main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Which reason is most likely for the delay in announcing a director?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Ender_and_Bean, Dec 4, 2012.

?

What do you suspect is the main reason the director hasn't been announced yet?

1. 1) They're still deciding.

8 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. 2) Waiting for a clause in one of the director's contracts to end.

3 vote(s)
    9.4%
  3. 3) A new director, potentially Fincher, expressed interest that they weren't expecting.

1 vote(s)
    3.1%
  4. 4) The directors want to read more than just the treatment and this they're all waiting on Ardnt.

5 vote(s)
    15.6%
  5. 5) They think delaying will build hype.

12 vote(s)
    37.5%
  6. 6) They're floating rumors trying to gauge fan reaction.

3 vote(s)
    9.4%
  1. Ender_and_Bean

Ender_and_Bean Chosen One star 6

May 19, 2002
    In your opinion, what is the biggest reason the director hasn't been announced yet?

Edit: "this" should be "thus" in the poll. Wrote this on a mobile.

2. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Why do we even think there is a "delay". A delay implies that the intended times chedule has slipped. Maybe in Disney and LucasFilm's schedule, a director is not announced until sometime in 2013.

Echo-07 likes this.
  3. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    Who says there is a "delay"? Perhaps by their own plan they are still right on schedule. They will announce when they are ready. That said, I am getting impatient too.

Echo-07 and LawJedi like this.
  4. Ender_and_Bean

Ender_and_Bean Chosen One star 6

May 19, 2002
    It's obvious "delay" wasn't the best choice of word but hopefully we can move past that and get some poll results.

5. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Nope. I can't be expected to vote under these conditions. [face_not_talking]

6. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Yeah, I don't see this as a delay. They'll announce who it is when they're good and ready. Until then all we can do is speculate. :_|

7. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2007
    It is pretty early in the production phase. As far as I know, we don't know the story, if any of the actors from the Original Trilogy or Prequel Trilogy will return to reprise roles or play new characters, or the plot..

8. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    Waiting for that check to clear the bank.

HankSolo likes this.
  9. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I honestly just think they're building up hype. I believe a director has been on it for the best part of a month.

10. yggdrasil311

yggdrasil311 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 7, 2004
    Being that they just gave the thumbs up to merge, they are going to get the business side of things done first. Then move on with the announcements. Big corporations never let info out early until solid groundwork and structure is built up around what will be their biggest money driver. This is one of the biggest deals of all time, so I'm not suprised it is taking so long. There are things that costs only millions in R&D that are ready to launch in "alpha" and then "beta", but aren't released to the public. They build the hype. Give sneak previews.

Quality over quantity.

11. Jobertus

Jobertus Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    I believe that a director has already been approached/chosen, hired, and is working with the rest of TPTB on the early stages of the film, it suits no purpose for TPTB to announce it yet. There is a long process yet to go before filming and (of course) before the film is released. We will be told when they think it is best to do so, hopefully before the end of the year, but whatever.

12. Lando's Little Maneuver

Lando's Little Maneuver Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 26, 2012
    They enjoy toying with our emotions.

DarthMak likes this.
  13. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    Even if a director has been selected, I would imagine that on a project this massive and potentially lucrative, agents and lawyers would keep the contract negotiations going for a while. This is all probably expected and still well within the intended time frame. I know it's difficult to be patient in the modern world, but we're going to have to get used to the fact that not everything happens at lightning speed when it comes to something as big as this.

14. Panakas_Dawg

Jul 29, 2004
    Lucas pretty much *just* okayed the treatment anyway. We need to let the pages cool down from his warm, sweaty grasp before we start clamoring for a director.

15. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    Maybe they are waiting for 12/21/12 to pass before they get too serious.

darthtuttle likes this.
  16. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Yeah, I was talking about this in another thread.

I can see Lucas trolling the geeks that trolled him so hard for so long. He starts by saying "there will never be another SW movie." Then laughs as all of these trolling geeks cry. Now, he makes everyone wait until the last excruciating minute before he gives any detail. Payback is a bitch.

17. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    Funnily enough, this is probably correct.

18. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    I am getting impatient as well mostly because there doesn't seem to be a need to withhold the info. It won't spoil anything.

I didn't vote because I think there should be other choices. I think the director has been picked but they may be working out details such as the contract and whether or not said director gets to direct again in the trilogy. I think its Vaughn and Flemyng said he was interested barring the contract [I took to mean negotiations.]

Also, something we hadn't even speculated about but Federtal regulators had to give their blessing to the sale which they have now done according to a link in the "Here we go again" thread. That could have been the delay right there -- to make sure there will be an Episode VII.

19. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Now, now. I'm sure that even if the decision has been made, Mr. or Ms. Mystery Director would like to enjoy their last fleeting moments of privacy and human dignity before the sith hits the fan. ;)

Count Yubnub and Echo-07 like this.
  20. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    No dammit! That's what they signed up for!!!! :p;)

LawJedi likes this.
  21. Saurion-Fett

Saurion-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2001
    Ok why do you think there is a delay on voting in this thread

22. Panakas_Dawg

Jul 29, 2004
    Just heard back from Supershadow. Tim Burton is directing and Johnny Depp is voicing a droid.

topgoalscorer_no11 likes this.
  23. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Eh, it's not a delay.
    It's just a delay from our perspecitve who want everything right here, right damn now.

Echo-07 likes this.
  24. darthtuttle

darthtuttle Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2004
    Actually they are going to announce Joel Schumacher on 12/21/12. Well played Mayans.

Echo-07 likes this.
  25. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    Outside of Michael Bay and M. Night Shamalamadingdong that is the worst case scenario. LOL

eht13 likes this.