6. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    I agree, Stryphe.

If I think of all the stupid, cheesy things I've said to my wife (and even worse, the stuff I used to say/write when I was 18-21)...8-}

I actually really like that moment between them.

7. anakin_luver

Jul 26, 2005
    Yah, as I've said before, they're married! They don't have to write down, edit, and practice every thing they say to each other. That was just something he said and it kind of went wrong. LOL. And, it foreshadows, which is very clever. They showed a wife and a husband sharing some alone time with each other, and they still stuck with the story. It was calm before the storm.

8. arabiansanchez

arabiansanchez Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2001
    ROTS; best dialogue

AOTC; Worst dialogue.

9. paul01

paul01 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 5, 2005
    Im not really bothered about the dialouge its "Star Wars" im watching not "Taxi Driver", as long as I am entertained for two hours, I will excuse the "cheesy" Star Wars dialouge.

10. Darth_Maggious

Darth_Maggious Jedi Youngling

Jul 18, 2005
    how can people say AOTC had cheesy dialoge? :oops:
    TPM is much much worse.> "yippee!" "are you an angle?" <who says things like that?i mean come on now people.

11. mynameismyown

mynameismyown Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2005
    i would have to say ROTS had the least cheesy dialogue as it is the best prequel

12. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001

13. Phredreeke87

Phredreeke87 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    "Lets try spinning, that's a good trick" was the only line that really bothered me in TPM. I thought the "are you an angel" thing was cute, afterall, he was nine, he wasn't trying to pull pickup lines on her. For AoTC, some of the romantic stuff got a bit too much. I haven't watched either in a long time though.

When I saw Padmé saying "You're breaking my heart" in the ROTS trailer, I thought it was the cheesiest thing ever, but in the film, it works out quite well.

14. anakin_luver

Jul 26, 2005

To name a few of the worst lines in the saga, IMO.

Anakin: I wish I could just wish away my feelings.."

Count Dooku: That was brave, boy, but foolish. I would have thought you'd have learned your lesson.
    Anakin: I'm a slow learner.

Anakin: Don't be afraid.
    Padme: I'm not afraid to die. I've been dying a little bit each day since you came back into my life.
    Anakin: What are you talking about?
    Padme: I love you.
    Anakin: You love me? I thought we had decided not to fall in love. That we'd be forced to live a lie and that it would destroy our lives.
    Padme: I think our lives are about to be destroyed anyway. I truly... deeply... love you and before we die I want you to know.

The bold print is where I feel like cringing. Natalie did a dreadful job in that movie.

15. wcleere

wcleere Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2002
    =D= Agreed. I think they were trying to accomplish the same thing in AOTC but went a little overboard.[face_sick]

16. Master_Yoder

Master_Yoder Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 16, 2005
    Don't forget "Arwe u ahn angle?"

I don't know if this counts, but the part where you see mace walking into the senate and you hear jar jar say"dujcvhn idj dhcjei ncvuevv
    mesa ichdji dbivhcl" You could barely here what the hell he's saying?

17. ctlady

ctlady Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2005

Actually, C-3PO's lines in AOTC were hysterical. AFter all, he's a protocall droid - kind of like a stuffy English butler, so his reaction to what was going on around him was appropriate.

To me, the whole 'fireplace' speech,..."I'm haunted by the kiss I shouldn't have given you....my heart is beating, praying that kiss won't become a scar...."

I mean, this kid is 19! What 19 year old mush-talks his GF like that?? But...blame GL for that

18. Jedi knight Pozzi

Jedi knight Pozzi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 2, 2000
    `I mean, this kid is 19! What 19 year old mush-talks his GF like that?? But...blame GL for that?'

Should we? I thought Lucas had trouble with the love scenes and hired Hales for the writting of them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.