main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Which ROTS figures is everyone having a hard time looking for now.

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by 2nd_to_last_Jedi, Apr 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Majik_Monkee

Majik_Monkee Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 30, 2005
    So far, the Wookiee Commando and the two Seperatist repaints seem to be the figs that wind up hanging around after the pegs have been raided of the final 12. The Grievous bodyguard repaint has a way of sticking around as well. Oddly enough, you don't see much of the Neimoidian around here anymore...it's like the answer to a prayer...

2. CGIStormtrooper

CGIStormtrooper Jedi Youngling

May 15, 2005
    I picked up both the Lava Reflection Vader and Obi-Wan today, plus Gree and Bly. They also had Attack on Coruscant pack, but I left that.

3. Darth_Nefar

Darth_Nefar Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 4, 2005
    Good idea. Seriously, I was nervous about jumping into the custom realm, but it was fun, easy and rewarding. I now have a unit of 4 orange Utapau clones and a couple of yellow Felucia troops, modeled after the orange shoulder pauldron wearing fellow in this picture(on the right side of the image):

[image=http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y187/SalsaJimbob/Star%20Wars/main3.jpg]

Painting clones is really quite easy and you need to look no further than Wal-Mart for the proper materials. I'm going to move on to painting Battle Droids for some variation (blue and crimson models seen in TPM) and Astromech droids. Just bought another BD and a #48 R2 for this the other day, so we'll see how it goes.

On topic, I haven't seen the final 12 in stores, but a family member found 57-63 for me, so I'm not freaking out yet, though there are multiples I'll need from some of those figures.

4. Majik_Monkee

Mar 30, 2005
    I took my first crack at customizing last night because the Tactical Ops 501st has yet to show up out here. I got some acryllics from Wal-Mart that withstood a scraping test on a plastic bottle, so now, thanks to the pics of the 501st fig on Rebelscum, my Tank Gunner is now a 501st clone. I gave him the stand from Mas Ameda, and he's almost identical to the picture now. The two sets of stripes down the sides of the legs were a little more ambitious than I felt like getting at the time, so he's sort of a cross between the 501st from the JTA pack and the carded figure. He looks great, though...

[Threepio]I never knew I had it in me![/Threepio]

Since I buy only one of everything, I don't need a 501st clone now. I may pick up a new tank gunner some day, but there's no guarantee...he's not in the movie, after all (which is why I was willing to sacrifice his figure).

5. JayTee_Erricck

JayTee_Erricck Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 2, 2004
    BUMP!

The Good Side of the Force was strong with me today for collecting.

I walked into the Kay Bee toy store at Ala Moana Shopping Center here in Hawai'i. It was somewhere between 9 & 9:30 a.m.. Being a Wednesday and not a Saturday (when I was told the new toy shipments USUALLY come in), I didn't expect there to be any new Episode III figures there. Still, I wanted to check.

The cute gal behind the counter told me I was lucky because their latest shipment was delayed and it had just come in. Thus, I found 2 Commander Gree figures waiting for me. [I bought one for myself & one for my friend/co-worker.] I also found Commander Bly, a dark-grey furred Wookiee & a Neimoidian Commander. [Actually, there were several Neimoidian Commander figures there + a number of green-striped Clone Commanders.] Am happy. The usual scenario is I walk in to a toy store & there's nothing new. I'm sure you all know the feeling.

No sign of the Tactical Ops ("501st") Clone Troopers. Also, I've never seen the ShockTrooper Clones (red stripes, like in the Senate Chambers near the end of ROTS) or black-version Clone Pilot in the stores. Ebay is still a resort in my mind.

May the [Good Side of the] Force be with you.

Jay Tee
    http://www.rebellegionhawaii.com

P.S. I finally saw Obi-Wan's maroon Jedi Starfighter (at another Kay Bee). If I didn't see it during midnight madness (can't remember if it was there or not), this was probably the first time I'd seen it. Alas, I can't afford to pick it up now. Maybe someday. I'm guessing there will be a lot of restocking going on for Christmas! :)

6. mterracciano

mterracciano Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2005
    Has anyone seen 64 and up anywhere but Target?

Around here (Chicago) I have not heard of them being anywhere else but Target.

7. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Try as I might, I can't seem to find the "Final 12".

8. loki41872

loki41872 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2002
    Wait untill November 1st. Most retail stores have pallets of ROTS stuff in the back that they're putting out the night of the DVD release. It'll be just like April 2nd again!

I delivered to a Wal-Mart yesterday and in the back room was a pallet, shrink-wrapped and loaded with those little boxes with the purple stripe. Most of them said

Episode III basic figures collection 1
    and
    Episode III basic figures collection 2

9. Master_Jedi80

Master_Jedi80 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 27, 2005

Dont lose hope!
    I didnt see anything of the new 12 for weeks, and finally they are showing up.
    I only have the Gree and Nemodian, but I am glad they are sowing up//

Soon enough they will come your way/

Oh and i also love the thought that stores are waiting to stock up for Nov 1.

10. Darth_Ritschl

Darth_Ritschl Jedi Youngling

Aug 29, 2005
    Has anyone seen any restocks of Evolutions, especially Sith Evolutions? I have been looking at Target, Walmart, and Kmart. They came once, I got the Anakin, and now they've never returned. Another Target I went to was giving Force-Battlers instead of rain-checks. Blechk.

11. Majik_Monkee

Mar 30, 2005
    Wal-Mart is the only store I've been to since before the final 12 came out, and I've seen all the figures except the holo ones and the 501st there. I'm sure those haven't shown up just because they got bought up...if you don't buy the figs the first time you see them there, they'll be gone when you return. Rest assured that they have to show up sooner or later...maybe try more stores...

12. Master_Jedi80

May 27, 2005
    Toys R Us near me (times sq) just restocked about 10 sith evolutions, they got tons of Clone ones too (the yellow kind)

I barely have seen any new 12, but things like evolutions, most ships (not gunship), and every figure but Dooku and the Red Gaurd are readily available...

i cant wait to walk into a store and see it stocked with three or four of the new 12, it will be a day long remembered

13. Darth_Cephus

Darth_Cephus Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 6, 2002
    Of the final twelve, the Vader's legion clone trooper, and the two holographic figures have been toughest to find.

14. Darth_Foo

Darth_Foo Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    the only figures stores around me have are mon mothma, clones, and the ocassional bail. *sigh*

15. Jirin_Raman

Jirin_Raman Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2002
    In the 3 cities I have shopped within a 30 mile radius of here, the stuff I cannot find:

501st/Tactical Ops Trooper

It is the only one of the "Final 12", outside of Gree & Bly (Which I already have) that I want. I've never understood why the troop builders are always so damn hard to find. You'd think they'd make a plethora of them, so army builders can have what they need.

I am also not seeing any replenishment of the Evolutions sets anywhere here. I want another Sith Evo set, so I can have a sealed one to go along with my "Great Wall of Palpatine". :cool:

16. Obiyodawinduvader

Obiyodawinduvader Jedi Master star 4

Apr 15, 2005
    I cannot find the last 7 of the Final 12..... I bet they'll be in tonight at Wal*Mart because of the DVD tomorrow

Woops, I gotta get the DVD packs too..... I'm so broke.

17. Master_Jedi80

May 27, 2005
    My Most Wanted list...

1) 501st
    2) R4
    3) Red Royal Guard.
    4) rest of final 12 i dont already have. if i like 'em when i see them

I have never seen the Red Royal Guard in a store.
    and I havent ever gone to a store and seen the pegs filled with more than one of any of the new 12. The one exception being 4 Nemodian Commanders 2 weeks ago.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.