main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Which scene most often brings tears to your eyes?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Ananta Chetan, Sep 7, 2013.

1. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002
    This one. Every. Single. Time.

I blame the music for making me remember that this is probably one of the last/ few times that they are happy and together before .. well .. Darth happens ....:_|

2. solrdzm

solrdzm Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 28, 2015
    Ep1-- when Obi-wan appears,when Tatoine Planet appears,and when I realized that C3PO was made by Anakin, when Anakin's said goodbye to his mom, when master Qui- Gon jinn dies.
    Ep2-- when Anakin's mom died and he killed all the aliens, when anakin and padme are in luke's future home (the farm) when we see all the clones and you heard the imperial March song, obviously when anakin and padme got married.
    Ep3-- when padme said to anakin that she is pregnant, when anakin is in Padme's Appartement and he touched her baby belly, every time they say something about their baby, when master mace windu confronts Palpatine, when Anakin is trying to kill padme, when Anakin is burning and Obi-Wan is telling him that he was like a brother for him snd all this dialog, the childbirth of luke a Leia specially when padme gave them their names in the same scene Yoda crying, when Obi-Wan gave luke to his uncle and then appears the double sun set, when Darth Vader ask if padme is ok and the emperor says that she died, when Darth Vader sees the dead star.
    Ep4--when Obi-wan talks about Anakin and the clone wars and gave luke his father's light Sable, when luke come backs to the farm and saw his uncle skeleton,when I see together Darth Vader and Leia, when Darth Vader realized that luke's could be his son, when they won the battle.
    Ep5--when luke knows the true, and knows that Leia is his sister and the final scene of the twins looking the galaxy.
    Ep6--when luke says "like my father before me" and repeats Padme's words, when Darth Vader know that he has a daughter, the final duel between father and son, the Anakin's redemption, the song of the endor victory, when appear the 3 force ghosts anakin, Yoda and Obi-Wan

Enviado desde mi SM-A500M mediante Tapatalk

DarthFixxxer likes this.
  3. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    I was rewatching the saga in prep for TFA back in December, and I'd never had this reaction before, but when this shot showed up I completely lost it.

[​IMG]

wobbits, AniLukeRey and Ananta Chetan like this.
  4. Zenwalker

Zenwalker Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    I have a few:

Tears of Sadness:
    When Luke sees the burnt remains of his aunt and uncle.
    When Obi-Wan sacrifices himself and Luke yells "NO!"
    When Luke says,"father don't leave me".
    The Vader funeral pyre.
    Padme's funeral procession.

Tears of Happiness/Excitement:
    When Vader tosses the Emperor down from the catwalk.
    Both times the Deathstar gets blown up.
    Surprisingly, I teared up when TFA opening music and crawl came on.
    When Rey uses the force to get the lightsaber from the snow/Kylo Ren.

** The Vader funeral pyre was always the biggest tearjerker for me before The Force Awakens came out, because up until recently, it marked the end of the saga for me.

ObiWanKnowsMe likes this.
  5. Jhhh

Jhhh Jedi Youngling

Jan 26, 2016
    When vader says it's too late for me son

6. ObiWanKnowsMe

ObiWanKnowsMe Jedi Master star 4

Sep 7, 2015
    -Padme when she says "you're breaking my heart"... I do not know why people hate that line. To me it seems like a natural response and it was great acting by Natalie Portman.
    -Obi-Wan when he yells "you were the chosen one!" in Episode 3 as he watches his former friend burn
    -Anakin's funeral in the Vader suit at the end of ROTJ. The ember and ashes drifting into the night sky and the music really is great

AniLukeRey likes this.
  7. Darth Formidious

Darth Formidious Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2015
    When the beloved emperor falls down the ventilation shaft, that's my favourite character falling to his death. :_|

8. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    I don't recall any of the newest film trailers making me tear up. Maybe the last being TFA's back in the day.

9. AEHoward33

AEHoward33 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2019
    When nine year-old Anakin is reluctant to say good-bye to Shmi and Anakin's death.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2019
    wobbits likes this.
  10. Bob Effette

Bob Effette Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    When Luke kills that guy's Rancor. That was his pet, man, he loved that thing.

Ananta Chetan likes this.
  11. darthfettus2015

darthfettus2015 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2012
    The ending of Rogue one

Sarge and afterlight like this.
  12. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    ^This is the way.

13. afterlight

afterlight Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2019
    Oh, man, I'm glad I'm not the only person who has feelings about this. It doesn't make me tear up but it makes me weirdly upset. The logical part of me recognizes that this dude is tied into a soulless criminal enterprise and I probably shouldn't feel bad for him, but I have a knee-jerk emotional response to pet-related grief.

14. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    I could name dozens of very emotional scenes in all of Star Wars, but if I have to be 100% consistent with the title, the only moments where I can actually have watery eyes are the following:

• ROTS - The scene with Amidala looking at that Coruscant vista, somehow feeling that all is lost. The music, the visuals, Portman's face, it's perfect. A masterpiece of a scene in every aspect.
    • ROTS - The moment when Anakin screams I HATE YOU to Obi-Wan.... the epitome of the word tragic. The prequels had a few lows, but their highs are higher than anything, and there sure is a lot of those.
    • REBELS - Kanan's death is what I consider a flawless execution in film making.
    • TCW - Ahsoka's decision to leave the Jedi Order moves me to the maximum degree.
    I think the pattern is scenes where I have to embrace the inevitable, and the sense that sad things happen and there's no way around them. Throw a little bit of sacrifice in that, and I am a sucker for those. What's interesting is that the OT definitely stirrs up a lot of emotions to me, but none of that is an emotion of sadness. Maybe only the scene where Luke finds his folks burnt to a crisp, and the scene where we see Darth Vader's face for the first time. But there's still a feeling of catharsis and happiness on that last one.

Deliveranze and Ananta Chetan like this.
  15. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    When the music swells and Obi-Wan yells, "You were the Chosen One!"

And the ending where Obi-Wan is keeping Luke warm and passing him to Beru. So beautiful and calm after a movie with so much despair.

16. Kururu

Kururu Jedi Master star 1

Feb 9, 2007
    - Anakin saying goodbye to his mother in TPM.
    - Order 66 montage.
    - The inmolation scene.
    - Owen and Beru holding baby Luke looking at the binary sunset.
    - AnakinĀ“s final words to Luke.
    - Vader burning on the funeral pyre.
    - ROTJ 2004 and Blu-ray ending with Hayden.

wobbits and Deliveranze like this.