main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Which ROTS figures is everyone having a hard time looking for now.

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by 2nd_to_last_Jedi, Apr 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JayTee_Erricck

JayTee_Erricck Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 2, 2004
    Damn.

It pains me. Seriously. It pains me.

The other night (I believe it was last week Thursday), a couple 'a buddies of mine & I stopped by a local K-Mart. To my pleasant surprise, there were 3 (count 'em THREE) AT-TE Tank Gunners (or, as I like to call 'em, the "Tem Morrison" figures) there. Up until that point, I hadn't even seen ONE in stores ANYWHERE here.

Problem?

I was low on cash & figured, "Ah, I'll just come back on Saturday when I've gotten paid & pick one up".

I shoulda known.

Went back there Saturday (actually, very early Sunday morning) and, of course, they were ALL GONE!

Sure, I feel like an idiot. I guess I should have just asked one of my buddies if I could have borrowed the cash until Saturday but, like a true bonehead, I refrained from imposing on them, even though they would have known I'm good for the cash.

It seems that most if not all the stores are restocking on Star Wars toys, though. At that same K-Mart, I saw several Anakin Jedi Starfighters. I've also seen Grievous's Wheel Bike at other stores, the carded AT-RT Driver, Utapauan Warriors, Mustafar Sentries, etc., etc..

I STILL haven't seen Episode III's Tarkin in stores. Ask Aak? Don't think I've spotted him at all but he's not high up on my wish list.

Good hunting, everybody. I hope y'all can find the figures & vehicles you're wishing for.

May the [Good Side of the] Force be with you.

Jay Tee
    http://www.rebellegionhawaii.com <<< Page SIX of the C3 pictures is UP in the Gallery section!

2. Majik_Monkee

Majik_Monkee Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 30, 2005
    Ask Aak seems to be harder to find out here than Tarkin is. I've seen two Tarkins and one Ask Aak, and once they were gone, that was the end of it (there was a Meena Tillis that was hanging around for a while too that I finally put out of it's misery and bought).

Let me teach you a lesson you shall take with you through the rest of your life...when it comes to nailing that hard to find figure, the gloves must come off! You must have no shame, no concern for the future, and most of all, no regrets after the fact! Many have been the times I've borrowed money from friends to buy figs I'd have been otherwise unable to get, and often have I spent all but five dollars of my grocery money for a week on Star Wars figures (thank goodness for baloney and bread). I know I've thrown a lot of money I didn't have and effort into snagging my favorite figs, but hey...you only live once, right? [face_whistling]

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Ask Aak was warming the pegs at Entertainer along with Tarkin when I was there last week. More Tarkins than Ask Aaks though - only a few of him.

4. PhantomMenace

PhantomMenace Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 20, 2001
    I've actually never seen Tarkin or Ask Aak. I really do want Tarkin, but I guess he'll show up eventually.

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Well, I have never seen the black pilot variant, the Clone Evolution set or the latest clone variants (Shocktrooper, etc), so I guess things even out.

6. PhantomMenace

Apr 20, 2001
    Definitely! :p :)

7. Majik_Monkee

Mar 30, 2005
    Absolutely...the Black Pilot is the new Senator Palpatine out here, along with the original Grievous Bodyguard and Neimoidian Warrior. I'm beginning to think it's more a matter of sloppy distribution of the figures across the world than some huge scalper conspiracy...and the Tarkin that I bought sat out on the front of the pegs for over two weeks and nobody bought him, so I don't think he's that huge of a hit among collectors, I just don't think he shows up much to begin with.

8. PhantomMenace

Apr 20, 2001
    I only ever saw the black Clone Pilot once at a grocery store. I'm glad I picked him up at the time. He's now back home gunning my ARC-170 Starfighter. :)

9. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Here the original pilots are keeping the Palpys company. And there are still Polis Massans and Vader's Medical Droids to add to that army.

10. SithAboveAll

SithAboveAll Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    tons a vaders(11) get in the way now. i mean tons....

11. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I haven't seen many Vaders. The Anakin Evolutions pack is a shelfwarmer though. However I haven't seen any of the other Evolution packs.
    Edit - actually I have seen the 500th Vader - Entertainer still had a couple on the shelf last week.

12. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    SithAboveAll posted on 10/4/05 12:29pm
    tons a vaders(11) get in the way now. i mean tons.... [hr][/blockquote]

I know, what's up with that? The shelves at the Wal-Marts around here are PACKED with Vaders. It's the biggest pegwarmer around now, it's even more plentiful than Mon Mothma, Nemoidian Warrior and the Chancellor Palpatine. Weird...

13. JayTee_Erricck

JayTee_Erricck Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 2, 2004
    Majik_Monkee,

Thanx for the advice. Well said.

I'm hoping that, with all the restocking of stores going on, the AT-TE Tank Gunner will appear again in stores. If I'm there by myself, I'm hoping I'll have the cash on hand.

Then again, there's always my check card.

May the Force be with you.

