main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

which prequel works best

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by battlewars, Apr 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. battlewars

battlewars Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2005
    as a movie i think tpm was probably worst in this regard, i thought it had too many characters for one thing and too many introductions that you kinda lost track of the plot, ie naboo being invaded, palpatine becoming chancellor, and so forth

2. BauconBatista

BauconBatista Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 24, 2004
    Ummmm... which do you think works BEST? ;)

I think, when the prequel trilogy is finally complete, TPM will actually "work" the best--without it's innocence, the darkness of the latter two prequels would be nowhere near as impactful.

3. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    AOTC is my favourite so far. But I think ROTS will be the best, regarding Anakin's fall to the Dark Side and all question that will be answered.

4. Deeysew

Deeysew Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 5, 2005
    The one with the most lightsaber duels.

5. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    I'd have to say I perfer AotC over TPM. The plot was kind of weak. They just gave us a semi-useless problem (Naboo invasion) in order to introduce the major characters, and get Palpatine to the Supreme chancellor seat. There was a similar thing going on in ANH, but not nearly as much, because Lucas knew there was always the possibility that this would have to end up being a stand alone movie.

6. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    Each Prequel is a shadow of the Classics, and each one of them works "best" for what they were meant to convey.

TPM is the Prequels' ANH-- a simple boy on Tatooine (Anakin/Luke) learns things about himself he never knew (midichlorian count/father was a Jedi) from a Jedi mentor (Qui-Gon/Ben) and begins to embrace his destiny, overcoming overwhelming odds (podrace/Death Star escape), including the death of his mentor, and defeating a huge menace to the galaxy at the end of the movie (Droid Control Ship/Death Star).

AotC is the Prequels' ESB-- the simple boy is being trained even more (by Obi/Yoda), but ignores his mentor's wishes and sets off to do something brash to help someone he cares for (Obi on Geonosis/Han and the gang on Cloud City), getting caught up into trouble along the way (captured by Dooku/falls for Vader's trap). He eventually gets away, but not at a devastating cost (arm lost to Dooku/hand lost to Vader), and the movie ends with a cliffhanger (Dooku is Tyranus and the Clone Wars begin/Vader is Luke's father and Han is frozen in carbonite).

RotS...well, without delving into spoilers, I believe it's safe to assume that it is going to be the Prequels' RotJ. The cliffhanger is resolved in RotJ, the simple boy embraces his own destiny in RotJ, and there's a teary-eyed ending in RotJ. Should RotS fit these descriptions, then it will be fulfilling its purpose as well.

All in all, the movies are what they were supposed to be. They are part of a great and legendary Saga, and each of them, including the Prequels, perform their "best" as they were meant to. Could there have been some tweaking here and there? Perhaps (*cough* Greedo shooting first *cough* Jake Lloyd as Anakin *cough* :p ). But overall their purpose is met, and they are what makes up Star Wars.

Darth Dominikkus likes this.
  7. WLDB

WLDB Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2004
    I didnt realize all the similiarities there were between ANH and TPM.

So far, AOTC is the best prequel in my books.

8. battlewars

battlewars Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2005
    tpm just needed for me to have a clearer story, it seemed too cluttered

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.