main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Which Saber is Better?

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Stealth_Jedi, Dec 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stealth_Jedi

Stealth_Jedi Jedi Youngling

Oct 30, 2002
    Which lightsaber is better? The Anakin Skywalker Jedi Training Lightsaber or the Master Replicas Anakin Skywalker FX Lightsaber?

2. _HothWampa_

_HothWampa_ Jedi Master star 4

Jun 24, 2002
    definatley the MR saber.

3. Sarlacc_Pit

Sarlacc_Pit Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 24, 2001
    No question...the Master Replica's Anakin Saber. I thought my Hasbro traing saber was one of the coolest sabers made, until I got my MR saber. Very, very cool, and well worth the money.

4. Stealth_Jedi

Oct 30, 2002
    Isn't the blade on the MR saber made of glass?

5. AnakinWisler

AnakinWisler Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2002
    Neither...go with a Parks Saber. 8-} The MR is a piece of junk. [face_plain] Park's Rouge saber is the one that looks the most like Anakin's. They're so much cooler and almost indestructible! :cool: Plus you can take the blade out and display the saber hilt on your belt. :cool:

6. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    About ten years ago I built a cool lightsaber out of legos. Unfortunately, it fell apart whenever I tried to hit something with it.

7. Sarlacc_Pit

Jan 24, 2001
    The blade is not glass, in fact is is a polycarbonite acrylic..the same as a Parks saber. It's larger in diameter and brighter. I have the Rogue saber from Parks, and it is close to Anakin's, but no where near as accurate as even the Hasbro training saber. And yes, the one dissadvantage to the MR saber is the blade not being removable, but the awesome sound effects more than make up for it in my opinion. Even if it was removable, I probably wouldn't take it out as I find it hard to put down.

8. Jack_T_Chance

Jack_T_Chance Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2002
    Of the 2 sabers listed, which is better?
    Well, that depends on personal preference more than anything else. Most people would say the MR, though.
    But if you ask me what THE best saber is, I'd tell you that the only working saber for THIS Jedi is a Parks Sabers Fury! :D
    Now if Jeff'd just hurry up with that new 2 battery system! I want my saber, darn it!

9. Sarlacc_Pit

Jan 24, 2001
    Not to drag this off topic, but what is the two battery system you reffer to? I have the Echelon (which is awesome, the fury is one of my other favorites as well), and probably will be getting more from Jeff, but hadn't heard about this yet.

10. Darth_Maul_77

Darth_Maul_77 Jedi Youngling

Nov 30, 2002
    It really is a matter of preference. The MR's are really expensive while the Park's sabers offer a lot of value for the money. I'll be getting an Arc-Wave for X-mas. :D

11. Jack_T_Chance

Aug 18, 2002
    Originally posted by Sarlacc_Pit:
    Not to drag this off topic, but what is the two battery system you reffer to? I have the Echelon (which is awesome, the fury is one of my other favorites as well), and probably will be getting more from Jeff, but hadn't heard about this yet.

It's really simple. In fact, I would've thought it would be self-explanatory. Apparently, I thought wrong. [face_plain]
    Parks Sabers currently use 1 9 Volt battery to power the blade and other assorted lights. Jeff Parks has been, for several months, in development on a new inverter design that uses 2 9V batteries. This provides a higher voltage of power (18V vs. 9V), so the blades can run brighter. But it also provides a larger power reserve, so they can run longer. :)
    The reason he doesn't have it available yet is that there were supposedly delays from the people who manufacture the electronics for him. But he has supposedly announced an upcoming website redesign/new product line in January 2003. So, we'll see if that actually happens.
    In the meantime, Lightech Industries, Parks' chief rival (and run by a former Parks employee) has already "stolen" that idea. Only thing is, he already has HIS 2-battery sabers available to order. [face_plain]

12. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Jack is right. I've been waiting for quite a while to buy my third Jeff Parks lightsaber. He originally was going to have the double-battery sabers available at the Comic Con in August, but apparently it has been pushed back to January for the reasons stated above. It is too bad he couldn't get them done before Christmas as I know a lot of people who have a Parks Saber on their Christmas list. But if the double battery system sabers will be available in January, most of them are going to wait.

13. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Where can I buy a Parks saber? :confused:

14. Jack_T_Chance

Aug 18, 2002
  15. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Thanks! :)

16. Kung-Fu-Yoda

Kung-Fu-Yoda Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2002
    Personally, I'm parcial to the M2, I've been looking at it for a while, but its to much Ciz-ash $$$ for me.

-Yoda ;)

17. Dobermann

Dobermann Jedi Master star 1

Aug 7, 2001
    Can Parks Sabers deliver to the UK? I live in the UK and normally get upset by high delivery charges.

18. AnakinWisler

Aug 7, 2002
    It's like $30 more to deliver outside the US.

19. Stealth_Jedi

Oct 30, 2002
    I'll have to settle for the Jedi Training Saber because the MR one is too expensive. Btw, can someone tell me why the MR one can't be used for dueling?

20. Jack_T_Chance

Aug 18, 2002
    Legal reasons, plain and simple. Some of the less-popular features of the FX sabers are due to the fact that LFL lawyers got involved with the product to make sure LFL's interests are looked after. One of those interests is avoiding possible product liability issues. So, the blades are permanently attached and the "official" statement is that you are NOT to duel with them. And yet, one of the selling points that MR has made with them has been the durability of the blades, thereby implying that they can stand up to some dueling. [face_plain]

21. Droid_Runner

Droid_Runner Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 23, 2002
    AnakinWisler is right! All of our local SW group members concur -- the Parks saber is by far the best of the bunch! :D

I have held on, and it is the ultimate in coolness and realism, for my monet! :p

22. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    Dobermann, I'm pretty sure Park Sabers deliver to the UK, but you probably will have to pay import charges.

23. Disco_Dark_Jeedai

Disco_Dark_Jeedai Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 19, 2001
    Is the MR Anakin FX lightsaber's blade detachable?

24. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    No, it isn't. :)

I would love to get a Parks saber, but they're too expensive... I got the Anakin F/X one for $89.99, free shipping from kbtoys.com... :)

25. AnakinWisler

Aug 7, 2002
    ^ You also get what you pay for...$89.99 for the piece of junk MR saber, or $210 for the excellent Parks saber. I'd rather be patient and save the extra $$ until I can get the Parks saber. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.