Jay Tee
    http://www.rebellegionhawaii.com

14. Majik_Monkee

Mar 30, 2005
    Well, I know a bunch of Vaders came packed with the newer waves, especially the Pilot Obi/AT-RT Driver wave...that's where a bunch of the destroyer droids came from again also.

I went to a Wal-Mart about an hour away the other day, and they were totally polluted with 500th Vader and green Clone Commander. The worst of it was the veritable flood of #6 and SA clones as far as the eye could see. It was like someone had built an army themselves and kept it carded on the front of the pegs. Maybe all those folks who collected the white clone initially realized it wasn't in the movie and returned them. I'd like to know why people sell the #6 clone on eBay marked "RARE!!" I thought "rare" meant it was hard to find...

15. PhantomMenace

Apr 20, 2001
    I've been seeing quite a few more Vaders recently. Not tons of them, but quite a few. However, I'd rather the shelves be clogged with Vader than with say, that ultra rare Neimodian Warrior.

As for clones, Wal-Mart has been getting tons of both the #6 and #41 clones. I just can't see why they won't ship more #6 Shock Trooper clones instead and repaint the #41 clone.

16. Majik_Monkee

Mar 30, 2005
    I still find it amazing that of all the clones that were in the films, the plain flavor was never actually featured (that we saw). How does Palpy go from having so many different varieties of clone for so many different theaters of action to having plain white armored storm troopers fighting the battle of Endor? Yeah, sure, he showed us he still had some originality by keeping snazzy shoulder pads on the sand troopers, but it just seems like an odd transition to go from so many varieties to almost none at all.

Maybe the clones were arguing too much about who had the cooler uniform, and the Emperor got fed up with it and made them all wear white...or maybe there was a specific planet requiring the clones to wear purple and none of them wanted to go there because it wasn't a manly color. Hey...it could happen...

17. Droid-Master

Droid-Master Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 2005
    WOOOOO HOOO

just picked up 2 black pilots from Walmart and 2 red shock troopers in Jacksonville FL.

I never saw Tarkin :( why does he hate me so?

18. Majik_Monkee

Mar 30, 2005
    Tarkin hates everyone...just look at that scowl on his face. I had to go take a shower after opening his package and seeing the dirty look he was giving me...you'd think he'd be thankful that I liberated him from that plastic prison, but no...

For a while, the appearance of black pilots out here signified that the senator/Tarkin wave had been there as well...but now I'm not so sure. I think they've been getting packed in with the later waves as well. btw, good luck finding the regular pilot these days...I think they painted them all black and forgot to save some of the regular ones...

19. Droid-Master

Droid-Master Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 2005
    realy. they have tons of reg pilots and the green comanders as well

20. Majik_Monkee

Mar 30, 2005
    I can't believe I paid $9 online for the green commander loose. Boy, is my face red! I went to one of our semi-local Wal-Marts the other day, and the pegs were polluted with the green commander, though the shock trooper was nowhere to be found. I'm not complaining, though...I made a choice, and I got the figure I was after, so that's that. As for the shock trooper, I have one on the way, so I can stop searching all 500 figures at every Wal-Mart store and getting skunked looking for him.

Is the Sith Eyes Anakin highly sought after? Does it even show up anywhere anymore? I don't see either version of that figure these days, so I was just curious...you don't hear much about that variation around here anymore.

21. StormTroopersAttack

StormTroopersAttack Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2005
    Found some new figures tonight at my local Target: Wookie Commando and Gunner, R4-P17, Commander Bly and Gree. Also noticed that the packaging for R4-P17 and Wookie Gunner were switched. On the back, it listed that R4 is #64 and the Wookie Heavy Gunner is #68 but the two I picked up tonight, R4 is #68 and Wookie Heavy Gunner is #64. Has anyone else seen this?

Finally found an Utapaun Warrior and a Green Clone Commander. Just curious if he's rare. First time I've seen him.

22. Majik_Monkee

Mar 30, 2005
    If you'll check my above post, you'll see that he's not really...not out here anyway...the red one is rare now...

Having trouble finding 501st Tactical Ops clone...think I'll probably just make my own...

23. SithAboveAll

SithAboveAll Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    so are all of the final 12 released then? think i've found up to 62

24. Majik_Monkee

Mar 30, 2005
    All of them have shown up on eBay in semi-significant quantities. I think that means people must be finding them on the pegs now, not just by ordering their own cases to sell.

25. Master_Jedi80

Master_Jedi80 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 27, 2005
    Still havent seen any sign of the new 12 here in NYC. Either they havent been shipped or shelved here yet, or i am just getting to the stores after they have been raided by collectors and scalpers. Although i find it hard to believe there wouldnt be a wookie, or nemodian or something sign of these 12 left behind.

I went to Boston this weekend, and stopped by as many Targets/Kmarts as my girlfriend would allow before going insane.
    I did see one Nemodian Commander in silver, but didnt get him...

Basically now, i am looking for a few from the new 12, and a few more shocktroopers, as well as the Assualt on the Jedi Temple. I will be patient, because i was searching for the likes of Bacara for months it seemed, and now he and his wave are everywhere...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.